[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boltz @ Pats

McBoog

:D

I just had a flashback to a playoff game where a dessimated Houston team limped into San Diego without Campbell and Pastorini and a few other starters and shocked an "unstoppable" Fouts led offense and a D with a fierace pass rush!

One can only hope :D

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest from a CHarger homer.

There has been such little conversation in this thread...

Is this game SO obvious to everyone regarding the outcome that it deserves no conversation?

If this thread is an indication of how the networks feel about NATIONAL fan interest level, then WOW, they must be Bummed with this matchup?!?!

Sorry with all the talk of Class Act Peyton and Class Act Dungy, I'd figure the fans would be the same way. Oops. :D

Why do idiots talk about booing the girl. They did not boo the girl they booed the jersey. It would happen in Every stadium and idiots like waterman who keep talking about this are clueless. It is normal and what being a fan (fanatic) is all about.

Waterman do you have kids? Do you baby them?

Is this game SO obvious to everyone regarding the outcome that it deserves no conversation?

If this thread is an indication of how the networks feel about NATIONAL fan interest level, then WOW, they must be Bummed with this matchup?!?!

Watching some of the sports shows and what not you would think the game is over.They all think being undefeated makes them unbeatable and any opinion to the contrary is met with a state of shock.

.The Chargers need to put Brady on his back more than a 10 cent hooker to start with and thats the key.I thought the Jags had the offense to beat them,but their defenseive pressure on Brady was what I figured would cost them in the end.

Without an aggessive defense that can get Brady uncomfortable your offense will have to be perfect to beat the Patriots,I havent watched enough of the Chargers to say first hand the have an aggressive defense,but from what I have read they seem to.

Not having Rivers will hurt,but if you have an aggressive defense you can get by with a backup or struggling QB(Bohler,Freeley,Eli).Especially if you have a healthy LT who can force them to think run first.

The Patriots defense is average,their offense is what makes their defense better by eating clock, getting big leads and forcing teams to become predictable.

If the Chargers can get Brady to move around then I think the outcome will be far from the assumed results.

Edited by xtra

The Pats ROLL in this game...sad to say but the Chargers will not be able to keep them from reaching the SB...and if Jamal Williams doesnt play it will be even uglier because Maroney will be able to put up some very good numbers too

Outside of devout football fans, I don't think many people know or care about the Chargers. Sure, they have some great players, but they aren't exactly household names. The Chargers are about as nondescript as a team comes.

Green Bay has Favre. New England has Brady. New York has New York. San Diego has nice weather.

I'll be waiting for your game-score prediction later in the week. :D

My optimism was higher earlier in the week when I was thinking Rivers would be more of a "probable" start instead of a "doubtful" one and before there was any mention of a partial ACL tear...

Still, I believe in the Chargers and their quality of depth and talent and the way they've been playing over the last 8 weeks. The odds are way stacked against us, but we have a chance. The Chargers still have a number of playmakers and great athletes on both sides of the ball and on special teams and can make things interesting. Rivers may be limited or might not play at all, but we still have LT, Turner, and Sproles and a decent OLine to pound the rock. If the weather and winds have any negative affect on the passing game, this would be to our advantage.

Chargers 24, Patriots 21

My optimism was higher earlier in the week when I was thinking Rivers would be more of a "probable" start instead of a "doubtful" one and before there was any mention of a partial ACL tear...

Still, I believe in the Chargers and their quality of depth and talent and the way they've been playing over the last 8 weeks. The odds are way stacked against us, but we have a chance. The Chargers still have a number of playmakers and great athletes on both sides of the ball and on special teams and can make things interesting. Rivers may be limited or might not play at all, but we still have LT, Turner, and Sproles and a decent OLine to pound the rock. If the weather and winds have any negative affect on the passing game, this would be to our advantage.

Chargers 24, Patriots 21

You think the Pats will only score 21? They will have that at the half...

The biggest dif between the SEP DEF and today is that they have unleashed Phillips and Merriman. NE has its biggest problems when they get pressure off the edge. I don't think we have to put him on his back, just make him uncomfortable and move around. This breaks the timing so important to that offense.

Ability wise, there is not a lot of diff between Volek and Rivers, the personalities are what are so different.

The Boltz shut the Pats down pretty well in the second half of their first game when the Pats were still trying to roll it up on all teams.

I can't wait to see what happens. Like I said, the Chargers were in the SAME EXACT POSITION when they went into Pitt and won the AFC crown for their only SB appearance. It could happen, and I am not giving up till the game is clearly over.

Chargers 24, Patriots 21

I hope your skill at predicting scores continues this week! :D

The Boltz shut the Pats down pretty well in the second half of their first game when the Pats were still trying to roll it up on all teams.

hmmm, that's not how i remember it.....

~The Chargers opened the second half by showing a little offensive life. Rivers relied mainly on his two stars, Tomlinson and Gates.

Gates caught four passes and Tomlinson carried six times down to the Patriots 1-yard line. From there Lorenzo Neal caught a pass out of backfield for the score on fourth and goal. It was a 16-play drive to make the score 24-7. The problem for San Diego, it took over half the third quarter.

By the time San Diego got the ball back, New England had tacked on another seven points and there was under three minutes left in the third.

On the drive, Sammy Morris carried four times, hitting holes with authority behind a Patriots offensive line that was opening them. On the Chargers 43, Brady hit Moss for 15 yards on a crossing pattern. Two plays later it was Moss down the left sideline for a 24-yard touchdown against a mixed-up San Diego defensive backfield.

Play moved into the fourth quarter and the Chargers weren't laying down. Aided by a 37-yard pass interference call on Ellis Hobbs covering Buster Davis, Rivers passed his way down to the Patriots 12 where he hit Gates who reached over the goal line for the Chargers second score of the night.

Perhaps the Patriots began to feel just a little hot under the collar when Hobbs' had the ball knocked loose from behind on the ensuing kick return. Hobbs had a good return going but Kassim Osgood came from behind and punched the ball out of his arm. Quentin Jammer recovered and the Chargers were first and 10 on the New England 31.

The San Diego hopes were short-lived. On first down Mike Vrabel sacked Rivers for a loss of 10. On second down it was Colvin doing the same while also jarring the ball loose. San Diego recovered but now faced a third and 30. Rivers third down attempt was behind Tomlinson and the Chargers had no choice but to punt.

New England was merciless, going up 38-14 on a 91-yard drive. Maroney ran for 40 yards on the drive and Watson had a nice 14-yard grab on third and 3 that be broke a tackle on and went for 14 yards. On fourth and 1 from the three, the Patriots went for six and Morris ran it in virtually untouched behind the left side of the Patriots line to wrap up the night's scoring.~

24-0 at the half....38-14 final. :D

Edited by pig devilz

Outside of devout football fans, I don't think many people know or care about the Chargers. Sure, they have some great players, but they aren't exactly household names. The Chargers are about as nondescript as a team comes.

Green Bay has Favre. New England has Brady. New York has New York. San Diego has nice weather.

San Diego will need to win a Super Bowl to change this perception.

Looks like Gates didn't last. And LT appears to be having knee issues too.

Is it just me or does this game feel weird? It seems like it should be the Patriots vs. Colts. Could be just me though.

gates returned(they said it was an equipment issue)