[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Casa de darin3

darin3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Now big is it?

Where's the pool? It is Texas...

That is a BBQ sized yard.

1,400sf on a 7,500 sf lot

No pool, but the hot tub will be kept cool in summer. :D

There's a nice-sized deck (not really pictured) that will be perfect for the BBQ and a nice patio set. Can't frickin' wait. Been without a BBQ since OCTOBER! :D

Awesome!

Next thing you know, your wife will want other people to fill up the other rooms.

But, then again, if that's the case, you will get laid at least once (unless you guys elect to keep it sanitary and provide a 'sample' to the lab).

:wacko: Wife is in no hurry. We'll probably wait until this house has run its course with us and we move out to the hills before we start pumpin' out kidlets. :wacko:

Very nice. Congrats!

The remnants of that big tree in the back yard might present a removal challenge. Dynamite perhaps?

Yeah we had to negotiate a little bit on that. They're going to cut it down a bit and treat it to keep the bugs away.

This must be a flip property. New pergo, appliances, etc.

And that is too high for Austin per SF, for a house of that age and size. Do some research on this before you pull the trigger. Get an appraisal, its worth it. You may be able to get into this much cheaper. Good Luck..

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

This must be a flip property. New pergo, appliances, etc.

And that is too high for Austin per SF, for a house of that age and size. Do some research on this before you pull the trigger. Get an appraisal, its worth it. You may be able to get into this much cheaper. Good Luck..

Uhh you must not know much about Austin real estate. This is dirt cheap. Not a flip, either... the guy lived in it with a few roommates for a year or so and they fixed it up.

congrats!!

was that jack's beanstalk they cut down in the backyard? holy crap, that tree must've been a monster!

:D Yeah it was a biggie, apparently.

How come the driveways tilted and there's no garage door??? (picture 1160) :wacko:

:D No garage (expanded the living room). Don't really need it and will build a carport. And the driveway's not tilted... the camera had some sort of tricky wide angle lens. I'm gonna redo the driveway and front patio/entrance anyways.

Wow, the Huddle must be paying you a lot of money for those IDP reports!

:wacko:

:D

Uhh you must not know much about Austin real estate. This is dirt cheap. Not a flip, either... the guy lived in it with a few roommates for a year or so and they fixed it up.

:D Yeah it was a biggie, apparently.

Ive very familiar with Real Estate all over Texas. Its a major factor in my business. I know $106.84 per quare foot is more than alot of custom homes on half acre lots are built for in Austin. Maybe the smaller SQ FT causes the price to rise than many of the homes Ive researched. Im not ripping you dude, Im trying to get you to get an appraisal to make sure you are getting value. The last thing you want is to overpay on a house you dont plan on staying in, and not being able to get out of it like you say you eventually want to do.

BTW, A flip can be a guy living there for up to 2 yrs, fixing it up, and selling it as an investment. :D

Ive very familiar with Real Estate all over Texas. Its a major factor in my business. I know $106.84 per quare foot is more than alot of custom homes on half acre lots are built for in Austin. Maybe the smaller SQ FT causes the price to rise than many of the homes Ive researched. Im not ripping you dude, Im trying to get you to get an appraisal to make sure you are getting value. The last thing you want is to overpay on a house you dont plan on staying in, and not being able to get out of it like you say you eventually want to do.

BTW, A flip can be a guy living there for up to 2 yrs, fixing it up, and selling it as an investment. :D

OK, I'll get an appraisal. :D

Edited by darin3

:D ok man, it's not like I'm shoulder-deep in the real estate industry or anything... :D

I think Sarge was (gulp) just trying to help you out. (Can't believe I just said that about Sarge. :wacko: ) A little due diligence never hurts, but I am guessing you are in tune with the market and the particular area that you are buying this house in. You are super excited about the purchase, as you should be. Just make sure you feel like it's a good buy for you. That's what really counts :wacko:

I think Sarge was (gulp) just trying to help you out. (Can't believe I just said that about Sarge. :D ) A little due diligence never hurts, but I am guessing you are in tune with the market and the particular area that you are buying this house in. You are super excited about the purchase, as you should be. Just make sure you feel like it's a good buy for you. That's what really counts :D

First off Good Luck Darin, first home is always exciting but that's just it, be careful your excitement doesn't override good judgement and due diligence. I know 0 about the Texas real estate but would listen to Sarge and TDF about the appraisal part and possibly a 3rd part home inspector for items that you may not be able to detect yourself. Also see if you can squeeze out a home warranty out of the seller but now I'm probably just stating obvious things.

Good luck, the house looks awesome from the pics.

Edited by chiefjay

Guys, an appraisal is REQUIRED by any lender to get a mortgage. :D I certainly appreciate the suggestions but seriously, come on.

Inspection is Saturday morning, and apparently it's not as commonplace in Texas to ask the seller to pay closing costs, first year of home warranty, etc. We got 'em to pay about half of what the closing costs are going to be, though. :D

To all huddlers:

Darin performs due diligence on large institutional real estate development projects all over the country. If he doesn't know something about real estate, he knows people who know. I think he probably has his bases covered.

I'm sure he appreciates your concern.

Sincerely,

Muck

Darin ... is this what you meant with that PM you sent me?

To all huddlers:

Darin performs due diligence on large institutional real estate development projects all over the country. If he doesn't know something about real estate, he knows people who know. I think he probably has his bases covered.

Sincerely,

Muck

:D

To all huddlers:

Sincerely,

Muck

Yeah well I work in Finance for a large IT company but I still had two NSF's last week on my own checking account. :wacko::D:D