[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holt goes off on Linehan....

peteteacher2001

The franchise is lower than the Tony Banks, Lawrence Phillips, Rich Brooks, AND Chris Chandler era!!!!!!!! WOW!

When your three TOP players have all been caught on camera either rolling eyes at you or just flat out screaming in your face, it's time to make a change.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...6C?OpenDocument

Last Sunday afternoon, fans spoke loudly by selling their tickets to 30,000 Green Bay Packers fans who traveled from Wisconsin's frozen tundra to witness Brett Favre set an NFL record

:D Gotta hand it to the cheeseheads..They travel for their teams. After WCOFF I was in the airport in Vegas at a sports bar waiting for my flight and it was full of Wisconson folk that were in town for Wisconsin / UNLV..The beer consumption was staggering :D

Edited by whomper

:D Gotta hand it to the cheeseheads..They travel for their teams. After WCOFF I was in the airport in Vegas at a sports bar waiting for my flight and it was full of Wisconson folk that were in town for Wisconsin / UNLV..The beer consumption was staggering :D

that is true. i'll never forget the week wisonsin came to boulder to play the buffs when i was there in the mid 90s, there were fat midwesterners wearing red EVERYWHERE that weekend. i always thought nebraska's fans travelled a lot, but when the badgers came it was like nebraska weekend x 5. i almost felt bad for them coming all that way after the complete asswhupping CU handed them.

"Shaw's public show of faith in his coach gets trumped by the three public lack of confidence votes by Holt, Bulger and Jackson. "

:D I agree Linehan should go, but not because 3 whole players during the entire course of the season rolled their eyes at him or had a hissy.

So when Holt or SJax or Bulger does something like this then it's just the fiery competitive nature in them coming out rather than being 'malcontents' like that of TO or Moss and others. :D

In case they didn't notice... only one of their OL has started every game, others have been out for extended periods of time, and 2 starters have been out for the season for quite some time.

In case SJax didn't notice, he missed 4 games and part of another due to various injuries.

In case Bulger didn't notice, he missed 4 games and parts of others due to various injuries.

I hate to be in the position of defending Linehan and his job but not many other teams have had so many injuries at so many key positions this season. I don't like Linehan as an HC but it's hardly all on him this year so to suggest he should be fired in order for the Rams to change the way they 'do business' is a bit unfair. Holt, SJax, and Bulger publicly expressing their displeasure is just a tad selfish and shows a lack of understanding of ALL the things that have caused them to be in their current situation... injuries to themselves and others and quite a few recent bad drafts, including and up until Linehan took over as HC.

So when Holt or SJax or Bulger does something like this then it's just the fiery competitive nature in them coming out rather than being 'malcontents' like that of TO or Moss and others. :D

In case they didn't notice... only one of their OL has started every game, others have been out for extended periods of time, and 2 starters have been out for the season for quite some time.

In case SJax didn't notice, he missed 4 games and part of another due to various injuries.

In case Bulger didn't notice, he missed 4 games and parts of others due to various injuries.

I hate to be in the position of defending Linehan and his job but not many other teams have had so many injuries at so many key positions this season. I don't like Linehan as an HC but it's hardly all on him this year so to suggest he should be fired in order for the Rams to change the way they 'do business' is a bit unfair. Holt, SJax, and Bulger publicly expressing their displeasure is just a tad selfish and shows a lack of understanding of ALL the things that have caused them to be in their current situation... injuries to themselves and others and quite a few recent bad drafts, including and up until Linehan took over as HC.

When you do it once in a lengthy career and you do not do it for the cameras benefit it is very different than calling a press conference or coreographing attention before going off on a weekly tirade about yourself.

One is the act of a righteously frustrated competitive player, the other is the act of a petulent bitch. Glad I could help you see the difference.

When you do it once in a lengthy career and you do not do it for the cameras benefit it is very different than calling a press conference or coreographing attention before going off on a weekly tirade about yourself.

One is the act of a righteously frustrated competitive player, the other is the act of a petulent bitch. Glad I could help you see the difference.

+1...coming from Holt, who never opens his mouth, it does lend credence to the fact that something is seriously wrong in STL.

I am also a believer that this season was an aberration, due to all the injuries along the O-Line. That defense however...UGH.

Edited by The Wolf

You're not kiddin'! I was there that weekend as well. That joint was crawling with cheese!

Reading stuff like this reinforces my belief in how fortunate I am as a Hawk fan to have Mike Holmgren as a coach and Paul Allen as an owner. Here is hoping that Mike Holmgren wants to stick around in Seattle after this year. Maintaining a winning tradition isn't easy for any franchise, Holmgren is one of the few coaches that established that for two different franchises that were dead ducks in the water when he arrived.

Somewhere out west, Bidwell is laughing his butt off.

He can laugh all day at our Vince Lombardi Trophy, too, because he'll NEVER own one. Do you even have any idea why he left STL?

You are correct, Sir. Wasn't long ago on this board, folks were saying stand up guys like Holt and Harrison would never do such a thing as berate their coach like a TO or Randy. I explained that Holt and Harrison can sulk and complain with the best of them, it just goes with being a great WR (having the attitude that you need the ball). My oh my, what a surprise...

You are correct, Sir. Wasn't long ago on this board, folks were saying stand up guys like Holt and Harrison would never do such a thing as berate their coach like a TO or Randy. I explained that Holt and Harrison can sulk and complain with the best of them, it just goes with being a great WR (having the attitude that you need the ball). My oh my, what a surprise...

So TO takes down 2 teams and Moss pushes a metermaid down the street with his car but Holt yelling at the coach one time puts them in the same league?

That's like saying Tom Brady's no different than Michael Vick and then coming back years later and saying told you so when he gets in trouble once. You can say anything if the time frame is long enough. Eventually everyone gets in trouble for something.

So TO takes down 2 teams and Moss pushes a metermaid down the street with his car but Holt yelling at the coach one time puts them in the same league?

That's like saying Tom Brady's no different than Michael Vick and then coming back years later and saying told you so when he gets in trouble once. You can say anything if the time frame is long enough. Eventually everyone gets in trouble for something.

What do PAST off the field problems have to do with Holt CURRENTLY doing what the others are criticized for? If you have a problem with your coach, you speak to him behind closed doors. You don't begin a shouting match with him for the world to see, when the game is seconds from over...

I am no TO apologist but why was his name mentioned 3 times in an article that wasnt even about him ? TO brings on the heat he gets dont get me wrong but the media feeds on it and plays into it bigtime.