[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittman headed to the rams

1stand10

Strange drop by the Saints IMO and a solid pickup by the Rams. I think Leonard, though, presents a unique versatility with his size, blocking and pass-catching. Pittman is also quite adept at catching the ball but doesn't have the sheer size of Leonard.

Interesting story though, that's for sure.

I think that's a bit of a jump, to say he's the number 2, since he hasn't even had a practice snap with the Rams yet. Many think Pittman s stricly a thrid down sort of guy. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion, but the Saints did....

Leonard has been outstanding so far. Not so sure Pittman will be #2 or not.

Strange drop by the Saints IMO and a solid pickup by the Rams. I think Leonard, though, presents a unique versatility with his size, blocking and pass-catching. Pittman is also quite adept at catching the ball but doesn't have the sheer size of Leonard.

Interesting story though, that's for sure.

He was outplayed by Pierre Thomas, was slow to pick up the offense and wasn't a factor on special teams. Stecker has been a great player on special teams for us & already knows the system. The Saints weren't going to carry 5 RBs and probably hoped they could get him on the PS.

He was outplayed by Pierre Thomas, was slow to pick up the offense and wasn't a factor on special teams. Stecker has been a great player on special teams for us & already knows the system. The Saints weren't going to carry 5 RBs and probably hoped they could get him on the PS.

Was also having problems with picking up blitz for blocking and that is a biggie with Payton.

He was outplayed by Pierre Thomas, was slow to pick up the offense and wasn't a factor on special teams.

Couldn't agree more; Watching them both play against all backups in the Miami game it was pretty clear Thomas was the better back. You hate to cut your 4th round draft pick but I like the philosophy of keeping the best players...regardless of where they came from.

Edit: Did the Saints have the option to trade him? Would have seemed like the smarter move considering it was likely multiple teams had interest in him.

Edited by myhousekey

If You read the paragraph it says "Pittman is immediately a threat to current second-string back Brian Leonard's carries"

So it looks like he will back up SJAX = #2

That's 100% speculation from Rotoworld. If you read the ACTUAL article from the St. Louis Post Dispatch you'll see no mention of him being the definitive #2 back.

If You read the paragraph it says "Pittman is immediately a threat to current second-string back Brian Leonard's carries"

So it looks like he will back up SJAX = #2

What? Being a "threat" to Leonards carries hardly christens him as the #2. If you want to treat this single report as gospel, I still don't know how you can arrive at the conclusion he's the #2. It says he is a THREAT to Leonards carries. Taking this at face value, even if you believe it's fact, that means he's the #3.

Might want to change your screen name to 1st and 20. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pittman doesn't have a shot to become the #2 back this year for the Rams (barring injury) until at least halfway though the year.

You gotta remember that he hasn't seen any reps in a Rams uniform, Leonard knows the system, Pittman does not.

Understood... guess it wasn't as much of a strange drop as it was a wasted pick.... although, getting him in the 4th round was a bit of a steal, so all things being equal I guess it wasn't a wasted pick. :D

Still a pretty nice, young player to get for nothin' for the Rams.

Pittman doesn't have a shot to become the #2 back this year for the Rams (barring injury) until at least halfway though the year.

You gotta remember that he hasn't seen any reps in a Rams uniform, Leonard knows the system, Pittman does not.

I wouldn't og that far. He has a shot but is way behind missing TC. Time will tell.

The bottom line is that this is a curious move to say the least, because they chose to pick up his contract . You don't pay the man if you don't think he's going to be a real contributor. If they were satisfied with Leonard as the #2, they don't make this move. The move allows BL to focus on the FB position, with Pittman likely to get 3rd down touches and back-up duties...