[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick wins COY

budlitebrad

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a homer, I'm going to have to say "younger" talent.

I realize that the Packers have some really good young players (Jennings, Barnett, Hawk, Kampman) to go along with a significant amount of veteran talent (Woodson, Harris, Driver, and of course Brett). But they're not close to the Pats talent-wise, and that's not a slam on the Packers. New England is so loaded, it's not even funny.

I realize that the Packers have some really good young players (Jennings, Barnett, Hawk, Kampman) to go along with a significant amount of veteran talent (Woodson, Harris, Driver, and of course Brett). But they're not close to the Pats talent-wise, and that's not a slam on the Packers. New England is so loaded, it's not even funny.

Yea, but they don't have the league leading scorer for this season. :D

:D

Well, at least this league is set up to bring everyone back to earth. It can't last... can it?

Actually Shula won the AP, Sporting News, and PFW COY awards in 72. Devine won the UPI award.

And if the violations had so little to do with the success of the team, why did BB do it?

i stand corrected :D

Herm would have found a way to lose at least 4 games if he coached pats this year :D

I'm not quoting to bang on Herm, but to agree at this level -- lesser coaches would have found ways to lose at least one of the 16 ... so many temptations for this team to stay focused, keeping them all in line was a tremendous job. Other coaches have great years? Certainly. But 16-0? Even with the spygate, he earned it by keeping that team going one game at a time.

It's even funnier because everyone gives Belichick credit for keeping his players' focused with all the distractions, while he was the main cause of them.

He may have been the cause of the distractions, but watching the Pats come out AFTER Spygate broke and play the Chargers, you could tell that the players were 100% behind BB.....I think, if anything, Spygate motivated them MORE this year to go out and win.....and win for the coach...Regardless of how is he portrayed in the media, the players respect him and play hard for him.....Congrats, Bill

I think, if anything, Spygate motivated them MORE this year to go out and win.....and win for the coach

Spygate was clearly a monster motivator. You could just see it in that first game after. I forget who they clobbered...

But, I feel like the team was more motivated by the implication that they had cheated as a team, and not as much about BB. That they had won games because of it. Before the sentence was handed down. It galvanized them. Remember, people were pointing the finger at Brady too, wondering how much he knew about it.

I remember commenting that they looked like a buzzsaw. That may have been the most dominant couple weeks I've ever seen in the NFL.

Spygate was clearly a monster motivator. You could just see it in that first game after. I forget who they clobbered...

But, I feel like the team was more motivated by the implication that they had cheated as a team, and not as much about BB. That they had won games because of it. Before the sentence was handed down. It galvanized them. Remember, people were pointing the finger at Brady too, wondering how much he knew about it.

I remember commenting that they looked like a buzzsaw. That may have been the most dominant couple weeks I've ever seen in the NFL.

they clobbered the Chargers....!

Wow. This couldn't have happened to a more undeserving POS. A Monkey with a banana could have coached that team to 16-0. McCarthy deservers the award head and shoulders above Belicheat. He did more with less. Now I've lost all respect for the AP.

Wow. This couldn't have happened to a more undeserving POS. A Monkey with a banana could have coached that team to 16-0. McCarthy deservers the award head and shoulders above Belicheat. He did more with less. Now I've lost all respect for the AP.

You're a goofball.

In other news, "water is wet."

C'mon. The guy went 16-0. It's a no-brainer, or in Huddle vernacular, a "H8Tank".

:D As Andrew Siciliano noted today while filling in for Jim Rome today, Belichick was caught cheating!!! How many times does this have to be explained? If a baseball player served a ten-game suspension for steroids, do you think he'd have any chance at MVP? No freakin' way. The NFL is screwed up if Belicheat gets this award. Dude cheated and got the biggest fine in NFL history and cost his team a draft pick. Give me a break.

In other news, "water is wet."

C'mon. The guy went 16-0. It's a no-brainer, or in Huddle vernacular, a "H8Tank".

Did he actually "coach" the team to 16-0? Or did he just put it on auto-pilot with all that talent? I'd say the argument for McCarthy is much stronger than BB. Unfortunately, it looks like the league is sending the message that you can cheat and still be rewarded. Nice. So much for being a good guy.