[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Depth Chart

devilwoman

also is James Jones really the #2 on the Packers or is he just the #2 in terms of fantasy value?....

I forget how the huddle works this..

It is more about fantasy value than the official depth chart but I think I am going to move JJ back behind Jennings for now anyway until he shows up in regular season games better than Jennings. He certainly has become the most hyped rookie WR behind Calvin Johnson (and only slightly ahead of Jacoby Jones).

It is more about fantasy value than the official depth chart but I think I am going to move JJ back behind Jennings for now anyway until he shows up in regular season games better than Jennings. He certainly has become the most hyped rookie WR behind Calvin Johnson (and only slightly ahead of Jacoby Jones).

It could very well be they knew what Jennings could do and didn't target him until the last game. Favre also has more chemistry with Jennings and they didn't rotate Jones into all the WR positions because he was fairly new. It's preseason so getting an accurate read on players is always a guessing game.

I always assumed that the Huddle's depth charts were the "real" depth charts...not "fantasy value" depth charts. Could someone clarify? We draft tomorrow night and I like having the "real" depth charts at hand during the draft. Thanks.

I always assumed that the Huddle's depth charts were the "real" depth charts...not "fantasy value" depth charts. Could someone clarify? We draft tomorrow night and I like having the "real" depth charts at hand during the draft. Thanks.

when it comes to WR you can't really use a "real" depth chart because teams don't have first and second string recvrs. teams use multiple sets with multiple WR's Fantasy value is what you REALLY want the receivers valuated by their ability to put up fantasy numbers within their system.

Well, it pretty much says "fantasy depth charts". I don't think it's that unclear.

Right now Stokley is the #2 with Brandon Marshall backing him up but that is likely to change.

I just don't buy that will be how it plays out.

Do we ever really know with Skeletor until KO anyway!!!!

We know Stokley's injury history and how well he plays in the slot.

Chester Taylor, D Foster and Tatum Bell are #1's too and most of us know that won't last.

We know Stokley's injury history and how well he plays in the slot.

Chester Taylor, D Foster and Tatum Bell are #1's too and most of us know that won't last.

Take one out-I'm still saying everyone will be hanging off Foster's sack by week 6, and I realise I back him more than anyone on the board and I was hoping that they would draft him in the 2nd round when he was availabel. Also, I can completely understand the disdain and DMD's feelings and research as well. I don't recall the system UCLA ran when DF was there, but I'd imagine it is closer to Davidson's than Hennings. If DF had not gotten in some kind of "trouble" and I can't remember the excact charge, but DF would have been a 1st round pick that year. I think DF will eclipse 1000yds this year and score 8-10 TDs add in some decent PPR yds and rac as well. I'll say this to all-If DF does not finally break out this year, I will never, on these forums, back him again. He's been lightning in a bottle so far but this scheme and OC may see it....dare I say, like I do. I beleive the guy could be a stud this year, still alittle loose with the ball for my taste but he does have talent and heart to come back from the injuries he's had in the past. I do believe it is going to be a true RBBC with Foster getting the majority of GL opps. I equaly think DW is going to have a fine year himself, he and Bush, I feel will compete for MYFS with LT 3rd, hell even Addai as well.

Those depth charts are a lot of fun the last two days with all the adds and cuts. Thanks.

I hear ya DMD...not a criticism, just trying to help. It would be a nightmare trying to do all you do during this critical time of the football preseason. It is MUCH APPRECIATED THOUGH!!!! :D

I'm sure the last thing Dorey you need is for a boat load of corrections, but I'm hoping to get some clarification on the Denver backfield...

Denverbroncos.com has Selvin Young at #5 as of today, Huddle has him #2? Maybe you're just having fun in the Shanny guessing game?

Young was listed as #2 on the depth chart last week. Here is an article about it. I think it all illustrates just how fluid the DEN backfield is and how difficult it will always be to always figure it out. It just changes on Shanny's whim.

Broncos win preseason finale

RB Young makes strong statement vs. Cards

By Mike Klis

Denver Post Staff Writer

Article Last Updated: 08/31/2007 02:10:14 AM MDT

The Broncos' preseason game Thursday against Arizona gave players such as rookie Selvin Young (35) one more chance to make an impression. (Post / John Leyba)Related Articles

Aug 31:

Hixon, Clark catch key breaksOpening drive enough work for QB LeinartSadly, another stretcherSenators to hear ex-players' caseDedicated Dumervil not shortchangedSelvin Young has apparently pulled a Mike Bell.

Much to the chagrin of Mike Bell.

Unemployed in the hours following the 2007 draft, Young went from football oblivion to gaining 91 yards last week in the Broncos' third preseason game, to No. 2 on the tailback depth chart this week.

With the starters not playing in the Broncos' final preseason game Thursday night, a 21-3 victory against the Arizona Cardinals, Young started and played well. He finished off his second consecutive impressive preseason performance with a nifty 12-yard touchdown early in the fourth quarter.

Welcome to the Broncos' season-opening roster, kid.

"I came out to try to play football the way I did last week," Young said. "I got some good advice from a couple guys who had been in the league awhile. I heard that anybody can have one good day. But can you put it together and do the job each and every week?"

The Broncos tailback spelling Travis Henry for the season opener Sept. 9 against the Buffalo Bills will be Young, who a week ago was an unknown rookie.

Bell pulled a similar trick a year ago. He, too, was an undrafted rookie who catapulted past Ron Dayne, Tatum Bell and Cedric Cobbs following the first week of training camp to become the No. 1 running back.

Today, Bell not only has been demoted - with apologies to Kyle Johnson - from tailback to fullback, he will awake today on the team's roster bubble.

"It's definitely not as fun blocking as it is carrying the ball," Bell said. "But at the same time, it's a team game. I'm not sure what they're thinking right now. All I know is I love to play football. If it's not here, then I'll play somewhere else."

There's a chance the switch to fullback is only temporary. And it may be a positive development for Bell in terms of making the roster as the fourth or fifth back, behind Henry, Johnson, Young and possibly Cecil Sapp. Versatility

To honor fallen teammates Darrent Williams and Damien Nash, Javon Walker, above, will keep this championship belt in his locker, at home and on the road. "They'll be with us all season," Walker said this past weekend. (Post / John Leyba)can't hurt.

Andre Hall, who rushed for 52 yards and two touchdowns, would also be a tough cut, although he has practice squad eligibility. Paul Smith is a fullback who's been an exemplary special teams player.

That's seven backs the Broncos would like to keep, but can't. It will be an anxious night's sleep for the likes of Bell, Sapp, Hall and Smith.

"It will be," Sapp said. "We've got to see what route they want to go. But we all played our butt off in the preseason and in the two-a-days. We all felt like the best people were going to win the job, anyway."

At the very least, it appears the Bell has tolled on the Broncos' 2006 tailbacks. Tatum Bell wound up getting the starting job back by the season opener last year and finished with his first 1,000-yard season. A bad case of fumblitis and inconsistency, though, were among the reasons the Broncos sent Tatum Bell to the Detroit Lions, along with right tackle George Foster, in exchange for cornerback Dré Bly.

Mike Bell wound up having a solid rookie season as a backup, gaining 677 yards on 4.3 yards per carry with eight touchdowns. Bell, though, may have been Wally Pipp'ed if he wasn't Mike Bell'ed. Pipp was the New York Yankees' first baseman who once had a headache and was replaced by Lou Gehrig at first base. Gehrig played the next 2,130 consecutive games.

Bell suffered a left hip injury two weeks ago in the second preseason game against Dallas. When Henry and Hall also went down with leg injuries, the Broncos had no choice but to give Young a chance in the next exhibition against Cleveland.

Seventeen Young carries later, coach Mike Shanahan was gushing about the rookie's speed and pleased with the possibility he may have discovered another hidden tailback gem.

Shanahan's list of rare finds started with the sixth round of the 1995 draft, where he selected Terrell Davis, and includes Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns and, yes, Mike Bell.

Although, Bell hurried back from his hip injury about a week earlier than expected, it was too late to stop Young's quantum leap up the depth chart.

With Young promoted to backup tailback, the Broncos moved Sapp and Bell to fullback for the game against the Cardinals. They played in front of Hall and Young, who finished with 49 yards on 12 carries.

Bell finished with no carries but plenty of wonder about what his future holds.

For example, while Anthony Gonzalez is the Colts #3 WR, if Wayne or Harrison got hurt, Gonzo would not start lining up in one of their spots. Aaron Moorehead would.

That's where depth charts get tricky.

Rbs get tricky as well. Coaches may feel comfortable with a player as a backup to the starter. But when the starter goes down with an injury, that same backup may not be the first option for a replacement. There might be a more durable back that they plug in there instead.

I understand that a depth chart at WR is unpredictable...given various packages. All I want to know is whether the Huddle's depth charts are a compilation of the ones provided by the NFL teams, or are something that the Huddle creates for fantasy purposes. What's the answer?

I always assumed that the Huddle was providing me with an easy way to get all of the teams' depth charts in one convenient place. If not, I will have go to each team's official site to get that information.

It could very well be they knew what Jennings could do and didn't target him until the last game. Favre also has more chemistry with Jennings and they didn't rotate Jones into all the WR positions because he was fairly new. It's preseason so getting an accurate read on players is always a guessing game.

+1

Greg Jennings will continue to be the starter for the duration of the season.