[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots @ Ravens...game thread

pig devilz

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shhitte....I'm drained. Helluva game, Ravens. They stepped up bigtime and simply wanted it for more of that game than the Pats did, or so it looked. The combination of our rush defense sucking and McGahee running strong was brutal.

Edited by msaint

Holy shhitte....I'm drained. Helluva game, Ravens. They stepped up bigtime and simply wanted it for more of that game than the Pats did, or so it looked. The combination of our rush defense sucking and McGahee running strong was brutal.

The Pats (Harrison) shut McGahee down late in the 4th qtr on two drives forcing Boller to throw on 3rd down and failing. Those were huge plays. lol @ Mcgahee opening up the game with a 4yrd run and celebrating like he scored a TD in the SB. Sure Bal played there tails off but I also saw a lot of undiscplined play by them the coaching staff should be embarassed.

The Pats (Harrison) shut McGahee down late in the 4th qtr on two drives forcing Boller to throw on 3rd down and failing. Those were huge plays. lol @ Mcgahee opening up the game with a 4yrd run and celebrating like he scored a TD in the SB. Sure Bal played there tails off but I also saw a lot of undiscplined play by them the coaching staff should be embarassed.

I was about to add a "that said..."....that said, while the Ravens played a tremendous ballgame and that stadium was rockin', the post-game comments by Suggs, Scott et al ("hard to play the Patriots AND the refs" etc.) were bush league and showed a lack of discipline and character, IMO, heat of the battle though they were. For me anyway, it ruined what was an incredible on-field performance by one tough-ass team. The Pats have often gotten screwed on calls (see Indy game...every team gets the shaft from refs, see Winslow this weekend) but never once bitch and moan publicly -- hell, if that Hail Mary pass had been caught and BAL had won on that l ast play, the Pats would have had a giant gripe that Mason was bear-hugging the defender as Clayton made his catch.

Say what you will about evil Belichick, but he instills that "you talk out of school to the media (be it about injuries, refs, anything), you get the back of my hand" mentality in his players. Billick clearly doesn't. And if his players point the finger at anyone, it should be at their own coaching staff.

Man, what an amazing game. That was the first truly great MNF game since... probably Colts/Bucs from '03.

Wow, the Ravens shot themselves in the foot in the late 3rd/4th quarter. The stupid Boller pick that would've been an easy FG, the inability to get a first down on those last two drives, and those defensive penalties NE's last drive.

I guess the one good thing (for Colts fans) is that this game likely destroyed the morale in the Ravens locker room, which will probably make things a bit easier for Indy on Sunday night.

Edited by Bill Swerski

i am exhausted after watching that game

I'm exhausted right now....couldn't settle down after that one.

The heart the Ravens D showed all game, the execution and in your face play of the Ravens Offense, the bend but don't break Patriots D showing up when the Patriots needed them most and the ice water that flows in Brady's veins. Good god that was an awesome game. Both teams oddly enough deserved to win that one.

I was nervous the entire game. Ravens ran it down our throats all night. A bunch of stupid penalties essentially gave the Pats too many chances. That and the antics of Scott....although he was probably reacting based on his emotions.....still bad timing though.

I'm not as nervous as I was about the Pitt game. They have fallen down a few notches in my book, plus it helps that we are at home. I wouldn't like our chances much at Heinz.

Man I really miss Colvin. Hopefully the D can step it up in a few more notches.

Great game and effort by the Ravens..........where was that the last few games?

Say what you will about evil Belichick, but he instills that "you talk out of school to the media (be it about injuries, refs, anything), you get the back of my hand" mentality in his players. Billick clearly doesn't. And if his players point the finger at anyone, it should be at their own coaching staff.

But apparently it's OK for Rodney Harrison to mouth off to Billick in the middle of the game. :D

Congrats to the Pats and all, but Harrison's still a massive POS.

There is simply no other QB you'd want to have on your team when the game is on the line than Brady. There was never any doubt in my mind as to the outcome of the game.

Btw, I'm not a fan of the Patriots and Bellicheck, but what kind of problem does the Polish Rifle have with them? Jaworski had nothing good to say about them and he was cheering them to lose all night. He owes the team and their fans an apology for being such a dick.

Millen was cheering against the Vikes when he first started calling games. He apologized later for it and said that he got caught up in the action. He's a better man than Jaworski for that.

There is simply no other QB you'd want to have on your team when the game is on the line than Brady. There was never any doubt in my mind as to the outcome of the game.

Btw, I'm not a fan of the Patriots and Bellicheck, but what kind of problem does the Polish Rifle have with them? Jaworski had nothing good to say about them and he was cheering them to lose all night. He owes the team and their fans an apology for being such a dick.

Millen was cheering against the Vikes when he first started calling games. He apologized later for it and said that he got caught up in the action. He's a better man than Jaworski for that.

You should apologize to all of us huddlers for watching MNF with the sound on. :D

The Ravens' players won that game and the coaches blew it. Two fourth down reprieves :D ! The flase start rule where the play gets blown dead was put in to protect QBs. They should play the play through just like off sides by the D. The holding call was BS too. Both players engaged inside the five yard zone and played handsies through continual movement past the five. Very ticky tack to call at that point in the game. Let the players play.

The game is way too heavily favorved for the Offensive side of the ball. Both of the pass interference penalties are way too punative. I still don't understand how you can "assume" a catch will be made.

Like I said, the Ravens' players got screwed by outside forces, not the guys who left it on the field. I feel badly for them!

What ever happened to Billick? I thought he was some kind of O genious!?!?

The game is way too heavily favorved for the Offensive side of the ball.

couldn't agree more, so much tick-tack BS...what's with all the "running backs/receivers viciously head-slapping/face-masking the defenders while they're being shoved out of bounds" we're seeing this year? i bet they crack down on that in the offseason.

I think this game pretty much showed that the PATS aren't being handed the Superbowl. The way their defense has looked the past two weeks agaisnt backup QBs imagine if they played good teams. I think the Cowboys and Colts both have the Offense and Defense to give the PATS trouble in the playoffs.

I think this game pretty much showed that the PATS aren't being handed the Superbowl. The way their defense has looked the past two weeks agaisnt backup QBs imagine if they played good teams. I think the Cowboys and Colts both have the Offense and Defense to give the PATS trouble in the playoffs.

sadly true, the defense is reeling right now. colvin's loss was huge. poor tackling. not making easy plays (merriweather drop), etc.

A buddy of mine, who is NOT a Pats fan (Steelers homer), put it well re: the Ravens' griping about the refs:

It FELT like the Ravens were jobbed but the officials got ALL of the calls correct during the final drive.

4th and 1: Idiot Ryan called the TO.

4th and 1 again: play whistled dead due to false start by Hochstein

4th down throw to Watson: safety was holding his arm the entire pattern, 20 yards downfield (5 yard rule).

Gaffney catch: no irrefutable evidence to overturn. Personally, I thought he caught it. Let's say they overturned it. The first Bart Scott penalty would have been half the distance to the goal (4 yard line) and auto 1st down. The second penalty half distance (2 yard line) and still 1st down. So Brady would have had 1st and goal from 2 with 44 seconds left and timouts in his pocket. Ballgame.

The only call the refs missed was the DOUBLE offensive interference on the hail mary. Gay was shoved on his ass by one receiver and Samuel was raped by another.

All that said, the Pats MUST man up vs the Steelers or it will be a long Sunda for your boys. But we're possibly missing Santonio again and someone besides Hines must step up. Speaking of, it's time for your vaunted receivers to, you know, catch the balls thrown to them. 9 drops! 2 in the end zone (Moss, Watson).

That Nick Kazcur should be benched.

Hmmm, a Steeler fan taking about the Ravens, now that's clearly an unbiased view. :D

I think the officiating sucked. I think the coaching sucked worse. I think Bart Scott is a jackass. I think Brian Billick is a larger jackass. I agree 100% with McBoog in that the officiating is terribly biased for offensive players. I don't think the officiating cost the Ravens the game. JSMHO.

I don't think the officiating cost the Ravens the game. JSMHO.

I think it did, but it shouldn't even be talked about today if the officiating was decent. I am not biased to either team, but after watching so many games this year with the Pats and seeing Moss use his "push-off" move and never get called, I have started to root for the underdog. If they are gonna get help from the zebras, then I can't root for them and the perfect season. All I can say it's getting closer every week :D

I think it did, but it shouldn't even be talked about today if the officiating was decent. I am not biased to either team, but after watching so many games this year with the Pats and seeing Moss use his "push-off" move and never get called, I have started to root for the underdog. If they are gonna get help from the zebras, then I can't root for them and the perfect season. All I can say it's getting closer every week :D

Moss has actually been called for pass interference at least twice - and the calls were border line at best.

The Steelers offensive line did better in pass protection this week, but, still failed miserably trying to open up holes for Parker and the running game. The offensive line is a major concern going against the Patriots defense. They will be attacking all day, and I simply don't have the confidence in the Steelers offensive line this year, like I did in the past. Roethlisberger can sometimes make up for it with his scrambling ability, which allows big plays to happen. That will absolutely be needed against the Pats.

On the other side of the ball, I think the Steelers can contain the Patriots offense somewhat. They will get pressure on Brady, and other than the Jets game, the Steelers defense has been pretty lights-out all season. I really hope that Polamalu is back an playing close to 100%. His being on the field really affects an offense, as the Steelers move him around a lot, and the QB has to be cognizant of where he is.

If the game were at Heinz field, I'd really like the Steelers chances, but, on the road in Foxboro, they will need to play a near perfect game to get this one done. It is possible, but, not probable.

If the Patriots do beat the Steelers, I see no way that they don't go undefeated during the regular season.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :D You know I'm talking about Randy Moss, not Santana Moss????

Ummm, Randy Moss #81 for the New England Patriots has atleast one offensive pass interference call against him this year. The one I know for sure was in the endzone that took away a TD. The refs have been keeping a close eye on him.