[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad beat ...

Grits and Shins

Yup... you push hoping to take it down, but knowing that if you get called you are probably a slight favorite. THe first limper is the only person to really be scared of at this point (assuming he is a competent player, I am always wary of a first position limper). THe second limper would have a much wider range of hands. I say push, an if you get called hope iot is an underpair but expect to see something more like a high ace or KQ and hope you win the race.

I went all in.

Big stack calls me for almost half his stack. He has suited 8-9. Board flops 9-9-3. That was all she wrote.

Why would someone call 1100 chips with a suited 8,9. It seems they were first position, so they had only 200 chips at risk before the all in by you. I hate lucky ass no skill players like that. They certainly took a huge risk...too high of a price for the odds in my book.

I went all in.

Big stack calls me for almost half his stack. He has suited 8-9. Board flops 9-9-3. That was all she wrote.

You made way the right decision and got it in GREAT. Well played. :D

Of course, the results sucked, but that's out of our control.

. . . playing in tourney, down to two tables, and I am the small stack at my table. Get pocket aces. Go all in. Big stack calls me. He has suited 10, J. Flop is 10, 10, J. Good night.

You see, now there you should have folded pre-flop. C'mon man. . you gotta think these things through!

:D

Why would someone call 1100 chips with a suited 8,9. It seems they were first position, so they had only 200 chips at risk before the all in by you. I hate lucky ass no skill players like that. They certainly took a huge risk...too high of a price for the odds in my book.

Well, he was getting 2 to 1 on his money, about the right price for the hand Grits had (an overpair), and definitely the right price if grits had 2 overs or an underpair.

So, I don't fault the call if he were closing the action, but with 2 EP limpers still to act (we havent been told their stack sizes), he may well be risking a lot more of his stack.

. . . playing in tourney, down to two tables, and I am the small stack at my table. Get pocket aces. Go all in. Big stack calls me. He has suited 10, J. Flop is 10, 10, J. Good night.

Suited 10, J is my fave hand...because, you know, it's sooted.