[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The first NFL game you ever attended.

Atlanta Cracker

1988 San Francisco 49ers @ Phoenix Cardinals. Growing up in PHX and being born and raised a 49er fan I finally got to see them play live and it was my first live NFL game as the Card's brought the NFL to town.

that was my second game. my dad's a huge niners fan. i think the cardinals won with a touchdown pass in the final minutes.

my first nfl game was the cardinals' first home game after the move to arizona -- against dallas on monday night football. i made one of those lame signs -- i think it said

Cowboys

Always

Beat the

Cardinals

we were in the second to last row, so i don't think anyone saw it. of course, my sign worked and the cowboys shocked the world by defeating the perennially unstoppable cards.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1974 Pats-Steelers, I was 7 or 8. Jim Plunkett, Sam Bam Cunningham, John Hannah. Pats had a good offense that year, tops in scoring or close to it in the NFL. But the Steelers shut 'em down (and the unborn zygote that would eventually become Menudo waved a little yellow genetic towel). It was late in the season and though I didn't know/care at the time, the Pats were on a horrific losing streak, losing 6 of their last 7 after starting 6-1. All I really knew was that it was f'n freezing out -- those were the days of the metal grandstands at the old Schaefer Stadium which were not warm OR comfortable. But it was an adventure to drive "all the way" to Foxboro with my Dad and brother (about 30-40 minutes), and I had a Jim Plunkett poster at home so it was cool to see #16 play live for the first time. My dad says all I kept yapping about was Plunkett, and how huge Hannah's (his favorite player) legs/thighs were..."like giant trees." :D

My favorire experience wasn't a game, but going to training camp with my 12 year old son Mike Holmgren's/Favre's first year.

He got almost every autograph on a football except for Sterling Sharpe's Sharpe didn't give kids autographs, but would sign something it they were sent to him.

Between practices we were sitting where the player went in to the stadium with a few other kids. Holmgren ran up with Ty Detmer (finishing their jog). I told Zach to say something but he was too shy so I said "Hey Mike, you need another QB?'

He looked at Zach and said "I what do you think Ty, you think we need another QB?"

He'll probably always keep that ball and remember that. At Packers camp kids can get real close to the coaches and players.

Remember going to a couple of pre season games in the sixties before NO had a team, think one was Balt vs GB in Tiger Stadium. First Real game was the Saints first game against the Rams was in the end zone that Gilliam caught the ball and ran the first kick off back for a TD. The highlight of the first 30 yrs for the Saints, except for Dempsey's FG and was there for that also.

My dad took me to a Bears-Packers game at Soldier Field when I was 12. I was fascinated by the action on the field and the crowd noise. I've been a fan of the NFL ever since!!

:D The Bears played at Wrigley Field at that time.

It was 1977 and it was still called Shaeffer Stadium. It was the Jets v the NE Patriots. I was a freshman in high school at the time and our marching band performed the half time show at the game. I remember chatting with Russ Grimm and Steve Grogan during pre-game warmups. Well, I wouldn't call it chatting so much as "hey, hows it going?" (me) and "You dropped your stick" (Grogan) and "Get off my field" (Grimm). I can't remember anything else about the game other than the Pats won.

Fair enough...I'm no longer curious.

Big John is the keeper of all things personal at the huddle. He has a DB of stuff like the FBI. Don't ever question his info again.

Big John is the keeper of all things personal at the huddle. He has a DB of stuff like the FBI. Don't ever question his info again.

Question him pretty often if you want to know the truth.

Moneymakers(a supposed fundamentalist Christian who lied all the time) kept saying a few years ago he was from Sante Fe. Once he said he woke up and it was snowing and BJ said "it's snowing in Dallas not in Sante Fe." He always tried weaseling out of it without much success.

December 10, 1072, Giants Stadium, New York. Miami 23, NY Giants 13. We lived part of the year in the Keys, so my favorite team was the Fins.

Pretty cool to have witnessed a game in the perfect season. :D

December 10, 1072, Giants Stadium, New York. Miami 23, NY Giants 13. We lived part of the year in the Keys, so my favorite team was the Fins.

Pretty cool to have witnessed a game in the perfect season. :D

Around the time of the Vikings? :D

Never got to go until I was 17. My buddy's dad was OL coach for the Steelers in the late 80's and he got me into my first game against the Browns @ 1989. Cold as hell, Steelers won, and I got to meet my favorite Steeler of all time, Greg Lloyd. Great day with memories to last forever.