[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deuce injured?

johnny sack

Saints | McAllister misses practice Wednesday

Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:37:48 -0700

New Orleans Saints RB Deuce McAllister (knee) did not participate in practice Wednesday, Sept. 19, and is considered questionable for Week 3.

Per KFFL.

Edited by darin3

from rotoworld:

Deuce McAllister (knee) sat out Saints practice Wednesday, but coach Sean Payton says he believes McAllister "should be fine."

"Just because of our extra day, I backed off of him and just had him sit," Payton said. McAllister's status for Week 3 doesn't appear to be in jeopardy.

from rotoworld:

Deuce McAllister (knee) sat out Saints practice Wednesday, but coach Sean Payton says he believes McAllister "should be fine."

"Just because of our extra day, I backed off of him and just had him sit," Payton said. McAllister's status for Week 3 doesn't appear to be in jeopardy.

That's the most recent word I've seen. Since they play Monday, they gave him an extra day of rest.

Assuming he's OK, the Saints need to give Deuce 20-25 carries. I think part of their problem is that they try to spread it around too much. They need a workhorse. I'd give Deuce 10 carries in the first quarter. If he can get a few yards early, it would loosen the defense up alot and all those other weapons would be much more valuable. They's be hanging 30 on most defenses. Just one man's opinion.

Assuming he's OK, the Saints need to give Deuce 20-25 carries. I think part of their problem is that they try to spread it around too much. They need a workhorse. I'd give Deuce 10 carries in the first quarter. If he can get a few yards early, it would loosen the defense up alot and all those other weapons would be much more valuable. They's be hanging 30 on most defenses. Just one man's opinion.

I think pounding Deuce more really is what needs to happen, but 20-25 times a game is about 360 carries... I think something around 270, or 15-17 carries and then mix in Reggie Bush with the leftovers...

But yes, Deuce is the key to getting everything rolling.

I think pounding Deuce more really is what needs to happen, but 20-25 times a game is about 360 carries... I think something around 270, or 15-17 carries and then mix in Reggie Bush with the leftovers...

But yes, Deuce is the key to getting everything rolling.

15-17 was his average last year so that's more like it.

One caveat was that 67% of his '06 carries came when the Saints were either tied or leading in a game... the Saints haven't been tied or ahead for too long these first 2 weeks. Deuce's carries have been even when behind or ahead (10 and 10). For Deuce's 10 carries when behind, he's posted a nice 4.9 ypc.

The real boneheaded move though is when Bush gets his carries. Of Bush's 22 carries this season, 15 have come when playing from behind for a horrible 2.7 ypc. Bush has had only 1 rush attempt when the Saints were ahead.

The only logic I can see where Bush should get more carries when behind is Payton believes Bush has the best chance of springing a long run to get them back in the game. But given Bush's ypc this is only compounding the Saints' offensive woes.

Edited by kingfish247

One other thing to note: Last week during the Tampa game Deuce's helmet came loose & bruised the bone around his eye, then later in the game he was poked in the same eye. Afterward a CT scan & MRI was done & an old fracture to the orbital bone was found. It won't affect him physically, but he will be made to wear a visor this week.

This is precisely why they are resting him IMO. I heard Brees earlier in the week stating how they are getting back to basics and simplifying things. They are all just trying to make the big play and its not working. Me thinks this means they want to pound it this week to see if that will help them open it up.

Since this was in question and not as serious at the title implied, I added a "?" to it.

Grammar police??? I think I saw Yukon running around here somewhere, maybe you should just run him in now for 'questioning'...or better yet, may I suggest you use your 'night stick' officer :D

Also has an injured/bruised eye with a sore knee

Deuce McAllister is expected to wear a visor on his helmet to protect his injured left eye.

McAllister's eye was bruised and poked Sunday and he also has a sore knee, but every indication is that he'll play in Week 3. An MRI and CT scan on the eye reportedly showed no significant damage, although McAllister said Wednesday that he "ain't crazy about" wearing a visor.

Also has an injured/bruised eye with a sore knee

Deuce McAllister is expected to wear a visor on his helmet to protect his injured left eye.

McAllister's eye was bruised and poked Sunday and he also has a sore knee, but every indication is that he'll play in Week 3. An MRI and CT scan on the eye reportedly showed no significant damage, although McAllister said Wednesday that he "ain't crazy about" wearing a visor.

Three posts up :D

One other thing to note: Last week during the Tampa game Deuce's helmet came loose & bruised the bone around his eye, then later in the game he was poked in the same eye. Afterward a CT scan & MRI was done & an old fracture to the orbital bone was found. It won't affect him physically, but he will be made to wear a visor this week.