[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jags @ Pats Official Game Thread

keggerz

I Just read all 11 pages of this thread and LOL'd..

Great game last night, The Jags are a great team but the Pats are exceptional. I think it's safe to say that the Jags are one of the elite teams in the NFL and will continue to be. I'm hoping for an Indy win today so the Pats can pay them back from last seasons Championship game. Supercharger don't take the bait the haters are out in full force.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a kid, growing up in NE and an emerging football fan in a non-football family (except grandpa, but he lived nowhere close in PA), I was a Pats fan (with a few other teams).

I Hate them now. Probably because of that slob Bel-I-Cheat, who has GREATLY benefitted from an ownership group and GM that has built a quality team to coach (he SUCKED in Cleveland with BAD players).

Last night, as I suspected. The Jags lost in a footrace. They couldn't keep up the pace and the Pats pulled away in the second half. It happened to the Jags in other games with solid pass games, I called it here too.

Congrats, but the team that won was NOT the one I hoped for. Now, my Boltz, have to go there IF they can do the improbable today. It would be an interesting storyline, THAT is for sure!

I Just read all 11 pages of this thread and LOL'd..

Great game last night, The Jags are a great team but the Pats are exceptional. I think it's safe to say that the Jags are one of the elite teams in the NFL and will continue to be. I'm hoping for an Indy win today so the Pats can pay them back from last seasons Championship game. Supercharger don't take the bait the haters are out in full force.

actually what is funny is that there were ZERO pats fans posting in this thread while the game was close and only until it was in the bag/over did we see any Pats fans...some will say they didnt check the PC or have their laptop out and well only they know the truth but i do know for a fact that during the 1st half I saw piggy check this thread and then he disappeared until the game was over.

Probably because of that slob Bel-I-Cheat, who has GREATLY benefitted from an ownership group and GM that has built a quality team to coach (he SUCKED in Cleveland with BAD players).

wait a minute...timeout.

McBoog, you type some pretty respectable words on this board, but this is just crapola.

Maybe you're just trying out your new Southbend reel you got for Xmas, i dunno.

Nothing could be further from the trueth. If you wanna try and back this statement up,

and discuss it, i'd be happy to engage you....

otherwise, consider me the one that got away.

good luck today!

wait a minute...timeout.

McBoog, you type some pretty respectable words on this board, but this is just crapola.

Maybe you're just trying out your new Southbend reel you got for Xmas, i dunno.

Nothing could be further from the trueth. If you wanna try and back this statement up,

and discuss it, i'd be happy to engage you....

otherwise, consider me the one that got away.

good luck today!

so he didnt suck in CLEVLAND and the pats dont have quality ownership? :D

Edited by keggerz

I'm disapointed in the result, but as a Jags homer, I'm proud of the way the team played. I understood Del Rio's gameplan, and it was a good one. Unfortunately,if you're going to drop everyone back in coverage, you've got to be able to get pressure on the QB with your front four and that just didn't happen.

In order for the Jags to have won, they needed to play a near perfect game and the Patirots needed to make a couple of mistakes. To the Patriots' credit, it went the other way.

One good thing about this Jaguars team though is that they're young and they're built to last. I have a feeling we'll be back next year!

And in my eyes, the Saints will still be a franchise with a .400 winning percentage that has amassed a stellar 2-6 playoff record over 40 years.

you guys just cant stand that fact that people that aren't fans of the pats could actually have a pov that doesnt match the god complex that you have for your patriots....so what if his saints have a .400 winning percentage they are the team he roots for if they are good or not(and he has been here since 03 as one of their fans)...as a fan there is far more to just a franchises won loss percentage for some of us...it could be the memories we have of watching the game with our dads or stuff like that....yeah we all want to see our teams win but if they dont we will still stand by them thru thick and thin, well at least the good fans do.....winning %'s(current winning %'s) are for the fair weather bandwagon jumper....the sooner you accept that your organization was penalized for doing something against the rules and that people have the right to judge them for it the better off you will be.

so he didnt suck in CLEVLAND and the pats dont have quality ownership? :D

:D

Not fishing bro. I am still a BIG Harrison and Seau fan (how could I not be). The Pats play great ball and have the best starting roster in the league (though the age on D HAS to concern ya'alls).

But, what other factor would make me dislike a team I followed as a kid? How 'bout the slob! I'm not a Pats fan so I don't have to slob the knob of a person I think is classless!

Once again, congrats, you deserve it and the win did not suprise me at all!

:D

Not fishing bro. I am still a BIG Harrison and Seau fan (how could I not be). The Pats play great ball and have the best starting roster in the league (though the age on D HAS to concern ya'alls).

But, what other factor would make me dislike a team I followed as a kid? How 'bout the slob! I'm not a Pats fan so I don't have to slob the knob of a person I think is classless!

Once again, congrats, you deserve it and the win did not suprise me at all!

i think you meant to quote piggy..i was just pointing out some facts for you(albeit in a sarcastic manner).

Edited by keggerz

actually what is funny is that there were ZERO pats fans posting in this thread while the game was close and only until it was in the bag/over did we see any Pats fans...some will say they didnt check the PC or have their laptop out and well only they know the truth but i do know for a fact that during the 1st half I saw piggy check this thread and then he disappeared until the game was over.

you are wrong my statsaholic friend......

i was logged in THE ENTIRE game....and checked this thread a few times.

i rarely post during a Patriots game, espeically a Playoff game..to much of a distraction.

please don't feel scorned....but i luv me some Patriots more than you. :D

i rarely post during a Patriots game, espeically a Playoff game..to much of a distraction.

please don't feel scorned....but i luv me some Patriots more than you. :D

you user name was in this thread and then it wasnt...that was not a mirage :D

i think you meant to quote piggy..i was just pointing out some facts for you(albeit in a sarcastic manner).

You're right...piggy (I just had back surgery and the drugs kick in every now and then :D )

By the way, check out the first post in this thread :D (even though I meant Pats not colts in the prediction, but I think that was obvious) .

H8Tank??? It's been hours since the game ended...anyone see him around anywhere? :D

Guess we won't be seeing him for another year. Next???

Hey n00b, don't talk to an adult that way.

After the game, I got in my monster truck, drove out to the back 40 and got drunker as hell, that is my medicine after a game like that. I don't come here to whine or gloat after a game, ever. The way the Jags played, I can live with, they gave it their best, the better team won. The Pats were flawless. We needed a mistake to win, they didn't have one.

I don't know who you think you are, but I do know what you are, insignificant.

Congrats Caveman, hopefully you've been a fan longer than a year or two.

I didn't know we were supposed to check in every minute of the game. If so, I would have done so. :D

you user name was in this thread and then it wasnt...that was not a mirage :D

QUOTE(pig devilz @ 1/13/08 10:55am)

please don't feel scorned....but i luv me some Patriots more than you.

~~~

maybe you need a another cup o coffee... :D

Oh, so now you know me personally, my likes and dislikes. Please enlighten me on when I was a Chargers fan? Please.

Keep up with the name calling too, it makes you sound smart.

:D Never a Chargers fan, SuperCharger refers to LT himself. Mostly hates the Cowboys.

But a Pats fans though he sometimes denies it.

My head hurts. $7.50 drafts are not a good idea. Great game by the Jags. Congrats to them and their fans. They will be a team to reckon with again next year.

What can I say about Brady and the Pats, though? Just an awesome display. Very happy and looking forward to next Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the weather will be just as perfect.

Last night, as I suspected. The Jags lost in a footrace. They couldn't keep up the pace and the Pats pulled away in the second half. It happened to the Jags in other games with solid pass games, I called it here too.

Wow, you mean you called the game with a pats win and they would score a lot? Pretty ballsy to do that considering they are the best offense in the history of the NFL and the only 16-0 regular season team. Way to go kreskin!!! :D

That is simply AMAZING prognostication you've got there napoleon! Who do you think will win between the Seahawks and GB yesterday?

Come on man.....lets be real....this has nothing to do with the fact that the Jags were giving them a good game..... For once I just wanted to watch the game and relax. Think about it, if you're a Pats fan, at a certain point these Pats vs. Jax or whoever their playing posts are just a release for opposing fans if the Pats are losing, or a release for "I told you so" Pats fans...tired of these play by play threads during the game.

But hey...I might be there next game! :D

After disagreeing with the Jags' game plan, and mulling over it, I have changed my tune. How can you argue with a game plan that has you tied 14 all at the half with an undefeated machine. The Jags were hoping for mistakes, and to NE's credit, they did not make any. Held Moss to one catch for 14 yards. I was talking about the game to some guys at work and mentioned that the Pats have so many weapons that even if they shut down the WRs, watch out for Kevin Faulk and Maroney on the screens. The bend but not break defense of the Jags broke. Not because they sucked, but just because they were facing a machine. With the score 28-20 and the Jags having just kicked a FG(thanks to the Northcut drop), they were forced to finally bring the pressure. They almost got to Brady but we all saw what happened. He gets the ball to Stallworth on a bomb. That's what great teams will do to you. As a defense, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Congrats again to the Pats! You were the better team for sure, but the Jags sent a message that they are closing the gap.

After disagreeing with the Jags' game plan, and mulling over it, I have changed my tune. How can you argue with a game plan that has you tied 14 all at the half with an undefeated machine. The Jags were hoping for mistakes, and to NE's credit, they did not make any. Held Moss to one catch for 14 yards. I was talking about the game to some guys at work and mentioned that the Pats have so many weapons that even if they shut down the WRs, watch out for Kevin Faulk and Maroney on the screens. The bend but not break defense of the Jags broke. Not because they sucked, but just because they were facing a machine. With the score 28-20 and the Jags having just kicked a FG(thanks to the Northcut drop), they were forced to finally bring the pressure. They almost got to Brady but we all saw what happened. He gets the ball to Stallworth on a bomb. That's what great teams will do to you. As a defense, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Congrats again to the Pats! You were the better team for sure, but the Jags sent a message that they are closing the gap.

Classy post jaxfactor. Even though I'm a Pats fan, I couldn't help but think about how good Jax could be in the coming years.