[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England sports teams

Crazysight

I was thinking Philadelphia had a good stretch in the early 80's, but I guess they didn't win all 3.

1980 76'ers lost the NBA Finals, Phillies won the World Series

1981 Eagles lost the Super Bowl

1982 76'ers lost the NBA Finals

1983 76'ers won the NBA Finals

back in 1980 i was in 8th grade and was at game 6 when the phils won the world series...

During the early 80s all four major sports teams were pretty much in the hunt to win the championship in their sport...it was a pretty

good time as a kid growing up being a philly sports fan

back in 1980 i was in 8th grade and was at game 6 when the phils won the world series...

During the early 80s all four major sports teams were pretty much in the hunt to win the championship in their sport...it was a pretty

good time as a kid growing up being a philly sports fan

jesus christ yer an old bastard...in 1980 i was born

if a city wins the grand slam(MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA) then they can really really bang on their chest....leaving out the bruins is pretty lame(Bruins currently would sit as the #8(final team) to make the playoffs in the eastern conf)

you are correct Keggerz you have to put Hockey in the category as well and Boston is a big hockey town. Unfortunately as long as the Jacobs Bros own the team they won't be winning much of anything. In fact, the Pats and the Celts haven't won anything yet either so although the thought is nice the odds are way against it happening due to the Bruins and if they do make the playoffs them pesky Canadians will dismantle them like a knife through butter.

Edited by fballfreak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've watched the last 3 Celtics games and I'm starting to change my mind.

I agree for the most part, the only concern is late in the playoffs can their legs hold up, mainly of coruse Allen and Pierce. KG will be KG. Rondo, still not sold on but he has played better then I thought he would but still out of control at times.

I was thinking Philadelphia had a good stretch in the early 80's, but I guess they didn't win all 3.

1980 76'ers lost the NBA Finals, Phillies won the World Series

1981 Eagles lost the Super Bowl

1982 76'ers lost the NBA Finals

1983 76'ers won the NBA Finals

Actuallly, you can take it a step further....you omitted the Flyers:

Spring of 1980: Flyers lose to Islanders in Stanley Cup Finals

Spring of 1980: Sixers lose to Lakers in NBA Finals

Fall of 1980: Phils win World Series over KC.

Janaury of 1981: Eagles lose to Raiders in Super Bowl

In just over 9 months, all four Philly teams made the finals. to this day, it was the only time in sports history that all four major sports titles could have been won in the same 12-month span.

Sixers won in 1983 over the Lakers.

Flyers also made the Finals in 1985 & 1987, losing to Edmonton twice.

Phils lost the World Series in 1983 to the Baltimore Orioles.

Villlanova won the NCAA in 1985 over Gerogetown.

As Keggerx mentioned, it was fun several years in Philly

• 2 months later...
of course i'l just be ridiculed for even posting in this thread, but,meh, never stopped me....

it is an amazing time in this city to be a sports fan.

i would wish it on any sports fan in any city...

What happened to this guy ? I haven't seen him much since the Super Bowl. :wacko: