[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crappy cashiers

MojoMan

My son had a respiratory infection about a month ago and I was picking up his antibiotics from the local Walgreens pharmacy. The little punk student pharmacist had the balls to tell me to hold on while he finished up his text message when I walked up to the counter. I told him I'd break his f'ing fingers if he didn't ring me out ASAP becuase I had my wife and a sick kid in my car. He just stared at me and I was halfway across the counter ready to punch him. I guess the actual pharmacist overheard what went on and he stepped in and apologized. I've been back a few times but I haven't seen that particular student.

FWIW, my short fuse was largely in part to me having a killer ear infection, no dinner, it was 9pm, and spent close to 3 hours at the doctors office while they ran tests and did a culture on my son who was screaming the entire time.

I've been there, brother. I'm surprised you didn't slap the phone out his hand.

My son had a respiratory infection about a month ago and I was picking up his antibiotics from the local Walgreens pharmacy. The little punk student pharmacist had the balls to tell me to hold on while he finished up his text message when I walked up to the counter. I told him I'd break his f'ing fingers if he didn't ring me out ASAP becuase I had my wife and a sick kid in my car. He just stared at me and I was halfway across the counter ready to punch him. I guess the actual pharmacist overheard what went on and he stepped in and apologized. I've been back a few times but I haven't seen that particular student.

FWIW, my short fuse was largely in part to me having a killer ear infection, no dinner, it was 9pm, and spent close to 3 hours at the doctors office while they ran tests and did a culture on my son who was screaming the entire time.

maybe he was checking to see how his fantasy players did. :D

I've had a on going problem with our local (granted there's about 20 in the area) Walgreens. The cashier who I don't believe is a pharmacist and maybe not even a tech always has a bad attitude, finally my wife and I had enough. I told her to give me the f'n prescription back after she told me "I guess there are many others in the area that are on this script" (we were in the drive thru) and my wife called the main pharmacist and complained. I have to say the past few times I've been in there she's had a better attitude.

There is nothing worse then having to go to the pharmacy after spending a few hours at the doctors or hospital and then them telling you it will be 45 minutes. I understand why sometimes it just still sucks.

I've had a on going problem with our local (granted there's about 20 in the area) Walgreens. The cashier who I don't believe is a pharmacist and maybe not even a tech always has a bad attitude, finally my wife and I had enough. I told her to give me the f'n prescription back after she told me "I guess there are many others in the area that are on this script" (we were in the drive thru)...
uh, what am I missing here--why would that comment upset you?

uh, what am I missing here--why would that comment upset you?

I knew I should have elaborated a bit more. There was more around that then just that comment. She had told us a few hours back (on the phone) that the medicine was there and we asked are you sure because it's not always stocked. So we get there and she says it's not there and we say why not, you just told us a few hours back that you had it and it would be ready. And that's when she said "well I guess there are more kids besides your son on (she named the medicine) which also pissed me because of the nature of the medicine (ADHD medicine).

As it turned out the medicine was there after going home and talking with the pharmacist. She just couldn't locate it at the time.

I knew I should have elaborated a bit more. There was more around that then just that comment. She had told us a few hours back (on the phone) that the medicine was there and we asked are you sure because it's not always stocked. So we get there and she says it's not there and we say why not, you just told us a few hours back that you had it and it would be ready. And that's when she said "well I guess there are more kids besides your son on (she named the medicine) which also pissed me because of the nature of the medicine (ADHD medicine).

As it turned out the medicine was there after going home and talking with the pharmacist. She just couldn't locate it at the time.

Sounds like our Walgreens.

• 5 months later...

Here's another gripe.

You can see a roll of...say quarters...in the cash drawer but the quarter partition is empty.

Your total is something like $7.18. You tender a sawbuck.

S/he is too dang lazy to open the new roll of quarters and, therefore, gives you eight dimes and 2 cents. I have made them change the dimes back before but sometimes I'm kinda in a rush.

Wasn't like that back in the day.

I've had a on going problem with our local (granted there's about 20 in the area) Walgreens. The cashier who I don't believe is a pharmacist and maybe not even a tech always has a bad attitude, finally my wife and I had enough. I told her to give me the f'n prescription back after she told me "I guess there are many others in the area that are on this script" (we were in the drive thru) and my wife called the main pharmacist and complained. I have to say the past few times I've been in there she's had a better attitude.

There is nothing worse then having to go to the pharmacy after spending a few hours at the doctors or hospital and then them telling you it will be 45 minutes. I understand why sometimes it just still sucks.

I used to use Walgreens or CVS. I got pissed about the 45 minute thing. Even if I was the only one waiting it would be 45 minutes. I switched to our local non-chain pharmacy. I can bring in a new prescription and only wait five minutes to have it filled. They even know my name.

American cashiers are frickin brain dead.

My first job was at Burger King (back in the day when normal high school kids worked there, not retired people and immigrants-yeah, I'm old). I quickly "worked" my way up to cashier. My store manager had some rules for cashiers.

1. Even though, back in the Stone Age we had the "cash tendered" function, she forbade its use. You had to count change manually. Counting change manually does not require the intellect of Steven Hawking. It is really a mechanical process...you might have to be able to add or subtract a few cents in your head.

2. She insisted that we place the bill tendered by the customer, in full view, on the cash tray. That way, if there was a dispute about how much money was tendered, it was obvious.

3. She insisted that all bills be face up and placed in the same direction in the cash drawer. She never explained why but I think that the extra 5 seconds it takes to do this ensured that you looked at each bill carefully and didn't stick a 10 in the 5 slot.

4. She taught us to place the coins into the customers hands, followed by the bills.

Now cashiers are so gosh darned brain dead that they break all of these rules.

1. They always use cash tendered. At least 25% of the time, they're so dumb they can't even count the money you tendered accurately or they input the amount wrong, leading to massive confusion on their part.

2. They stick the bill in the cash tray. Then, when #1 happens, they can't reconstruct events.

3. Not that important but I like to keep my snaps nice and neat and orderly for my drug deals.

4. It pisses the hell out of me when my coins go sliding all over the place because the cashier doesn't even know how to return change to me.

Rant over.

You just named every single pet peeve I have with cashiers. I used to work in a hardware store that had an ancient gas station cash register.

BTW, putting all the bills the same direction helps with accounting. It's easier to count the bills when they are all turned the same direction & the same side & easier to catch when the wrong denomination is mixed in with other bills.

Some cashiers will look at you like "why are you giving me too much money?". Then you have to explain why and they're still dumbfounded.

It's called the totally clueless look, or for those who remember, the Jeff Spiccoli look.

I'm at the point where, if its just for an item or two, I'd rather let Apu gouge me for an extra buck than wait in line for 20 minutes while I pretend not to stare at the tabloid covers and/or cashiers' tits.

Solid gold post! Apu... :wacko:

• 4 months later...

I've noticed another disturbing trend.

In the past week alone, I've received change where the cashier chose not to pick the appropriate coins out of the cash drawer.

When the change was 32 cents I got 3 dimes and 2 pennies. When the change is 78 cents, I've gotten 7 dimes and 3 pennies.The quarters and nickel slots had coins in them so it's not like they had no choice but to give me small change.

I've noticed another disturbing trend.

In the past week alone, I've received change where the cashier chose not to pick the appropriate coins out of the cash drawer.

When the change was 32 cents I got 3 dimes and 2 pennies. When the change is 78 cents, I've gotten 7 dimes and 3 pennies. The quarters and nickel slots had coins in them so it's not like they had no choice but to give me small change.

And they shortchange you too. :wacko:

:wacko: i was gonna post this same thing. when we lived in new york, we were in constant need of quarters for the laundry machines. so when i'd pay for something that was, say, $10.30, i would give the cashier $21.05, so that i'd get a $10 bill and three quarters. typically they'd look at me like i just tried to pay them in wampum.

I have to be honest.

If somebody gave me $21.05 for a $10.30 bill, I'd look at them like they just tried to pay in wampum.