[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking my son to his first game today...

Savage Beatings

Outstanding. It truly is a special time and you should try to get a picture of you two even if only from a cell phone. Get him a foam #1 finger or something. IMO stuff like that is absolutely priceless.

And lots of food! He'll make the 3 hours......

Enjoy and treasure the day, Savage! :D

Well, we had a great time! He only lasted into the 2nd Quarter though... I should have brought some ear plugs, the noise was really bothering him after a while. Was just a lot of fun to see how wide-eyed he was the whole time! He loved seeing all of the other people wearing their spamshirts and purple shirts too. Next time I'll plan a little better, but I'm really glad we got to do this together!

Here he is just before kickoff, getting ready to wave his styrofoam souvenir.

Well, we had a great time! He only lasted into the 2nd Quarter though... I should have brought some ear plugs, the noise was really bothering him after a while. Was just a lot of fun to see how wide-eyed he was the whole time! He loved seeing all of the other people wearing their spamshirts and purple shirts too. Next time I'll plan a little better, but I'm really glad we got to do this together!

Here he is just before kickoff, getting ready to wave his styrofoam souvenir.

Great pic, pretty much says it all. Let me guess, what was his first question. "Daddy, how come Tarvaris doesn't put any air under his longer passes?" Or...

"Daddy, why is everyone wearing #28 spamshirts? Isn't #29 the starting running back? He's really good, daddy."

Congratulations on a great day. As for my boy and me, we endured a sickening T-Wolves game on Saturday night, watching the Hornets dismantle them WITHOUT Chris Paul playing. Trust me, watching T-Jax throw is more entertaining than the Wolves... :D

Make sure to give your son a dose of reality & let him know that MIN was playing OAK, and that they likely won't have the same outcome very often.

As a Viking dad, you owe it to him to be prepared for the many losing seasons to come during his lifetime.

Better yet, do him a hugh favor, break the vicious cycle right now, and teach him to worship all things Green & Gold.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:D:D

"I don't expect him to last the whole 3 hours, but you never know... sometimes his endurance surprises me when he gets excited about something." If he doesn't last the three hours, he'll have something in common with 90% of the people who show up to watch that. Excited? Is something else going on other than Vikings vs Raiders? :D

Seriously, enjoy the day and the bonding.

Hope you had a blast Savage! That's a special moment and I hope you both remember it for the rest of your lives.

I still remember the first game I went to with my Dad and to this day, whenever I go to a sporting event with colleagues or buddies, I am always a tad guilty he's not there with me. Every year, we make sure to go to one game together and he STILL insists on buying me a souvenir after the game! I'll be 38 in 2 days but to him, I am the same kid he took to his first game.

Here's hoping your son has the same memories and establishes the same bond with you as I did with my Dad. :wacko:

Thats awesome Savage :D

My 2 1/2 daughter watches "hitball" with me every Sunday. I keep telling her it is called football and she repeats it then 5 minutes later she picks up her little football and says "dada catch hitball" :wacko: My wife is a Ravens fans since we live in the Baltimore area and we bought her a Ray Lewis Jersey, every sunday morning she pulls it out and says Ray Ray Dada :D I am now teaching her to say TO baby everytime he scores when we watch the Boys play. She got tired of saying it after a while yesterday.

Enjoy those moments Savage, I can't wait to take her next season when she is 3 :D

Edited by T_bone65

Make sure to give your son a dose of reality & let him know that MIN was playing OAK, and that they likely won't have the same outcome very often.

As a Viking dad, you owe it to him to be prepared for the many losing seasons to come during his lifetime.

Better yet, do him a hugh favor, break the vicious cycle right now, and teach him to worship all things Green & Gold.

He could take him to the old stadium, but this all that's left of it.

I taught my Daughter "Boo Packers" right after "Go Vikings" when she was about 2 1/2