[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reason #1,238 to love Steve Smith

msaint

Rotoworld: In the locker room Wednesday, Dwayne Jarrett was speaking with reporters. Steve Smith approached the interview and asked Jarrett "Instead of talking to the media, why don't you go watch some film?" Jarrett at first laughed, then Smith followed up by saying "Seriously," in a strong tone. Jarrett has been active for one game in his rookie year. It's not a good sign that he can't pass Keary Colbert, who has struggled as a starter.

I love this guy. :D:D Don't have him on one team, unfortunately (or fortunately, considering his QB's this year) but you gotta love the way he plays and thinks: no B.S.

Classic... you have to love a veteran laying the smackdown.

I :D everytime I think about Eddie Kennison sending Dwayne Bowe to Cracker Barrel for pecan pancakes.

The Rotoworld news bite would look almost exactly the same...

Rotoworld: In the locker room Wednesday, Dwayne Bowe was speaking with reporters. Eddie Kennison approached the interview and asked Bowe "Instead of talking to the media, why don't you go get me some pecan pancakes from Cracker Barrel?" Bowe at first laughed, then Kennison followed up by saying "Seriously," in a strong tone.
Edited by kingfish247

Classic... you have to love a veteran laying the smackdown.

I :D everytime I think about Eddie Kennison sending Dwayne Bowe to Cracker Barrel for pecan pancakes.

I absolutely LOVED that Hard Knocks show on HBO. If the NFL had those 'behind the scenes' 'mic'd up shows' on 24X7, I'd get nothing else done.

:wacko:

Maybe some other WRs can take some notes :D

It's amazing the effect a good team player can have on the younger guys.

During the Steelers-Bengals game, on Parker's biggest run, he bounced to the outside, 10 yards down the field, Hines Ward was holding his block, and 15 yards down the field, Santonio Holmes was doing the same. I remember one time they asked Plaxico Burress about the improvement in his blocking, and Plax said something to the affect of "I'm sick of getting yelled at on film to be more like Hines"............ Solid veteran leadership is crucial.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it a Steelers thing....... :D

I'm sure all the flowers being thrown at Smith's feet in this thread are warranted, but...isn't this the same guy who sucker punched a teammate during a film session a couple years ago?

I wouldn't be in any rush to watch film with Steve Smith.

yep that is him and that was part of what turned him around and turned him into the leader he is today

so being a bully and sucker punching somebody makes you a leader huh??? :D

out!!!......SERIOUSLY! ( in a strong tone )

i didnt feel like explaining the entire thing and I wont but that incident is what helped him to become a "leader"

if you dont like him thats ok that is your prerogative.

if he is such a great leader then why does he berate the qb on the sidelines???/ oh yeah he is sooooo competative right???

now he mocks a rookie who is giving an interview, embarrassing him in front of the media!!! great leadership qualities there !!!!

sounds like he is still a blowhard that cries when things dont go his way.......Jarrett should have matured beyond and laid the sucka out!!!......SERIOUSLY! ( in a strong tone )

No kidding. Since when is a rookie talking to reporters deserving of a reprimand? Perhaps there's some context to this that we don't know about, but "Sucker Punch" Steve comes off as more of a bully than a "leader" here.

if he is such a great leader then why does he berate the qb on the sidelines???/ oh yeah he is sooooo competative right???

now he mocks a rookie who is giving an interview, embarrassing him in front of the media!!! great leadership qualities there !!!!

sounds like he is still a blowhard that cries when things dont go his way.......Jarrett should have matured beyond and laid the sucka out!!!......SERIOUSLY! ( in a strong tone )

People grow and learn from mistakes - that's how he became a leader after that situation. You probably could have thought on that one a little bit before responding.

i heard on the radio that jarrett was talking about his lack of playing time, which is what prompted smith to come over.

I was just about to post in Favor of Smith not impressing me so much with showing up the rook in front of the media until I read this..Good post

Very interesting incident just happened in the locker room. Two reporters were talking with rookie receiver Dwayne Jarrett about his frustration at barely getting to play after being a second-round pick.

As Jarrett was talking, receiver Steve Smith, who hasn’t been talking to the media recently, walked out to his own locker and talked to Jarrett.

“Instead of talking to the media, why don’t you go watch some film?’’ Smith said.

Jarrett gave a slight smile and kept talking to the media.

Smith, followed up in a very strong tone.

“Seriously,’’ Smith said.

Jarrett did keep talking and we’ll have a full story on his rough rookie season in tomorrow’s paper. – PAT YASINSKAS

from the charlotte observer.

link