[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephon Marbury on Michael Vick

Hugh 0ne

Just in case you were on the fence about Marbury being a total moran:

http://www.news10now.com/content/top_stori...mp;addvid=68293

"We don't say anything about people that shoot deer or shoot other animals. From what I hear dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors. And I think it's tough that we build Michael Vick up and then we break him down. I think he's one of the superb athletes and I think he's a good human being. I just think he fell into a bad situation."

I mean, shooting deer is the same as torturing dogs for years by breeding them to be fighters, and then drowning them or electrocuting them or smashing them on the ground until they're dead when they lose. It's just behind closed doors.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deer = wild animals that can overpopulate.

Dogs = domestic animals that make great FRIENDS.

Hey Stephon, do you shoot your friends?

I dont understand how people can compare dogs to other animals. Dogs are a domestic animal, and thats what these jackazzes seem to ALWAYS forget.

Just in case you were on the fence about Marbury being a total moran:

http://www.news10now.com/content/top_stori...mp;addvid=68293

I mean, shooting deer is the same as torturing dogs for years by breeding them to be fighters, and then drowning them or electrocuting them or smashing them on the ground until they're dead when they lose. It's just behind closed doors.

They were also talking on Sirius yesterday about the lifestyle of some dogfighters. They said something about how some of them would kidnap peoples pets from their back yards, and throw them in the pen with the dogs to see how they would react to other animals. They essentially would kill the dog. Sick. I hope Vick dies a horrible death.

Its the generation x mentality with a total disconnect that too many athletes have today ...they don't think or act like a common normal person because too much is given too them and they are too far removed from regular society ...very sad but also infuriating

:mad:

Deer = wild animals that can overpopulate.

Dogs = domestic animals that make great FRIENDS.

Hey Stephon, do you shoot your friends?

I dont understand how people can compare dogs to other animals. Dogs are a domestic animal, and thats what these jackazzes seem to ALWAYS forget.

A pit bull is not exactly what i'd consider to be domesticated, but that's my opinon. They kill and mame more people then any other type of dog, and all the deer in the world combined.

Edited by theeohiostate

I must say, I find the pictures in the local sunday paper of dads with their kids, kneeling over the buck they just killed to be pretty barbaric.

While not a hunter myself, I see quite the difference between the barbaric breeding, torturing and eventual killing of dogs for sport as opposed to shooting a deer.

While not a hunter myself, I see quite the difference between the barbaric breeding, torturing and eventual killing of dogs for sport as opposed to shooting a deer.

I made no comparison between dogfighting and hunting.

good.

But I am a bit of a moral relativist and different people find different things morally or ethically reprehensible. Just because hunting is less barbaric than dogfighting, doesn't exactly make it "stand up" behavior in my book.

A pit bull is not exactly what i'd consider to be domesticated, but that's my opinon. They kill and mame more people then any other type of dog, and all the deer in the world combined.

Yeah, that's the part of this story that complicates the issue for me. Because of their violent history, I have nowhere near the same affinity for pit bulls as I do for my border collie....but that's not really the breed's fault. People have been fighting pit bulls and selectively breeding them for about 200 years, so the modern product is not surprising.

The history of the pit bull suggests that they're more at "home" in a fighting "pit" than they are in someone's living room.

Obviously, I question the intelligence/maturity of people who find entertainment value in dogs tearing each other to pieces. I also find it disturbing to think of those same people finding "creative" ways to kill some of those dogs. However, I kinda take exception to those who can make a distinction between a dog and a deer, but don't understand the difference between a pit bull and a truly domesticated dog breed. :D

Vick's dog-fighting escapade is inexcusable -- and dog-fighting should definitely be illegal everywhere -- but, unfortunately, there are worse things.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Then why did you post the comment that you did if it has no connection? Just felt like making a case for PETA?

Maybe because it relates to the very first post in this thread & the quote from Marbury, which this thread is about?

Just saying. :D

Then why did you post the comment that you did if it has no connection? Just felt like making a case for PETA?

Just playing a little devil's advocate. Stephon makes a point despite himself. What is morally reprehensible to one has no ethical or moral ramifications to another.

Just playing a little devil's advocate. Stephon makes a point despite himself. What is morally reprehensible to one has no ethical or moral ramifications to another.

That's nice. But of course, we're talking about what is morally reprehensible to our society as whole here - you know, those pesky little things called laws.

That of course is why your non-comparison of deer hunting & dog fighting would be so completely absurd & assinine if in fact you had actually made it, which we all know that you didn't.

But I am a bit of a moral relativist and different people find different things morally or ethically reprehensible. Just because hunting is less barbaric than dogfighting, doesn't exactly make it "stand up" behavior in my book.

Agree with you here. I put all these activities in one big tub, Killing for Sport. While some are more hanis then others, the underlaying issue for me is the same. I do not judge anyone who kills animals, as i eat meat everyday, i just don't like the idea of doing any harm to any animal for the simple "fun" factor.

That's nice. But of course, we're talking about what is morally reprehensible to our society as whole here - you know, those pesky little things called laws.

That of course is why your non-comparison of deer hunting & dog fighting would be so completely absurd & assinine if in fact you had actually made it, which we all know that you didn't.

Are you honestly trying to equate moral reprehensibility with what is illegal in this country? I take it you are pro-choice then.

Edited by billay

It's just this simple folks- Brothers backing Brothers. End of story.