[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vitamins and suppliments

whomper

I went into the Health store / Nutrition center friday and couldnt believe the amount of stuff they offered..The only thing I take is 1000 MG Vitamin E everyday. I get dry skin especially in the colder months so my Doctor said I should take it year round. What do you take ? Does everyone go traditional (E,C,Multi etc) or are any of you getting results with the non traditional stuff ? (shark cartledge etc)

I went into the Health store / Nutrition center friday and couldnt believe the amount of stuff they offered..The only thing I take is 1000 MG Vitamin E everyday. I get dry skin especially in the colder months so my Doctor said I should take it year round. What do you take ? Does everyone go traditional (E,C,Multi etc) or are any of you getting results with the non traditional stuff ? (shark cartledge etc)

I don't worry about dry skin because I have a naturally beautiful complexion.

I have started taking fish oil capsules with the Omega 3s and grinding up flax seeds to throw on my yogurt as these two substances are believed to lower cholesterol (mine is at 196, although my both by "bad" and "good" cholesterol are in good ranges). I'm also cutting back on carbs and alcohol (mon-thurs) because by triglycerides are at 220. I eat (ate) lots of pasta, potatoes, and breads, which turn to sugars in the body.

One-a-Day Men's Formula

1000-1200 mg of Omega-3 fish oil x2 per day

600mg of red rice yeast x2 per day

The last due are due to high cholestrol and a fatty liver per my doctor's orders. I think the next step is to go on some sort of cholestrol medicine.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I don't worry about dry skin because I have a naturally beautiful complexion.

I have started taking fish oil capsules with the Omega 3s and grinding up flax seeds to throw on my yogurt as these two substances are believed to lower cholesterol (mine is at 196, although my both by "bad" and "good" cholesterol are in good ranges). I'm also cutting back on carbs and alcohol (mon-thurs) because by triglycerides are at 220. I eat (ate) lots of pasta, potatoes, and breads, which turn to sugars in the body.

I've heard about the flaxseed thing....

I have to see how much it costs..

Big on the omega fish oil ...have read up that it is very effective for keeping cholesterol down , good for keeping anxiety and depression down and good if you ever want to purposely throw up as all you need to do is bite into a capsule ...tastes like bad fish at low tide

But really overall its supposed to be really healthy

Big on the omega fish oil ...have read up that it is very effective for keeping cholesterol down , good for keeping anxiety and depression down and good if you ever want to purposely throw up as all you need to do is bite into a capsule ...tastes like bad fish at low tide

But really overall its supposed to be really healthy

is the capsul better than the oil?....

I originally heard Flaxseed Oil...

which tastes worse?

I hda to edit because I wasn't specific enough...also is there anything other than yogurt that's worth having with it?....

Edited by Avernus

is the capsul better than the oil?....

I originally heard Flaxseed Oil...

which tastes worse?

I hda to edit because I wasn't specific enough...also is there anything other than yogurt that's worth having with it?....

when i was researching it the best product i could find for purity and potency was Nordicnaturals ..link below ..its capsule form

My fish oil

Flaxseed and Fish Oil provide different essential fatty acids, so supplementing with both is not a bad idea. If you eat fish regularly, you may not need the fish oil supplement.

I take a multi-vitamin, occassionally add extra Vitamin C, glucosamine/chondroitin to help with sore ankles from injuries playing basketball many years ago, protein (whey and casein, depending on purpose) and creatine, inaddition to the flaxseed and fish oil capsules. Admittedly I have not been good lately maintaining my supplement regimen, but, when being good that is what I supplement with.

Flaxseed and Fish Oil provide different essential fatty acids, so supplementing with both is not a bad idea. If you eat fish regularly, you may not need the fish oil supplement.

I take a multi-vitamin, occassionally add extra Vitamin C, glucosamine/chondroitin to help with sore ankles from injuries playing basketball many years ago, protein (whey and casein, depending on purpose) and creatine, inaddition to the flaxseed and fish oil capsules. Admittedly I have not been good lately maintaining my supplement regimen, but, when being good that is what I supplement with.

Men need to stay away from Flaxseed oil. It along with Soy and some others increase the production of estrogen. Which in the long run will make you fatter and I guess MORE women like...lol...Fish oil is the best. Spend the money for the good gel caps. They will not leave a bad taste when burp as well. Any Omega 3/6 needs to be in the right ratio as well. I take a multi. I also take a few others but I use them b/c I lift weights daily.

For training: Effervestent Creatine with B-12 and Vitamin C is great along with AKG. But I think Fish oil studies are showing it volumizes your vessels better the AKG...who knows for now. Dextrose with Whey protein(WPI) post work out and a nice seving of Casein protein before bed.

Big Country I am not trying to address you directly....just quoted you b/c of the Flax.

Men need to stay away from Flaxseed oil. It along with Soy and some others increase the production of estrogen. Which in the long run will make you fatter and I guess MORE women like...lol...Fish oil is the best. Spend the money for the good gel caps. They will not leave a bad taste when burp as well. Any Omega 3/6 needs to be in the right ratio as well. I take a multi. I also take a few others but I use them b/c I lift weights daily.

For training: Effervestent Creatine with B-12 and Vitamin C is great along with AKG. But I think Fish oil studies are showing it volumizes your vessels better the AKG...who knows for now. Dextrose with Whey protein(WPI) post work out and a nice seving of Casein protein before bed.

Big Country I am not trying to address you directly....just quoted you b/c of the Flax.

I knew about the soy in large quantities (ie making it your primary protein source), but have never heard this about flaxseed. Do you have any documentation to back this up, as just about every major bodybuilding and general fitness magazine, website, enthusiast etc. reccomend the inclusion of flaxseed in their programs.

I am a novice in this area. I went to the website and I'm confused. Which one do you take, why...help me learn. I will sit at your feet as you dispense wisdom.

Brother Unta , this is the one i use as it has higher levels of EPA and DHA as compared to other nordic products ...both of which apparently have been found to be quite effective for depression and anxiety and ofcourse really good at reducing cholesterol . Lastly for general well being ..just dont bite the capsule ...its not pretty

This One

Edited by isleseeya

I knew about the soy in large quantities (ie making it your primary protein source), but have never heard this about flaxseed. Do you have any documentation to back this up, as just about every major bodybuilding and general fitness magazine, website, enthusiast etc. reccomend the inclusion of flaxseed in their programs.

i have never heard about increase in estrogen ...and if you look up multiple Flax seed oil websites , even the ones that are negative or refute the positive effects of flax seed oil , i have not seen anything on increases in estrogen or weight gain