[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to cut McNabb?

rai

I have lost faith in the Eagles and specificlly McNabb as a top QB in fantasy Football.

He has one good game 381 yards and 4 TDs in one game against Det

His 5 other games combined he has 1066 pass yards and 3 TDs thats average 213 pass yards and .6 TDs per game.

I know he's got some potential, but he looks like a shadow of his former self.

Perhaps you should check the stats from prior years...or even last year through Week 9, when he was leading all QBs in FF point production....or give us your definition of "elite".

Someone who doesn't throw bounce passes and doesn't lose TO as a WR. :D

this year 2 games he's been shut-out (no TDs). It's hard to have any confidence when after the 4 TD Detroit game he gets sacked 12 times in one game and no TDs.

Last year he was the top QB (#1 QB) in points per game average 10 starts.

Last year average: 264 yards 1.8 TD (21 rush yards) 0.3 rush TDs (total yards 288/game 2.1 TD/game)

This year average 241 yards 1.1 TD (9 rush yards/game 0 rush TDs (total 250/game 1.1 TD/game)

Lets put it this way both Jake Delhomme (3 games) and Griese (4 games) have more TDs than McNabb

Edited by rai

Your comment was "he never was an elite QB" and that statement is completely incorrect. Now take it back before McNabb's mom has to open up a can of Chunkie Whoop Ass Soup on you.

Edited by irish

He didn't have TO last year, and led the league in QB FF points for the first two months of the year.

If you want to argue he isn't an elite QB this year, you have some valid points...though he is still better than options such as Bulger, Edwards, Carr, Lemons, Huard, Griese, Smith, Rivers, Schaub, Harrington, Pennington, Jackson, Boller/McNair, Clulpepper, Cutler, Young, and Campbell...and on par with Hasselback, Garcia, Kitna, Brees, and Garrard.

I'd put the following ahead of him at this point: Brady, Manning, Romo, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Warner, Favre & Alexander. If you can cut McNabb and pick up one of these 8 QBs, do it.

But to say he was NEVER an elite QB makes you sound rather fooish.

However, there is one caveat to consider: Mcnabb may not be starting (or playing a full 60 minutes) if the Eagles fall out of the hunt.

Rumors are circulating here that once the Eagles fall out of contention in the NFC (they'd need to go 7-3 to be a 9-7 team, and they have some serious tiebreaker issues having lost to GB and CHI...they could be eliminated earlyish), they will get both Feely and rookie Kolb some gametime action, for two reasons:

1. Get Kolb some seasoning so as to compete for the job next year should McNabb be traded, and Feely some action if he needs to start for a season before Kolb is ready;

2. Keep McNabb healthy so they can trade him...having him get hurt in a meaningless Week 14 game would be disastrous to his offseason trade value.

Mcnabb should continue to start for the foreseeable future, but beware what possibly lies ahead for later in the season (and at FF playoff time).

I'd put the following ahead of him at this point: Brady, Manning, Romo, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Warner, Favre & Alexander. If you can cut McNabb and pick up one of these 8 QBs, do it.

thanks, I got Big Ben off the Wire drop McNabb

My league is odd since it's just 8 teams and we have very small reserves, there are always good guys showing up on the wire.

rai, although I can certainly see the interest in starting Big Ben against the Bengals this week, but personally I can't see dropping McNabb THIS week, since he's facing the Vikings pass defense which is allowing an average of 282.5 YPG. If there's ever a game which could provide opportunity for a good stats performance for McNabb, it could be this week.

I will go on to embarrass myself completely by noting that I was happy to take McNabb on two teams, thinking he would probably post numbers somewhat similar to Brady this season....

:D

However, there is one caveat to consider: Mcnabb may not be starting (or playing a full 60 minutes) if the Eagles fall out of the hunt.

Rumors are circulating here that once the Eagles fall out of contention in the NFC (they'd need to go 7-3 to be a 9-7 team, and they have some serious tiebreaker issues having lost to GB and CHI...they could be eliminated earlyish), they will get both Feely and rookie Kolb some gametime action, for two reasons:

1. Get Kolb some seasoning so as to compete for the job next year should McNabb be traded, and Feely some action if he needs to start for a season before Kolb is ready;

2. Keep McNabb healthy so they can trade him...having him get hurt in a meaningless Week 14 game would be disastrous to his offseason trade value.

Mcnabb should continue to start for the foreseeable future, but beware what possibly lies ahead for later in the season (and at FF playoff time).

Do you have a real source or just WIP and speculation?

Do you have a real source or just WIP and speculation?

Nope, just the media, which are alot more in touch with the team than I am. Which is why I pre-empted my post with the fact that it was just a rumor.

But it certainly is a possibility that would make an awful lot of sense, wouldn't you agree? I posted it because Huddlers from other parts of the country may not even be thinking that there is chance McNabb could be rested/preserved down the stretch. I just wanted to alert them that the idea is being discussed locally by newspapers and talk shows, so it shouldn't come as any surprise if there is fire where there is smoke.

Can you think of one good reason why the Eagles would continue to play McNabb 100% of every game if the team is 3-9 and a raw rookie in need of some game experience is on the sideline?

If I was a playoff-bound fantasy owner depending on McNabb in Weeks 13-16, I'd have a contingency plan.

I have lost faith in the Eagles and specificlly McNabb as a top QB in fantasy Football.

He has one good game 381 yards and 4 TDs in one game against Det

His 5 other games combined he has 1066 pass yards and 3 TDs thats average 213 pass yards and .6 TDs per game.

I know he's got some potential, but he looks like a shadow of his former self.

replacing his sorry ass with Derek Anderson startng this week.

At the very least, I'd try to trade him rather than just cutting him and getting nothing in return. You might not get a whole lot, but McNabb does have a significant track record, he plays in an extremely pass-happy offense and, as someone already mentioned, his upside on any given Sunday is high.