[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England sports teams

Crazysight

Let me be perhaps the first to mention the possibility around here: Sox are already World Series Champs, Pats are the first to have an undefeated season in the modern era headed into the playoffs where they (of course) have home-field throughout (and would be playing in a dome in the Superbowl) and the Celtics have the best record in the NBA and kicked L.A.'s butts (in L.A.) last night while completing a 4 game sweep of the west in 5 days.

Could it be that we are on the verge of 3 championship teams in the 3 most-popular professional sports? I'm sure there are plenty of people who still aren't sold on the Celts (and are rooting against the Pats), but would there be any time in history when any part of the country had obtained as much success in sports?

Let me be perhaps the first to mention the possibility around here: Sox are already World Series Champs, Pats are the first to have an undefeated season in the modern era headed into the playoffs where they (of course) have home-field throughout (and would be playing in a dome in the Superbowl) and the Celtics have the best record in the NBA and kicked L.A.'s butts (in L.A.) last night while completing a 4 game sweep of the west in 5 days.

Could it be that we are on the verge of 3 championship teams in the 3 most-popular professional sports? I'm sure there are plenty of people who still aren't sold on the Celts (and are rooting against the Pats), but would there be any time in history when any part of the country had obtained as much success in sports?

Detroit had all football, baseball and hockey in the 30's in one year (1935?).

of course i'l just be ridiculed for even posting in this thread, but,meh, never stopped me....

it is an amazing time in this city to be a sports fan.

i would wish it on any sports fan in any city...

Go Pats!

if a city wins the grand slam(MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) then they can really really bang on their chest....leaving out the bruins is pretty lame(Bruins currently would sit as the #8(final team) to make the playoffs in the eastern conf)

if a city wins the grand slam(MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) then they can really really bang on their chest....leaving out the bruins is pretty lame(Bruins currently would sit as the #8(final team) to make the playoffs in the eastern conf)

:D

How many cities actually have teams in all 4 sports? Less than 10?

Boston

NY

Phi

Was

Dal

Hou

Chi

Tampa

Maybe a few more....

Boston

NY

Phi

Was

Dal

Hou

Chi

Tampa

Maybe a few more....

well if your team had less then 4 then i could see being upset by my comment but if your team has the 4 majors then maybe it would be better not to treat one like a red headed step child :wacko:

I've watched about 10 Celtics games and you're kidding yourself if you think they could take the Spurs in a 7 game series.

Happen to see that west-coast swing that they capped-off by thumping the Lakers in L.A.?

Granted, the Spurs are still the champs and that's where the road has to go through.

And the Pats still have a lot of work left to do to.

Edited by Crazysight

Boston

NY

Phi

Was

Dal

Hou

Chi

Tampa

Maybe a few more....

DEN

ATL

Oy! Phoenix does bizzacchh!!

:wacko:

Tampa Bay does not have a NBA team. (and the baseball team is in St. Petersberg)

Can add DET, MIN (twin cities) and MIA for all 4.

Debatable, but if you wanted to include SF, OAK, and SJ as one metroploitan area, that would be another one.

Tampa Bay does not have a NBA team. (and the baseball team is in St. Petersberg)

Debatable, but if you wanted to include SF, OAK, and SJ as one metroploitan area, that would be another one.

Also no hockey in houston.

Orlando and Tampa are very close.....I guess I was thinking a little more regionally, but you are right. And then that gets to your third point...

I was thinking Philadelphia had a good stretch in the early 80's, but I guess they didn't win all 3.

1980 76'ers lost the NBA Finals, Phillies won the World Series

1981 Eagles lost the Super Bowl

1982 76'ers lost the NBA Finals

1983 76'ers won the NBA Finals

Curious as to why you included "twin cities" in brackets BJ. Its pretty self explanatory as Minnesota.