[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which gender is easier to raise?

irish

Raising children.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which gender is easier to raise?

• Boys.
    • Girls
    • Each child is different regardless of gender.
    • Puddies

On New Years' my entire family got deeply into this discussion. Most responded that it's easier to raise boys while few thought girls were the easiest and even they just seemed to want to buck the trend. Most felt that as girls get older they become more complicated. Other things that were said were that girls are very emotional and always seem to be plotting some type of plan or scheme that just leads to no good and that when you get into verbal arguments with girls they get more nasty and truly seem to hate your guts for an extended period of time. On the contrary, most said boys are more simple to deal with and don't create as much drama or mystery in life. On the whole they don't seem to hold grudges like girls do and certainly aren't as emotional.

This topic really interested me as I have 2 children of my own, 1 boy (6) and 1 girl (3). And my little girl is already way more complicated and emotional than my son. I truly fear her teen years. :D

Any of you have any thoughts or experiences on this topic?

both have their challanges ..i do beleive girls ae harder though ( having girls and boys ) ...more nervousness when they go out , they are more hormonal and can be much moodier than boys ... more vulnerable i believe as well

thats my opinion

You bring up a very solid point that I was going to mention and forgot about. That is that my biggest issue I think I will have with my daughter is when she starts to date. That's the scenerio where I think they are definitely more vulnerable and of course I will always be worried that some scumbag will try to take advantage of her. I'm going to need to pull the old scene from Bad Boys II with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith, when the boyfriend comes over to take Lawrence's daughter out. Great stuff!!

Easier for who?

The people rasing them. In my case my wife and I but I'm speaking obviously from a dad's perspective.

My son is almost 6 years old. He has been a lot more...uh...difficult compared to the same point of my daughter's life. I think he's just a typical boy. Into everything, never still, yada yada....

Now that my daughter just became a teenager, we'll see how this stage goes.

I have a pair of daughters, 19 and 16 ... yep, dating is an adventure, but they've been such a grand joy to raise that a little bit of "Lethal Weapon Style Parenting" (making sure dates KNOW you're crazy) is not a high price to pay for the years of fun we've had. :-)

We didn't exactly raise them as "girls". We raised them as people and they've grown into wonderful young women. They wanted to do dance? They danced. Wanted to play football with the neighborhood boys? They played football. Barbies were big for one of them, baseball cards were big for the other -- now they swap dresses and fight over the hair straightener, so they ended up in the same place ...

I'm told often that raising boys would have been much harder and have seen some really badly behaved boys that makes me wonder if it's true, but I'd guess it all equals out in the long run ... The Donutrun Empire has just been very blessed with quality munchkins. Momma Jelly is pretty good at this stuff ... :D

i have a young boy. many friends have young girls. heres my 2c. girls are much easier 0-2. then the drama sets in. my buddies couldnt stop telling me how easy they had it and only wanted another girl. now they are dying. all i hear about is drama. boys are much more active when they are younger. but i would trade hard early years for the teen years of a girl anyday.

My daughter is 4 1/2 it's been great. Everyone tells me that'll change when boys come around. Maybe but I'd imagine the number of times my father resisted beating me into a hospital stay from 1986-1988 is pretty hugh. I'd much prefer to scare that $hit off than live with it.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I have a pair of daughters, 19 and 16 ... yep, dating is an adventure, but they've been such a grand joy to raise that a little bit of "Lethal Weapon Style Parenting" (making sure dates KNOW you're crazy) is not a high price to pay for the years of fun we've had. :-)

We didn't exactly raise them as "girls". We raised them as people and they've grown into wonderful young women. They wanted to do dance? They danced. Wanted to play football with the neighborhood boys? They played football. Barbies were big for one of them, baseball cards were big for the other -- now they swap dresses and fight over the hair straightener, so they ended up in the same place ...

I'm told often that raising boys would have been much harder and have seen some really badly behaved boys that makes me wonder if it's true, but I'd guess it all equals out in the long run ... The Donutrun Empire has just been very blessed with quality munchkins. Momma Jelly is pretty good at this stuff ... :D

Great stuff DJ!! The principal of the school I teach at also has 2 daughters (although a bit younger than yours) and he's told me in conversation that sure there's ups and downs but he wouldn't trade his girls for all the world and for the most part they've been a pleasure. On a side note, my wife isn't the most maternal woman you'd meet and she'd tell you that, so I may need to borrow Momma Jelly when my daughter is about 13 or 14. :D:wacko:

I've got one of each (twins). They both give me hell when they want to. They both melt my heart when they want to. Raising them isn't the same, but I think the differences have a lot more to do with their respective personalities than it does their genders.

I have 2 girls and can only obviously give perspective from that side. A perfect setting to see the difference between boys and girls is a big kids party. The girls get cliquey [sic] and a little petty at a young age. The boys just find the other boys and go nuts. I see a hugh difference between my 2 girls. My oldest is honestly a piece of cake most of the time..She is well behaved with the exception of normal kid acting up and shes generally very pleasant. My problem with her is she shys away from challenges. Shes afraid to fail sometimes. I keep telling her that as long as she gives 100% she will be fine and thats all me and my wife want from her. My little one is a very trying kid at times. Shes very stubborn and loves to throw a tantrum. The flip side is that she is very independant. Unlike her older sister she wants to do everything herself. My brother has 2 boys and a girl and he says its not even close his boys were much easier and his girl was more of a handful and his main issue is the drama factor

Edited by whomper

I have 2 girls and can only obviously give perspective from that side. A perfect setting to see the difference between boys and girls is a big kids party. The girls get cliquey [sic] and a little petty at a young age. The boys just find the other boys and go nuts. I see a hugh difference between my 2 girls. My oldest is honestly a piece of cake most of the time..She is well behaved with the exception of normal kid acting up and shes generally very pleasant. My problem with her is she shys away from challenges. Shes afraid to fail sometimes. I keep telling her that as long as she gives 100% she will be fine and thats all me and my wife want from her. My little one is a very trying kid at times. Shes very stubborn and loves to throw a tantrum. The flip side is that she is very independant. Unlike her older sister she wants to do everything herself. My brother has 2 boys and a girl and he says its not even close his boys were much easier and his girl was more of a handful and his main issue is the drama factor

:D

Edit: Psst, [sic] is only used when you're quoting someone. If it's your own thought and you think there may be a spelling error, I think using "(sp.?") is commonplace. :D

Edited by darin3

Edit: Psst, [sic] is only used when you're quoting someone. If it's your own thought and you think there may be a spelling error, I think using "(sp.?") is commonplace. :wacko:

From my experience, the boys are tough up until about age 10 because they are into everything and anything.

he boys got easier the older they got until they hit 16-18.

the 4 boys that have hit those ages have 1 year in that time span where you want to kill them,

but then they grow out of it.

The girl is now 14 and it's been 4 years of one thing after another. once she hit 10 everything changed.

The emotional roller coaster just gets wearying after a bit.

I have one boy and two girls. Just going by what I know for sure and that is all three of them up to age 11, I would say that it is not an exact science. Going by two up to the age 17 it would be the boy by far but I have a felling, and great hope, that the 11 year old girl is going to give that a run for the money.

If you have 1 boy and 1 girl:

first 9 years = the boy is harder as he will break things, get into normal trouble, somewhat stubborn, and probably a little too much into video games. Girls are still Daddy's little girl.

Aged 10-18 = you know what the boy is all about, same stuff.. just older. Girls are more hormonal, depressive, and the potential to get pregnant scenario will give you some gray hairs.

I have both. Boy almost 3 and Girl 1.5. There is no real difference in difficulty in raising them yet. I will say one thing though. There is a hugh difference between having one toddler around and having two. They really feed off of each other to wreak serious havoc.

I have both. Boy almost 3 and Girl 1.5. There is no real difference in difficulty in raising them yet. I will say one thing though. There is a hugh difference between having one toddler around and having two. They really feed off of each other to wreak serious havoc.

Ah yes .The tag team effect. they may fight with each other along the way while they grow up but they will always side with each other against the parents when the chips are down. I have had my 2 have physical fights with each other. You can actually hear the clint eastwood every which way but loose punch sound effect sometimes. Then when I go in to reprimand the one whose fault i think it is the other one turns on me and says leave her alone

Ah yes .The tag team effect. they may fight with each other along the way while they grow up but they will always side with each other against the parents when the chips are down. I have had my 2 have physical fights with each other. You can actually hear the clint eastwood every which way but loose punch sound effect sometimes. Then when I go in to reprimand the one whose fault i think it is the other one turns on me and says leave her alone

:D OMG, exactly! :D