[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephon Marbury on Michael Vick

Hugh 0ne

Then allow me to ask the question yet again, one that I note you have not answered:

Why would you post the deer hunting comment if it has no relevance in this thread?

Or answer this simple question:

How disingenuous are you?

Ask a question, get a question.

How many times are you going to ask me something, only to have someone else point out to you that it has already been answered?

You continue to throw insults my way BB. Have I insulted you? Have I disparaged you in some way?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it has relevance in this threat because the thread is about stephon marbury and is idiotic comments on this whole situation. As somoene else pointed out... its a brother backing a brother. Its OJ Simpson all over again, only this time there isn't even a hint of racism in it, but my god, the lefties want to make it one.

Have I insulted you?

Quite frankly, yes - and most others who have read this thread. When you throw out a comment about deer hunting and then in your very next post say that you made no comparison between deer hunting & dog fighting, and then later in the thread state that you're merely trying to blur the line in regard to the killing of animals, your disingenuousness is a slap in the face to many here. I won't even get into your attempted excursions into abortion among other diversions.

Now you're making a blatant attempt to play the hurt innocent.

When you're this contemptuous of many here and then try to brush it under the rug while blaming others for jumping to a conclusion that you clearly intended to draw, it absolutely is insulting.

I've got 38 cents on Bronco Billy...he's got strong hindquarters, sharp teeth, and is more than willing to chew off his own arm if trapped.

The dog that barks the loudest tends to be just that, all bark and no bite. The odds makers know that it's the quiet ones with the eyes that are close together that you need to watch out for, as they don't give any warning before they pounce. Yoiu may want to wait until the line comes out before you throw around that kind of cash.

Look, the bottom line is that if you feel that killing any animal is wrong, and that makes deer hunting every bit as bad as dog fighting in your opinion - say so! That's your privledge to hold that opinion, and while I might diametrically disagree with you and debate the issue, I'll back you up 100% as far as your right to hold that opinion and put it forth on this board.

But when you treat people here as stupid for allegedly misinterpreting what your clear intention was, and then take off on wild tangents to cover yourself when you get pinned into a corner - that is insulting.

God knows I've been wrong enough before - or been on the short side of a raucuous debate. :D That happens. Take your beating when it happens.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Quite frankly, yes - and most others who have read this thread. When you throw out a comment about deer hunting and then in your very next post say that you made no comparison between deer hunting & dog fighting, and then later in the thread state that you're merely trying to blur the line in regard to the killing of animals, your disingenuousness is a slap in the face to many here. I won't even get into your attempted excursions into abortion among other diversions.

When you're this contemptuous of many here and then try to brush it under the rug while blaming others for jumping to a conclusion that you clearly intended to draw, it absolutely is insulting.

Look, the bottom line is that if you feel that killing any animal is wrong, and that makes deer hunting every bit as bad as dog fighting in your opinion - say so! That's your privledge to hold that opinion, and while I might diametrically disagree with you and debate the issue, I'll back you up 100% as far as your right to hold that opinion and put it forth on this board.

But when you treat people here as stupid for allegedly misinterpreting what your clear intention was, and then take off on wild tangents to cover yourself when you get pinned into a corner - that is insulting.

God knows I've been wrong enough before - or been on the short side of a raucuous debate. :D That happens. Take your beating when it happens.

You know BB, you have to ease up on the vocabulary a bit from time to time. I mean we here are trying to focus on FF this time of year and honestly my brain then has to switch gears quite a bit to keep up with your posts. Hell I finally figure out what you're trying to say in one part of a post and then you gotta go ahead and throw me another curveball of a word in another part. :D Billay probably doesn't even know how you honestly feel at this point. :wacko:

Edited by irish

Nah. They might have been bred to be mean for hundreds of years or whatever, but I promise you, if you raise a puppy to be a companion, it will be just that. If you treat it like crap, abuse it, make it aggressive, then of course it will be just that.

+1

It's a very common misperception of the bully breeds.

It takes being speyed/neutered, consistent and persistent exercise and discipline for any dog to be a 'perfect' dog. The formula is the same from lap dogs to Rottweilers.

I can guarantee that you if you raise a dog from birth with routine controlled exercise (walks 1 hr+ per day), discipline (during exercise requiring the dog to follow and pay attention to your commands and corrections), and eventually being speyed/neutered... I don't care if that dog was born from champion fighters. The dog that was raised in the above environment will be more well behaved than any poodle or dachsund that does not receive any or all of the above.

Edited by kingfish247

Just in case you were on the fence about Marbury being a total moran:

http://www.news10now.com/content/top_stori...mp;addvid=68293

I mean, shooting deer is the same as torturing dogs for years by breeding them to be fighters, and then drowning them or electrocuting them or smashing them on the ground until they're dead when they lose. It's just behind closed doors.

But what if those dogs had vital information that could stop a terrorist attack...would you tolerate the abuse and torture then??? LOL...just kidding BTW...valid question to a certain extent...but no the right forum..

That's nice. But of course, we're talking about what is morally reprehensible to our society as whole here - you know, those pesky little things called laws.

That of course is why your non-comparison of deer hunting & dog fighting would be so completely absurd & assinine if in fact you had actually made it, which we all know that you didn't.

OK...what is the fine for hunting deer out of season...is it jail time....seems it should be to use your comparison here...pesky thing is that laws sometimes don't treat equal actions as equal. However, I agree with you here BB to a point. Society is not a good place to practice moral relativsm....it practices collectivism...which excludes moral relativism.

:D

You laugh....but there are laws popping up all over the land where people cannot smoke in restaurants and bars or public places because people who have the ability to reason and choose feel they can't choose for themselves or that they are entitled to be at the stadium in a smoke free environment....that is ok for the homoerectus amongst us...but those who have no choice in the matter....you laugh at that....why?

Still avoiding answering the questions, I see, despite your pronounced & prolonged attempt to take the debate into all sorts of barely relevant areans.

How progressive of you...

You are giving my ideology a bad name BB.....you are avoiding...I am reading the whole thread.

Im sure either A) it had rabies, or B ) it was bred to be aggressive. Again, it is how they are raised.

My father in law had a pit since its birth.....it was raised to be a nice dog...and it snapped at my daughter because she got in its face....little 4 year old. I took the dog and threw the damn thing against the wall and took it out back and shot it.......should I go to jail with Mike Vick.....that is what the HUMANE society would have done.

Peep...I agree...as with humans environment is part of the equation...but it is not the whole equation...dogs can be retarded like humans and do things against their nature. The NATURE of TERRIERS are that they are hyper and aggressive....that is not in dispute. So while they can be trained otherwise....when in a situation where they have not been trained or have forgotten their training....they resort to their NATURE....if this makes sense you are one up on me!!!! LOL

it has relevance in this threat because the thread is about stephon marbury and is idiotic comments on this whole situation. As somoene else pointed out... its a brother backing a brother. Its OJ Simpson all over again, only this time there isn't even a hint of racism in it, but my god, the lefties want to make it one.

As a republican for 15 years I would like you to point out one lefty that wants to make it about race....and not Sharpton or Jackson....they are pimps who would try to use any ideology for their agenda. Name me one lefty.....it is republican like you that lose us races in this country every dang year. Shut up.....liberals don't like torturing dogs anymore than you like it....get fricken real man.

Good God, BB talk about the pot calling the kettle black. What a BS artisit you are. I admit, I haven't given you your due credit. Nothing I said was disingenuous. I made a point about the presence of hunting pictures in the newspaper as an example of socially acceptable, morally questionably behavior. That was Marbury's point. That you were offended that I said that I find all willfull killing offensive, that's your problem. I've gone on record here at the huddle before about my feelings about hunting, but that's not what this is about.

Edited by billay

You wanted to defend the moral status of hunting to me based on the idea that it is legal. But that doesn;t hold any water. That's why I brought up the abortion issue. Surely there is a difference between what is acceptable and what is legal.

My father in law had a pit since its birth.....it was raised to be a nice dog...and it snapped at my daughter because she got in its face....little 4 year old.

Two things...

1) This sort of accident is not exclusive to pits. And while I don't know EXACTLY how your father-in-law raised his dog that behavior is not breed-specific... all types of dogs can and will bite humans if that dog's needs are not being met (consistent and persistent exercise, discipline and leadership).

2) You say he/she "was raised to be a nice dog" by your father-in-law. Again, I don't want to make any judgments about him but many people think they're raising their dog to be a "nice dog." Dogs don't understand how to be "nice." Dogs need exercise and discipline. Some dogs may need more exercise or more discipline. Either way the outcome is the same... a balanced, well socialized, submissive dog.

So while they can be trained otherwise....when in a situation where they have not been trained or have forgotten their training....they resort to their NATURE.

You can train a dog until you're blue in the face and until the dog will pour you a bowl of cereal in the morning on command... if that dog's basic and primal needs (exercise and consistent discipline from a calm, consistent leader) are not being met, the dog, any dog, will have issues.

Edited by kingfish247