[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Who: NSab

What:43 , Married many years. 4 children 2 in college , 2 in high school, Own my own Printing company ( 10 years now)

Where: Suburb of Philly

Why: Because I love Football, playing, coaching and Watching> i am an addict.

FF Bio: Down to 3 leagues now, started in '94, 2 Championships in my big $$ league, lots of runner ups ( loser in the bowl) in the money every year but my first, for my main league. Championship in 2 of 3 last year.

Been lurking at the Huddle since it was free.

Who: twiley; Rams fan & Saints Fan; fond of anything with hops, wheat, and barley in it

What: Creative Director and Partner who's too busy to come up with a creative login name

When: 29 yrs of age.

Where: St. Louis with a stop in New Orleans

Why: Because if I'm staring at the computer all day then my designers think I'm working.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing in a 12 owner league with a bunch of old fraternity brothers for the last 5 years. Each year we pick a destination city to hold the draft in and we live it up like kings for 4 days straight. We had the draft in San Diego two weeks ago and I'm still recovering. Placed in the top 4 for the last 5 years but just can't seem to win it all.

Picked up LT2 in the first with a 5th pick...yeah hard to believe.

Who: Apathy, although admittedly - I do care.

What: Accountant, investment banker...after 5 years I'm still not sure what I do.

When: 32 years old but with 7-week old at home, feeling much older right now.

Where: Born in the U.K., raised in CT, drawn to a GA peach!

Why: I'm too busy (and out of shape) to do any physical activity and you can only watch Body by Jake informercials so many times.

Fantasy Bio: Relative newcomer to FF, having played in a single local league for three years (one 1st place and two 2nd places) but you guys are teaching me a ton and I look forward to participating a lot more both on the board and in some other leagues.

Thanks all!

WHO: Chargerz (you can figure out why)

WHAT: doctor (Ob-Gyn)

WHEN: 54 years old

WHERE: San Diego (where else?)

WHY: Since my playing days in high school, I have LOVED football.

BIO: I've been in one FF league for 7 years, Huddler for 3, boards since a year ago, commissioner of my FF league and reigning champ.

• 5 months later...

Who: rhippens

What: land surveyor, husband, bears fan (probably not in that order...)

When: 24

Where: prescott, az, originally from pennsylvania

Why: i love sports, talking about sports, and am generally entertained by people who are nuts

Fantasy Bio: have done fantasy for about 10 years, football, baseball, basketball, hockey. been in a serious re-draft for 3 years. next year will be in 3 to 4 leagues, which i am worried about. i'm new to the huddle, found it this past season. after my experience this season, i am planning on being a huddler for quite a while. i appreciate the advice and conversation. thanks.

hippy

Who: Swampnuts (formerly Hawk Six a few years back)

What: Paramedic, aka "Fat Lady Taxi Driver"

When: Thirty wonderful years of poverty

Where: Western Montana, now the Sunny South of Charlotte, NC

Why/Bio: Die Hard Seattle Seahawks fan since conception, FF player for last 8 years, been to the bowl 6 times and only missed playoffs once (last year, my team was BAD baby). I didn't use the huddle much this past year and it cost me big. I was always a day late to the waiver and I had my worst year ever.

I'll be back strong next year! And if anyone in the NC area has an opening in their leagues, give me a yell.

who: dexterdew

what: practitioner of nepotism

when: thirty six years in a row

where: social and cultural vacuum of Fresno, CA the last two years, after 15 years in climate control san diego.

why: moved back to Fresno to be near Momma, Poppa, Big Bro, Niece and Nephew, and four Best Friends, one turned out to be mycurrent live-in girl friend... and a vocation change from restaurants to insurance/financial planning. plus it's way cheaper to live here. Oiler/Titan and Charger Fan. Fantasy Footballer for three years, always the playoffs, never the champion...kind of like the Eagles :D

Who: Darin (big mystery there), Bears fan by blood, Chargers fan by geography. F the ex-LA teams. We didn't want you, anyways. Don't come back, either.

What: Real Estate Development Consultant. Not married, but "spoken for". Ehh, this is me: http://profiles.myspace.com/users/6520147

When: 31 yrs of age. Although after Achilles Tendon repair surgery, I feel ancient.

Where: Born and raised in Orange County, California. Yeah, "The OC". 4 years of school at UC Santa Barbara. Couple of years up in the Bay Area. Back in Orange County now.

Why: Makes the day fly by. I'm a fantasy junkie, and this supplants my inability to manage my own fantasy site (which I attempted years back). I enjoy the emoticons far too much. B):D and :D are my personal favorites.

Fantasy Bio: Started out about 10 years ago with Fantasy Basketball. 9 years ago, I was approached by a work buddy who had an opening in a league that has been around for nearly 20 years. Now I'm in that league (Champ last season) as well as 2 others (one being an IDP league). I still do Fantasy Basketball, and have added Fantasy Baseball (Champ last season) to my repertoire. Given the amount of morons on ESPN, this isn't much to brag about, but I'm in the top 97% overall in all ESPN Fantasy Games. :D

:D Keep the thread alive! :yay:

Edit: B)

Edited by darin3

Guest dabears

Who: Dabears, loyal Bears fan for life

What: Accountant by day, love machine by night

When: 32, but sometimes 12, sometimes 21

Where: Central Illinois, home of the Fighting Illini

P-a-r-t-Why: Because I gotta!

Fantasy Bio: 2nd year playing online, won SB this year and best of all, bragging rights.

Just found the Huddle in the beginning of the season. Been reading posts almost every day since, there's a great group here. I cough up my 2 cents here and there. Been enjoying the Tailgate as of recent. Bunch of koo-koo's out there :D

WHO: Patriots :D I love making you clowns roll yer eyes...

WHAT: I manage a sports store outfitting Highschools and College's wit their gear

WHEN: 28

WHERE: Baton Rouge, Dirty South

Fantasy Bio: I whip er'y one's arss round here...and bout to bring it to the NVN league aswell... :D

I like to get drunk, hunt, smoke a lil' goodness er'y now and then, sport my wife out on the town which round here ain't much to do except watch dem Tigers kick arss on Saturday night. I love PS2 Madden and X-BOX Halo...other than that I just try to piss waterman and bushwacked off by spewing da truth.

WHO: Patriots  :D I love making you clowns roll yer eyes...

WHAT: I manage a sports store outfitting Highschools and College's wit their gear

Fantasy Bio: I whip er'y one's arss round here...and bout to bring it to the NVN league aswell... :D

I like to get drunk, hunt, smoke a lil' goodness er'y now and then, sport my wife out on the town which round here ain't much to do except watch dem Tigers kick arss on Saturday night. I love PS2 Madden and X-BOX Halo...other than that I just try to piss waterman and bushwacked off by spewing da truth.

684073[/snapback]

Get drunk? Hunt? In Louisiana? Nooooooooo...

:DB)

Got me a nice 11 point the other day...

684094[/snapback]

Atta boy. My girl's grampa hunts up at some camp northeast of BR. Forgot the name. What city did you say you were from again? I told you my girl went to HS at St. Joe's, ya? Same time that Warrick Dunn went to the Catholic boy's school next door (there, threw some football in). :D

Who: Dabears, loyal Bears fan for life

What: Accountant by day, love machine by night

When: 32, but sometimes 12, sometimes 21

Where: Central Illinois, home of the Fighting Illini

P-a-r-t-Why: Because I gotta!

Fantasy Bio: 2nd year playing online, won SB this year and best of all, bragging rights.

Just found the Huddle in the beginning of the season.  Been reading posts almost every day since, there's a great group here.  I cough up my 2 cents here and there.  Been enjoying the Tailgate as of recent.  Bunch of koo-koo's out there  :D

683827[/snapback]

No offense, babe, but are you a NEW DABEARS? The old one had a bad rep. Chavez, Big J.............help me out here.

Who : tbimm

What: Mechanic and Bartender on football sundays (because my buddy has the ticket at his bar)

When: Oct 10 1966

Where: The Big Easy via Chi-Town ( 2 great cities)

Why: My Bro turned me on to this site before this season started and thanks to fellow huddlers i made it to the big game this season!

FF bio: New to FF this is only my second season playing. The first pick of my first draft last season was all it took to get me hooked. I play in a family league that has brought my family, which is spread out all over the country, together again. If you think your league has trash talk just imagine a league with nothing but family members in it. I also play in a local money league which is the one i made the final in this season. I am looking forward to the Republican versus Democrat league next season!

Who : Beaumont

What: Lawyer

When: Oct 24 19669

Where: Beaumont, Texas (near the Gulf and the LA border)

Why: Been lurking since it was free. Great advice. Now I am addicted to the Tailgate.

FF bio: Play in only one league recently, a relatively big money TD only redraft league with a bunch of greeks. Have for about 8 years. I also am looking forward to the Republican versus Democrat league next season! Go Dems!

WHO: Patriots  :D I love making you clowns roll yer eyes...

684073[/snapback]

Atta boy.  My girl's grampa hunts up at some camp northeast of BR.  Forgot the name.  What city did you say you were from again?  I told you my girl went to HS at St. Joe's, ya?  Same time that Warrick Dunn went to the Catholic boy's school next door (there, threw some football in).  B)

684120[/snapback]

Mrs. skins is a Tiger. She says you guys are a couple of newbies.

No offense, babe, but are you a NEW DABEARS?  The old one had a bad rep.  Chavez, Big J.............help me out here.

684131[/snapback]

:D The other created a name DaBears34, then all the posts of the old name were purged out, thus the old account being purged out, thus becoming available again.

WHO: hotrod....DIEHARD and SAD Cowboy Fan.....

WHAT: Fantasy Football Nut

WHEN: 37

WHERE: Virginia

WHY: Live, Breath and Sleep Fantasy Football

FANTASY BIO: Playing Fantasy Football for 4 years, Keeper League, been

to 3 straight Super Bowls,won 2 Straight....Been Huddler for 2+ years....

Who: Whomper

What: Cowboys fan

When: 33

Where: New Jersey

Why: a Friend told me about it and Ive been hooked ever since

Fantasy Bio In 2 leagues .1 main league ive been commissioner for 4 years.I won that league once.Im 1-4 in superbowls.

Edited by whomper