[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephon Marbury on Michael Vick

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure that no sane person in there right mind don't hate this story, my point is, why is it that the liberals answer to this is "ban the breed" (its like that up here in Minnesota where I live after a kid got killed by a pit) and not hold the owners accountable, which is exactly where the blame should be placed. Same with, lets not blame the criminal, lets ban guns. Thats the solution to everything, Everything but accountability. My only point was, who are the people trying to make this about race? Is it about race? I don't think so. I don't care if Tom Brady did this... he'd be just as big of a scumbag as Michael Vick. It isnt a black and white thing, its a human being thing. Why does it get brought up? Who brings it up?

Ummm, what does BF Skinner have to do with any of this? :D Taking care of dogs doesn't require a PHD in psychology. Cesar Milan might have something to do with this but I don't think he even made it to college.

Dogs have been bred and living with humans for over 10,000 years. No dog is born wanting to kill or bite other dogs, animals, or humans. That is simple common sense. Any dog is prone to hyperactivity and/or aggressive behavior. That is simple common sense.

Roundup and kill all the pitbulls on the planet... people and kids will still be getting bit by dogs. That is simple common sense.

Nice punt....but that is what people do around here....instead of owning up to their obvious false overstatements.....they retreat by requalifying....you claimed that training and attention could 100% of the time overwhelm the nature of self preservation....which is nature....and since dogs cannot reason....their instinct to self preservation is a rather quick move....IOW...they don't think about it...they do it. You might want to pick up a philosophy book every now and again to learn the differences between humans and our subordinates.

Im sure that no sane person in there right mind don't hate this story, my point is, why is it that the liberals answer to this is "ban the breed" (its like that up here in Minnesota where I live after a kid got killed by a pit) and not hold the owners accountable, which is exactly where the blame should be placed. Same with, lets not blame the criminal, lets ban guns. Thats the solution to everything, Everything but accountability. My only point was, who are the people trying to make this about race? Is it about race? I don't think so. I don't care if Tom Brady did this... he'd be just as big of a scumbag as Michael Vick. It isnt a black and white thing, its a human being thing. Why does it get brought up? Who brings it up?

Thanks for pointing out you couldn't come up with one singular example except those who will pimp anything....be damned with ideology.

Criminals are blamed and held accountable. Still a problem though.

The NAACP for one... which presidential campagn do you think they are going to help finance? Hilary Clintons perhaps?

So, you have seen where they are calling this racism??? I didn't read that into it. As a fellow republican maybe you can help me read where they are crying racism for Vick being prosecuted. Actual quote...and I would consider the NAACP part of the "will pimp anything no matter which ideology agreed" crowd.

IOW....I would kinda like to think my fellow republicans can actually think for themselves versus surviving solely on talking points.

I know it’s only preseason and don’t mean to jump the gun, but I think when you guys do your awards at the end of the season this post should win one of the awards, very entertaining and to boot I’ve already learned 3 things from reading it….

#1- I’m a good person because I would never shoot a deer (or any other animal for that matter)

#2- I’m a bad person because I really enjoy smoking pot around my dog. I especially love when she tries to lick up the smoke in the air as it coming off the dobbie… very entertaining.

#3- I’m not the only person that sometimes feels like he needs to break out the dictionary when reading some of BB posts.

I know it’s only preseason and don’t mean to jump the gun, but I think when you guys do your awards at the end of the season this post should win one of the awards, very entertaining and to boot I’ve already learned 3 things from reading it….

#1- I’m a good person because I would never shoot a deer (or any other animal for that matter)

#2- I’m a bad person because I really enjoy smoking pot around my dog.Actually, I thought that pot was OK...cigarettes were bad...I think this is how it went I especially love when she tries to lick up the smoke in the air as it coming off the dobbie… very entertaining.

#3- I’m not the only person that sometimes feels like he needs to break out the dictionary when reading some of BB posts.

So, you have seen where they are calling this racism??? I didn't read that into it. As a fellow republican maybe you can help me read where they are crying racism for Vick being prosecuted. Actual quote...and I would consider the NAACP part of the "will pimp anything no matter which ideology agreed" crowd.

IOW....I would kinda like to think my fellow republicans can actually think for themselves versus surviving solely on talking points.

You're telling me, that there isn't a difference between the way they view this situation and say... the Duke Lacrosse situation? If those kids were found guilty, do you think they'd be on here saying "oh everyone makes mistakes, lets help with the rehabilitation etc etc etc?"

We both know the answer to that. It isnt what they say, its what they do. Talk is cheap. I would argue that anyone who jumps onto some talk show is just trying to pimp an agenda.

I cannot understand why Marbury would even climb on the bandwagon with Vick..... What would he have to gain by making the comment?

I do not agree with his connection between hunting deer and torturing/killing pit bulls. They are not the same.

Also, not everyone in this world has the mindset to torture animals. That is one warped SOB!

You're telling me, that there isn't a difference between the way they view this situation and say... the Duke Lacrosse situation? If those kids were found guilty, do you think they'd be on here saying "oh everyone makes mistakes, lets help with the rehabilitation etc etc etc?"Is that what you were arguing above....I thought you said that the NAACP made this Vick case about rape.....and now you are rediculously comparing dogfighting and killing of dogs to Rape???? You're not serious are you....if so please switch parties right away.

We both know the answer to that. It isnt what they say, its what they do. Talk is cheap. I would argue that anyone who jumps onto some talk show is just trying to pimp an agenda.I wouldn't....but I also don't think that the NAACP is always wrong....they are certainly most of the time by an objective measure....but they aren't always wrong.

Now that I am done addressing all your tripe above.....please establish you CANNOT demonstrate one "liberal" who has tried to make this case about race. If you can do that I will consider you a man.

You're telling me, that there isn't a difference between the way they view this situation and say... the Duke Lacrosse situation? If those kids were found guilty, do you think they'd be on here saying "oh everyone makes mistakes, lets help with the rehabilitation etc etc etc?"

We both know the answer to that. It isnt what they say, its what they do. Talk is cheap. I would argue that anyone who jumps onto some talk show is just trying to pimp an agenda.

Now that I am done addressing all your tripe above.....please establish you CANNOT demonstrate one "liberal" who has tried to make this case about race. If you can do that I will consider you a man.

Wow, Shiznit wants an apology from you too.

Wow, Shiznit wants an apology from you too.

No....I am not asking for an apology....did I say that? Reading is fundamental. I asked that he rescind his notion that anyone....let alone a liberal has made this about race. He has yet to show on singular example to support his contention....I am asking for a concession to the point.

Ah, the deer debate :D I have given up on trying to defend my fellow hunters and our right to bear arms. I'll just let you all keep hitting them with your cars, being pissed about all the while I sit back and laugh at how stupid you all must really be. :D

Been driving around Upper Michigan and Northeastern Wisconsin for years now, I've rarely come close to hitting a deer.

No....I am not asking for an apology....did I say that? Reading is fundamental. I asked that he rescind his notion that anyone....let alone a liberal has made this about race. He has yet to show on singular example to support his contention....I am asking for a concession to the point.

This guy must dominate at Scrabble.

It read to me like you were offended that Brian didn't see it your way, wanted him to admit he was wrong, and be sorry for it.

No, he made a rather large claim he couldn't back up....then backstroked and won't come clean he can't prove what he espoused....I don't have to live with his ego. He appears to be a republican like I am...and claimed that liberals have turned the Vick thing into a race issue...I called him on it and he has been backing up ever since. I only ask he quit making outrageous claims without evidence.

This guy must dominate at Scrabble.

LOL...I wish it were the case Brad. I wish it were the case. My 13 year old daughter just whooped me like a red headed step child this last weekend. Not pretty to watch a 13 year old rub in victory...like salt in a wound!!!!

Man, didn't have a lot of time due to working 80 hours a week so, I pretty much had to skim this topic.

What just baffles me is why Michael Vick would smoke Josh Gordon with a deer, shoot it, give a pit bull electroshock therapy AND an abortion, get the NAACP's approval, convert to Buddhism, come to the huddle and start spouting off advice on morality vs. law?

Has this guy gone nuts? Man...and I just thought he was a good running quarterback with accuracy issues. I am totally marking him off my "sleeper list this year. And I HAVE to get the NFL Network.....jesus.

What would I do without you guys? Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

:D:D