[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charlie Frye traded to the Giants?

Fantasy Jesus

Here is all I can find.

WTAM 1100, the Browns' flagship station, is reporting that Charlie Frye will be traded or released this week.

From starter to deposed in two days. The Browns are probably doing Frye a favor at this point by giving him a fresh start. Atlanta, Minnesota, Tampa, and Kansas City all make sense as possible destinations. Derek Anderson looks like the favorite to start in Cleveland until Brady Quinn is ready. Sep. 11 - 12:19 pm et

Source: WTAM.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...FL&hl=97937

Edited by fpuma

Conflicting reports on Manning/Osi

Posted by Mike Garafolo September 10, 2007 6:39PM

Categories: Regular Season

Yes, ESPN is reporting Eli Manning will be out for a month with a separated shoulder.

Yes, the Giants are saying it's a bruise of the AC joint and a day-to-day injury.

No, I don't know if Manning is going to play this weekend.

Yes, I'm admitting I have no clue at this point because I don't know what to believe.

Yes, Osi Umenyiora has suffered a meniscus injury.

Yes, I'm sticking by my report that it's going to be a few weeks Umenyiora, even though the Giants are also listing him as day-to-day.

Yes, the Giants' secondary is still bad.

Yes, the team signed DT Russell Davis day.

Yes, they re-signed WR Kevin McMahan to the practice squad.

No, I did not have a good flight home from Dallas.

Yes, there will be more updates to come in the next few days.

No, I will not keep this attitude up the whole time.

And before I go, yes, I am deeply, deeply, deeply sorry for the MCL/meniscus mix-up. My source got the wrong "M," though the time frame remains 4-6 weeks in my book.

MG

this is from Garafolo's blog, who is usually pretty up to date with Giants news...but that doesnt mean this story is true. I know most people arnt fans of J-Load...but why would you carry a QB as your number 2 for two years if you are going to trade for one as soon as your QB1 goes down. Would the Colts laugh at the notion of Sorgi starting if Peyton went down? dont think he has started a meaningful game in his career either. The way I look at it, every QB needs his first start sometime. I think Lorenzen could be servicable until manning gets back.

Charlie Frye - Traded or Cut, He'll Soon Be Gone

Submitted by Eugmc on September 11, 2007 - 11:40am. Local News News Sports

According to local radio station WTAM, Charlie Frye may have thrown his last pass for his hometown Cleveland Browns. The quarterback, who starred at Akron and was a 3rd round draft pick, is in the process of being traded. According to the station, the Browns are now trying to trade him, and if that can't get done, he'll be cut from the team.

The Atlanta Falcons are rumored to be a possible recipient of the QB. This would make sense because many believe that Frye is more of a West Coast offense QB, and they brought in a coach (Bobby Petrino) to run that offense with Michael Vick before legal troubles suspended the quarterback.

The Browns are hoping to use the roster space that would open up with Frye's departure to clear way for Ken Dorsey, who is looked at as a mentor for young Brady Quinn. It looks like Quinn will be starting sometime very soon, although Dorsey may get the nod this week against the Cincinnati Bengals.

found this on Google news...likely where the "to the Giants" rumors started, or it could of been a sports personality saying the Giants should trade for him. I think its highly unlikely and hope its not the case.

this is from Garafolo's blog, who is usually pretty up to date with Giants news...but that doesnt mean this story is true. I know most people arnt fans of J-Load...but why would you carry a QB as your number 2 for two years if you are going to trade for one as soon as your QB1 goes down. Would the Colts laugh at the notion of Sorgi starting if Peyton went down? dont think he has started a meaningful game in his career either. The way I look at it, every QB needs his first start sometime. I think Lorenzen could be servicable until manning gets back.

This is probably just a move for depth...there's no way Frye walks in the door this week and starts on Sunday.

NY radio probably picked up on this earlier:

NO FRYE TRADE YET

WTAM has altered its report regarding Browns quarterback Charlie Frye. Earlier in the day, WTAM reported that Frye has been traded to an unnamed team. Now, WTAM reports that the Browns are merely trying to trade Frye.

Per the new report, Frye will be cut if he's not traded.

The speed with which Frye has gone from starter to reject highlights, in our view, the pressure that coach Romeo Crennel and G.M. Phil Savage are facing. Frye didn't even get a full half to prove himself.

Our guess is that the Browns initially floated the "Charlie is already traded" story in the hopes of smoking an interested suitor out of the weeds. Apparently, it didn't work.

Frye, a third-round draft pick in 2005, generated plenty of hype as a rookie. But his performance never matched the perceived potential.

He is signed through 2008, at salaries of $435,000 in 2007 and $465,000 in 2008. Since he is not a vested veteran, he can be released without the Browns potentially owing him the rest of his 2007 base pay.

profootballtalk.com

NY radio probably picked up on this earlier:

NO FRYE TRADE YET

WTAM has altered its report regarding Browns quarterback Charlie Frye. Earlier in the day, WTAM reported that Frye has been traded to an unnamed team. Now, WTAM reports that the Browns are merely trying to trade Frye.

Per the new report, Frye will be cut if he's not traded.

The speed with which Frye has gone from starter to reject highlights, in our view, the pressure that coach Romeo Crennel and G.M. Phil Savage are facing. Frye didn't even get a full half to prove himself.

Our guess is that the Browns initially floated the "Charlie is already traded" story in the hopes of smoking an interested suitor out of the weeds. Apparently, it didn't work.

Frye, a third-round draft pick in 2005, generated plenty of hype as a rookie. But his performance never matched the perceived potential.

He is signed through 2008, at salaries of $435,000 in 2007 and $465,000 in 2008. Since he is not a vested veteran, he can be released without the Browns potentially owing him the rest of his 2007 base pay.

profootballtalk.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7214446

This article says Seattle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7214446

This article says Seattle.

They are discussing it here in Seattle on KJR radio. The speculation is that Frye would back up Hass, leaving Seneca Wallace available as a receiver in Hackett's absence.

Also, SEA DE Bryce Fisher has been traded to the Titans for an undisclosed draft pick, ostensibly to free up the cap room for Frye.

No word yet on whether the pick acquired from TEN in the trade will go to CLE.

Edited by Bonehand

speculation all off season amongst my circle was that Dorsey would be kept to hold the clipboard and Anderson would be the starter. Letting Dorsey go and keeping Frye, then STARTING Frye gave us shivers. Romeo sure can't judge talent.

I just saws this on my local's site. Reading the above post I have no idea how accurate it is.

Sep 11 2007 12:59PM

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have traded QB Charlie Frye to the Seattle Seahawks. Terms of the deal are not yet known.

Fantasy Impact: Interesting. Frye had fallen out of favor in a hurry. A move to the Seahawks doesn't help his fantasy value, but gives the Seahawks a big upgrade at their backup spot.

I just saws this on my local's site. Reading the above post I have no idea how accurate it is.

Glazer doesn't miss much, he's going to Seattle - Bryce Fisher was traded to Titans to free up the roster space. Wallace will now move to WR sooner than later with Hackett out. He won't be starting, but he'll easily be the 4th WR.

Makes sense for Seattle - Frye would play if Hassel went down during a game....he's mobile enough he could create some plays without having total grasp of the offense. Wallace would then start the following game if Matt was still out (something to do with the helmut rule etc)

Glazer doesn't miss much, he's going to Seattle - Bryce Fisher was traded to Titans to free up the roster space. Wallace will now move to WR sooner than later with Hackett out. He won't be starting, but he'll easily be the 4th WR.

Wallace is a QB. He's been a QB since he was a freshman in college. They aren't just going to stick him at WR and have him produce. Jeezus Chrimany, the guy catches one pass two years ago and everyone thinks he's Kordell Stewart.

Wallace is a QB. He's been a QB since he was a freshman in college. They aren't just going to stick him at WR and have him produce. Jeezus Chrimany, the guy catches one pass two years ago and everyone thinks he's Kordell Stewart.

Actually, PFT has been reporting this for weeks, that Holmgren thinks Wallace is too talented of an athlete to not be on the field--but if he's stuck as the primary backup he'll be locked away in gameplanning when the WRs are out working in drills. This way, he can prepare during the week as a WR, and if Hass goes down Frye finishes the game. But if Hass is out for multiple weeks, Wallace is the starter.

Peace

policy

Actually, PFT has been reporting this for weeks, that Holmgren thinks Wallace is too talented of an athlete to not be on the field--but if he's stuck as the primary backup he'll be locked away in gameplanning when the WRs are out working in drills. This way, he can prepare during the week as a WR, and if Hass goes down Frye finishes the game. But if Hass is out for multiple weeks, Wallace is the starter.

PFT has been reporting it for weeks? It's been a constant theme of discussion for years in these parts. The fact of the matter is that other than a pass reception for a first down in the NFC Championship game year before last, Wallace has never caught a football, he's never returned a kick, but people seem to think the Seahawks have some kind of magic weapon.

Fact is that he's a backup NFL QB that happens to be very athletic (and smallish on the QB side). Will he line up as a slot or wideout in a given situation now? Maybe, sure. Ben Obomanu is the #4 WR now and will get many many more looks than Wallace will.

Peace

policy

Another example of a talented player that needs to be more involved.....Brad Smith.

PFT has been reporting it for weeks? It's been a constant theme of discussion for years in these parts.

No, I mean that PFT has been reporting that the Seahawks have been actively scouring the waiver wire and working the phones trying to pull the trigger on a QB with some real starting experience, specifically to free up Wallace from the week-to-week grind of preparing as the primary backup QB for the week, specifically to work into the rest of the offense.

I'm not talking about idle "what if" chatter, but several reports and mentions that the 'Hawks were going to do it shortly . . . and they did.

Peace

policy