[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I had to pay today...

BigMikeinNY

If they start this where I am, I will run that cart out into the field. Then, some store manager can haul his arse out there into the boondocks to retrieve his cart and make the company a whole quarter.

I like that idea... I'll do that too if it comes to it. :D

Paying for shopping carts is as crazy as paying for tv or radio.

especially the ones with a chunk of mop thread wrapped in the wheel that sound like a duck or raped ape and pull to one side down the aisle......... :D

got the joke though....... :D

I could not believe today in Target, that I had to pay 25 cents to use a shopping cart. All the shoppin carts are connected by a chain, in order to get one off the chain you need to put a quarter in the little slot.

What's next?

It's simple...tell the CS desk you need a cart to shop, and if you can;t shop in their store without paying for one you'll go to another store.

:D Businesses will do what they can get away with to part you from your money. And it's people accepting it that makes it work!

This is a reason I avoid stores with loyalty card programs. I won't be any store's beeyotch.

especially the ones with a chunk of mop thread wrapped in the wheel that sound like a duck or raped ape and pull to one side down the aisle......... :D

The tv equivalent to that would be American Idol

I been thinking about this all day because I have nothing else to do in this 105 DEGREE HEAT THAT KILLS YOU IF YOU GO OUTSIDE AND BREATHE!!! Does putting the quarter in the cart equal some kind of contract? Did I just "buy" a cart? Or am I renting it? Am I liable for the cart while I am using it? What if I just buy all their carts and drive away with them? Is it a crime? :D

Where is skins when you need him? :D

Bingo! Target sounds like the new place for the homeless people to hang around. They'll wash your windshield and take your cart back for you.

It's all so pointless. Even if they are paying someone to pull in the carts, you hardly ever see anybody doing it. If they start this where I am, I will run that cart out into the field. Then, some store manager can haul his arse out there into the boondocks to retrieve his cart and make the company a whole quarter.

Target near my house has some thing on the cart that locks the wheels if you take it past a certain point. And those things are a bitch to push when the wheels are locked. Pretty neat idea that the stores all around should buy into to prevent me from pushing my cart home to my trailer.

The cost of a cart monkey is around $6 an hour. If they can't make up for that in sales by not pissing off their customers, then they are a poorly run franchise.

My company just moved to a small town, and our building is right next to a sandwich shop. I went in there and was about to order a sandwich when the lady said, "I should warn you that we don't take credit cards."

"What? Why not?"

"Because it costs us extra. We only take cash. But we've had three people from that new building expect to use credit cards and then not have cash to pay."

"Then you lost 4 customers today, probably permanently. Wouldn't it be cost effective for you to suck it up and lose the 3% to the credit card company to get more customers from 40 people moving in right next door?"

"That's not the way we do business."

Idiots.

We have a local burger joint that we go to for lunch sometimes that charges you extra if you use a card. It sounds like an a-holish thing to do, but in truth most places have already tacked on that extra amount & charge it to even the cash-paying customers.

As a side note to the shopping cart discussion, my wife went to a local grocery recently & they were selling reusable shopping bags. As if the plastic ones you already have aren't reusable. :D

In ca couple of years you will pay for TV or have none :D

Perfect. Then we can start balancing the budget by getting rid of the FCC.

I think this is a pretty good idea. I personally hate seeing shopping carts just strewn about a parking lot, lazy SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!erz. How about the nice ding in yer bumper from a runaway cart? I think its worth LOANING a store 25 cents to make sure more people return their cart when theyre done. Beats the $250 deductable for dent removal.

What a bunch of old ladies! :D A discount grocery in the midwest (Aldis) has been doing this for years. You just plan ahead to have a QUARTER when you go shopping. Those of you who impulsively grocery shop for a shopping cart of food will just have to suck it up or go to Walmart. I've wondered why more stores didn't go to this a long time ago.

PS- You have to bag your own groceries at Aldis also. :D

I was going to mention Aldis too. I always figured it was to help discourage the drunks and homeless people that seem to congregate around the store from stealing the carts for a new vehicle/home/mobile home/etc.