[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Assuming the Vikings...

alexgaddis

go on to win less than 6 games this year, which is looking extremely likely at this point, does Childress get canned? That would be two straight years of going backwards in the number of victories. Is the ownership committed to him to the extent they would give him a third year? I don't think I can take much more of this offense...I know you need players, but the coaching staff just doesn't seem to be NFL caliber...

I don't know how you can him if you haven't given him an opportunity to succeed by not getting him a QB.

But he is the one who has chosen his trio of lame QBs. Childress had every opportunity to go after a decent veteran QB in the off-season (whether via Free Agency or Trades) and he made the coaching decision not to do so. That was just one example of a very poor decision on his part.

I don't have a good read on how Wilf will respond to a losing season. So far he seems to be on board with giving Chilress another year to rebuild after this season. I don't think we can come up with a definitive answer to this question... but when you struggle to fill up a stadium for only 8 weeks a year, that tends to get an owner's attention.

But he is the one who has chosen his trio of lame QBs. Childress had every opportunity to go after a decent veteran QB in the off-season (whether via Free Agency or Trades) and he made the coaching decision not to do so. That was just one example of a very poor decision on his part.

I don't have a good read on how Wilf will respond to a losing season. So far he seems to be on board with giving Chilress another year to rebuild after this season. I don't think we can come up with a definitive answer to this question... but when you struggle to fill up a stadium for only 8 weeks a year, that tends to get an owner's attention.

Especially when you're trying to get a new stadium built.

I am worried that the longer leash Chilly gets the longer he tries to mold TJax into a starting QB...I don't care what kind of raw talent a guy has, he has to be a leader and he has to be intelligent in his decision making abilities to succeed in the NFL...I haven't seen either so far out of Jackson...so if the Vikes end up with a bottom 3-4 record and get a chance to take a can't miss QB of the future, are they going to pass on thinking they have their guy in TJ? This franchise could be set back another 5 years if they are wrong...

I am worried that the longer leash Chilly gets the longer he tries to mold TJax into a starting QB...I don't care what kind of raw talent a guy has, he has to be a leader and he has to be intelligent in his decision making abilities to succeed in the NFL...I haven't seen either so far out of Jackson...so if the Vikes end up with a bottom 3-4 record and get a chance to take a can't miss QB of the future, are they going to pass on thinking they have their guy in TJ? This franchise could be set back another 5 years if they are wrong...

racist

all kidding aside, this is the second time we let the right guy leave, first time being Dungy of course and now Tomlin...now we are stuck with a stubborn as hell coach that can't relate to his players or adapt to the flow of the game...

Despite yesterday's loss, thank you for letting Tomlin go........ :D

Despite yesterday's loss, thank you for letting Tomlin go........ :D

I hated to see Tomlin go, but at this point I'm not so sure they've skipped much of a beat with Frazier in there. You can return the favor by sending us Cowher next year.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I hated to see Tomlin go, but at this point I'm not so sure they've skipped much of a beat with Frazier in there. You can return the favor by sending us Cowher next year.

I'd be just fine with Cowher going to the Vikings. I would much prefer that, than to an AFC team.

Yeah but who else is there? Brad Johnson, David Carr (he passsed), Brady Quinn. I don'y think he has had an oppurtunity to get a good QB. Who else was available?

What about Garcia. The single most under-appreciated QB in recent history.

What about Garcia. The single most under-appreciated QB in recent history.

The Vikes might be 3-1 this year with Garcia, assuming Chilly didn't screw that up as well, and could have Tarvaris learn 1 more year before he started, which it looks like he needs badly...

The biggest...and I mean biggest...thing they need to do is get rid of that fat tub of goo at left tackle. Until that happens, doesnt matter who the coach is, or who the QB is. Only thing that matters is whoever the QB is, he's going to keep getting killed until that fatass Mckinnie is replaced!!!!!!!