[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Griese to start

Randall

Grossman kept defenders back. Cedric just has no vision whatsoever. Griese doesn't have the arm Rex does. As bad as Rex has been, Cedric hasn't been any better at RB.

Moose's problem isn't Rex. It's that he can't get seperation.

My Bears's issues run far beyond Rex at this point. IMHO We're looking at no better than a 9-7 season. I'd be surprised if we beat the Lions this weekend. We don't have the guys to cover their WR's.

I think you are slighting Vasher and Tillman. They are great cornerbacks who did all they could last week but were tired from being on the field so much. These two have the most INT's in the last threes of any duo in the league.

Roy Williams is the guy that scares me. What's the deal with CJ, is he out? No word about Vasher but that is a HUGE loss. Manning cannot be a starting CB anymore, he is best as a nickel.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this do for a guy like Berrian? I like the matchup, but didn't like the QB throwing to him. Does he return to early 2006 form?

What it means for BB is that the QB throwing to him has a decent chance of throwing more passes to him, than to the other team. :D

I think you are slighting Vasher and Tillman. They are great cornerbacks who did all they could last week but were tired from being on the field so much. These two have the most INT's in the last threes of any duo in the league.

Roy Williams is the guy that scares me. What's the deal with CJ, is he out? No word about Vasher but that is a HUGE loss. Manning cannot be a starting CB anymore, he is best as a nickel.

I'm presuming Vasher is out. Harris is definiltey out. (Briggs/Vasher in all likelihood)

Williams or Megatron will give Tillman fits. (Wouldn't be surprised if both ended up with 100+. Only reason they won't be is for Detroit's penchant for spreading the wealth to McDonald/Furrey.)

Archuletta might as well be an inactive this game as I expect the Lions to again use 4-WR sets frequently.

Why does everyone think Griese is more of a possession QB than other quarterbacks in the league? His career completion % and yards per attempt is in line with Brady, McNabb, Brees, Favre, Hasselback, Delhomme, etc. The only QBs with significantly higher yds/att are Manning, Palmer, and Romo. I'm not saying he is going to sling it all over the field, but I think to claim only TEs or possession WRs will benefit may be buying into the older veteran stereotype a bit too much. Probably the primary thing to be concerned about is that he hasn't seen significant time on the field in a few years. Against Detroit this week I think Berrian has a very good opportunity for a good game.

"Rex is my guy. Rex is my guy until the end," tight end Desmond Clark said. "He didn't have his greatest game (Sunday), but if you ask me Rex is my guy."

Awww how cute :D I think someone needs to put their mantasy crush aside and look at reality.

Grosse-man has gone to shambles and for CHIs sake, at least it happened EARLY in the season where they can turn it around.

I'd be surprised if we beat the Lions this weekend. We don't have the guys to cover their WR's.

amen to that. i wish i had McDonald....Duh Bears will double Williams which means

NOBODY will cover Mickey D...plus Kitna will throw till his arm falls off (and he has 2 more int's)

the only thing Duh Bears can do is stop (slow down) the run.....

Griese might not have the arm strength Grossman has, but if he can be more accurate, he can be more effective.

If he can manage to not turn the ball over three times a game, it'll be a step in the right direction.

I get the feeling that Lovie was planning on doing this for a while and didn't want Rex to face the Lions' wretched defense. It'd be a lot tougher to bench him after he throws for 300 yds and 4 TDs.

I just checked with my guy in Vegas. Here's what they have on Griese's first game ending injury:

Hand: 40-1

Pulled Muscle: 25-1

Ankle: 12-1

Knee: 8-1

Left Shoulder: 6-1

Neck: 4-1

Right Shoulder: 9-2

Head: 5-2

I think you are right. Griese and all the rest of the impatient Chicago fans will now find out how a quarterback who is "supposedly" better can do throwing off his a$$. I remember quite a few years back when we booed some guy named Jimmy Harbaugh out of town. I remember the fans begging for..who was it...Tomczak...to come in and replace him. Well, we got our wish....turns out Jim wasn't so bad of a QB after all...just ask Jim Mora. Turns out any quarterback who doesn't get the requisite amount of protection is gonna suck. Grossman is no different. It is a shame...he will make a pretty solid QB for some other team who can block.

I just checked with my guy in Vegas. Here's what they have on Griese's first game ending injury:

Hand: 40-1

Pulled Muscle: 25-1

Ankle: 12-1

Knee: 8-1

Left Shoulder: 6-1

Neck: 4-1

Right Shoulder: 9-2

Head: 5-2

The Bears offensive players are going to need more than 2 hands, because they'll need more than 8 fingers to point at each other.

:D

At least you are taking it well.

I hope Rex turns himself around for the bears fans sake.

Griese will probably come out and play really well this week. Then as team see him play, his production will drop off each week. The problem with Griese is that he can run a play as good as anyone. However, if he needs to make something happen, or the play breaks down he's done. He's a complete system guy that can't improvise to make things happen. After watching him in Denver, Chicago fans will not be fans of Griese much longer. You will be as frustrated as we were with him.

I think you are right. Griese and all the rest of the impatient Chicago fans will now find out how a quarterback who is "supposedly" better can do throwing off his a$$. I remember quite a few years back when we booed some guy named Jimmy Harbaugh out of town. I remember the fans begging for..who was it...Tomczak...to come in and replace him. Well, we got our wish....turns out Jim wasn't so bad of a QB after all...just ask Jim Mora. Turns out any quarterback who doesn't get the requisite amount of protection is gonna suck. Grossman is no different. It is a shame...he will make a pretty solid QB for some other team who can block.

Uh, the Bears O-line was pass-blocking just fine on Sunday night.

No doubt that Rex needs a change of scenery, but I don't see how he's any different than Joey Harrington or David Carr. Dude just makes WAY too many bone-headed mistakes.

Uh, the Bears O-line was pass-blocking just fine on Sunday night.

No doubt that Rex needs a change of scenery, but I don't see how he's any different than Joey Harrington or David Carr. Dude just makes WAY too many bone-headed mistakes.

I will agree with you for the first half. They pass blocked well for the first half. The second half was a totally different story. In the first half Grossman had one pick...and that was Mushin's fault for quiting on the route. He also had a pass for a touchdown...presumably....dropped by Berrian. Now, the line cannot run block for crap...I know cause I have Benson as a RB#2 in my local...and when they got down by ten points he started pressing and made a BAD decision on the pick for a TD. I hope he goes to Minnesota and kicks the Bears arse regularly.

With both CBs out, I may have to start Shaun McDonald.

In my local I will be starting both Shaun McDonald AND Roy Williams

In C&I I will be starting Roy Williams

In FOFF I may start Shaun McDonald ...still deciding

In Hannibals it is unlikely that I will start Shaun McDonald with my other options ... but he is under mild consideration

In CORE I wish had Shaun McDonald to start

Edited by Grits and Shins

Impatient my ass. Grossman hasn't resembled a professional QB since the Seattle game last October. And Harbaugh sucked here.