[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

movies that make men cry

tonorator

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Baldwin: Well I'm not looking for a mail-order bride! I just want somebody I can have a decent conversation with over dinner. Without it falling down into weepy tears over some movie!

Greg: She's, as you just saw, very emotional.

Sam Baldwin: Although I cried at the end of "the Dirty Dozen."

Greg: Who didn't?

Sam Baldwin: Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades down these airshafts. And Richard Jaeckel and Lee Marvin

[begins to cry]

Sam Baldwin: were sitting on top of this armored personnel carrier, dressed up like Nazis...

Greg: [Crying too] Stop, stop!

Sam Baldwin: And Trini Lopez...

Greg: Yes, Trini Lopez!

Sam Baldwin: He busted his neck while they were parachuting down behind the Nazi lines...

Greg: Stop.

Sam Baldwin: And Richard Jaeckel - at the beginning he had on this shiny helmet...

Greg: [Crying harder] Please no more. Oh God! I loved that movie.

I welled up during Brian's Song, Good Will Hunting....Hell, even when they were executing the guy in Green Mile. I also am ashamed to say I felt a tear when I watched Dead Poets Society and the kids stood on the desk and said "O' Captain My Captain"

...note...

There are two Robin Williams movies on that list... No love for The World According to Garp?

My list also includes Braveheart. Actually, there a bunch of movies I've cried in. I'm a sap.

oh man, another mel gibson one. 'the patriot'

he's about to leave his daughter who hasn't spoken to him since her brother was murdered by the british bad guy. he's about to return to the fight and looks at her and asks if she has anything to say. she just stands there, he bows his head and starts to head out. then there's this shot of her face, a tear goes down, and she yells 'Papa!' mel turns around and runs back and scoops her up, she's yelling 'i'm sorry, i'm sorry', he's telling her it's all right, everyone in the family on the beach is crying.

my god.

oh man, another mel gibson one. 'the patriot'

he's about to leave his daughter who hasn't spoken to him since her brother was murdered by the british bad guy. he's about to return to the fight and looks at her and asks if she has anything to say. she just stands there, he bows his head and starts to head out. then there's this shot of her face, a tear goes down, and she yells 'Papa!' mel turns around and runs back and scoops her up, she's yelling 'i'm sorry, i'm sorry', he's telling her it's all right, everyone in the family on the beach is crying.

my god.

indeed, indeed

Rudy

When they pick that little fawker up and carry him off the field it gets me every time.

My thoughts exactly. I have it on my DVR and watch the last 20 minutes every now and again. It always makes me emotional. My kids look at me like I am an idiot, but who said men cant cry.