[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have the 4th pick in our draft.

vikings711

I have the 4th pick in our draft. Tomlinson will go first, Steven Jackson wil go second. And, I believe Larry Johnson will go third. Assuming this occurs, should I take Frank Gore or Shaun Alexander? We do not give pts for receptions.

1 pt for every 10 receiving/rushing yrds

6 pts for every TD

3 bonus pts for TDs over 40 rushing yrds

5 bonus pts for rushing 125 yards

IF the first three are as you say, Gore. But BSM is correct in the fact that you will probably see Gore go right in front of you. You need to be asking about LJ or SA. In this case, I'd go SA unless you hear that LJ has signed before you draft starts.

If Gore is gone and LJ hasn't signed....would any of you consider Addai instead of SA? I'm just not completely sold on SA. Maybe its just me?

I think Addai and Alexander are a real toss-up. I am a Seahawks fan, so would take Shaun in that situation, just so I could watch my #1 fantasy RB every week. But, for other people, the advantages for Addai is that he will receive less attention from opposing defenses than Shaun will, and he has a better o-line than Shaun does, and is MUCH younger. On the other hand, with DJax gone to S.F, and Stevens gone to Tampa, Shaun will get ALL of the touches near the goal-line for Seattle.

I think Addai and Alexander are a real toss-up. I am a Seahawks fan, so would take Shaun in that situation, just so I could watch my #1 fantasy RB every week. But, for other people, the advantages for Addai is that he will receive less attention from opposing defenses than Shaun will, and he has a better o-line than Shaun does, and is MUCH younger. On the other hand, with DJax gone to S.F, and Stevens gone to Tampa, Shaun will get ALL of the touches near the goal-line for Seattle.

Agreed. I'd say SA actually b/c Im not sold on Addai after just 1 year....but if you do, i'd nab Morris. I think he's going VERY late in most drafts though so you should be able to.

If Gore is gone and LJ hasn't signed....would any of you consider Addai instead of SA? I'm just not completely sold on SA. Maybe its just me?

Not only would I consider him but I'd probably take him. I really like his situation.

I am in the same position as the original poster. 4th Pick, standard scoring, no points for receptions.

Why is everyone so high on Gore? Ive been doing my research, and is it b ecause he's younger, healthier? That would definately make sense.

I was thinking about taking Rudi Johnson at the 4th spot. Silly move? Gore will put up more points?

Thanks,

Josh

I am in the same position as the original poster. 4th Pick, standard scoring, no points for receptions.

Why is everyone so high on Gore? Ive been doing my research, and is it b ecause he's younger, healthier? That would definately make sense.

I was thinking about taking Rudi Johnson at the 4th spot. Silly move? Gore will put up more points?

Thanks,

Josh

Gore is getting rated high because he is the central piece of an improving offense. He will get the bulk of carries for the team and is somewhat involved in the passing game to boot.

Rudi over the last 4 years has finished something like 12, 9, 8 and 10 in RB scoring..... kind of get the idea of where he would/should be drafted.

At 4, in a non-PPR league, at this point, it's usually a debate between Gore, LJ and Addai (usually one of those 3 will go at 3). Throw in PPR and you will see Bush and Westbrook in the mix. Some owners (myself included) are pretty high on Alexander having a nice rebound year, but I don't think I could justify taking him over Gore at this point, unless it comes out that Gore's hand is bothering him a lot more than it should.

i'm in a performance redraft in the 4th spot..... lt and sjax went 1, 2. and the draft was stalled overnight. i believed i had them ranked gore then lj (because of the holdout).....

the guy at 3 took lj and i got gore...... pretty happy about it.... just a little safer right now..... once lj hits the field he should be fine, but new qb and subpar passing attack has me hesitant about lj... concerned about wear and tear from so many touches.

Not only would I consider him but I'd probably take him. I really like his situation.

Not only do I agree that you shouldn't even have a shot at Gore considering the LJ issues, but I have a hard time not envisioning a great year for Addai. He finished strong, Edge flourished in that system, he's got a bunch of nobodies backing him up. He's got 2000 combined and 15 + TDs written all over him. I was all over Edge his rookie year for these same reasons and look how that turned out.

Also, unlike most of the other backs in the 1st round, his offense is a lock to be inside the red zone plenty. That element is huge. It's the thing that always made Dillon a crappy pick when he was in Cinci. It's the one thing about Gore that scares me as well as a guy like Ronnie Brown. Those guys have a real shot at plenty of yards but less than 10 TDs.

LJ has baggage galore and KC has lost yet another OT to injury. Who's their QB again? That team could really stink it up this year and I make a habit of avoiding players on really bad teams.

SA is not a bad bet, but I'm just having a hard time getting excited. I like to be stoked about my first pick and, of those 3, I'd be most stoked about Addai.

Thanks,

Josh

If your living on the edge this much, I would draft Steve Smith the #1 WR, and really throw the whole deal outta flux,

If your living on the edge this much, I would draft Steve Smith the #1 WR, and really throw the whole deal outta flux,

:D

That would really throw everyone off!

Thanks guys for the input. I'm leaning towards Gore, but the poster before me had some great points. What to do, what to do!

If I get 4th he'd be there and I'd take him with no hesitation. Everyone already touched on pieces why, he's young in an explosive offense, plus speed and no competition. I also know I'd have trouble taking Gore over Addai if I were #3. Gore worries me more because of his injury history. He's probably a better RB and his offense is going to have to be respected. Smith should have a decent enough year with DJax and Vernon D as smart as he is at QB. Its just too many knee operations and shoulder problems and now a broken hand.

Addai is just too hard to pass up this year.

I pick 3rd in my league, It will go LT, Jackson, I am going to pick Addai. He is on the best offense in the league. This year he will be a full time starter. No Rhodes to deal with.

The same thing was said about Ronnie Brown last year (No Reefer Ricky , etc,) , will carry the full load , etc ! And although Addai IS on a much better offense than RB, this has Ronnie Brown written all over it.....so , be careful, you need your 1st round pick to be a "no-doubter" !! Just my 2 cents...i am sitting in the 6th hole in one league, and am leery of ADDAI there !!!!