[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Memory Foam

AtomicCEO

My wife and I were really interested in getting some memory foam because neither of us sleep tremendously well. We wake up, we toss and turn, general sleep stuff... neither of us have insomnia or anything.

I bought a 4 inch memory foam topper from Serta, and put it on the bed, because so many people have recommended it and raved about it. It's cool, that's for sure.

But neither one of us are sleeping any better... I actually think I sleep worse on it. When I do go to turn in the night, I'm all sunk in, and I end up waking up more because it's an effort just to turn over. Is this abnormal? Does anyone love their memory foam? Does anyone else have a problem with memory foam? Is it psychosomatic, and I'll get used to it?

Man that's great info. Wife and I haven't been sleeping well and we were considering a new mattress - and perhaps a "memory foam" one... or at very least, doing what you did with the foam topper pad.

Your complaints make total sense and I'm interested to see what others with more experience with these have to say.

We have a memory foam mattress pad and I really love it. My wife has never had a problem sleeping so she wouldn't be much help here. I am a side sleeper and change quite frequently through the night but sleep much better now. We have had it a little over a year and I am very glad we got it.

We have a memory foam mattress pad and I really love it. My wife has never had a problem sleeping so she wouldn't be much help here. I am a side sleeper and change quite frequently through the night but sleep much better now. We have had it a little over a year and I am very glad we got it.

Of course she sleeps well after that thrashing :D

We have the mattress topper with memory foam too. Most awesome substance on earth. We're both more comfortable than before. I have neck and back soreness issues and while they haven't gone away, I'm much better off than before. I even have one of those memory foam pillows.

The one knock on it my husband has is that it's warmer to sleep on than the regular mattress was. This is a great feature for me, but not for him.

I guess it must be you. :D

Memory foam is entirely subjective. It won't matter how many "for" or "against" you hear, you just have to try it out for yourself. Note: all memory foam is not created equal. There is a "density" rating to the foam that matters quite a bit. That matters more than the inch thickness really. You can have 4 inches, but be less dense, so you sink into it, don't really get any support, and you have the trapped feeling. We tried a cheaper 1.5" topper from Target or some such place and it was useless. There was no support at all. I returned it.

Then we heard about a place on the internet and got their recommended 2" king sized topper.

Me? I love it. It can get a little warm like Czar mentioned, but its not too much for me so long as I sleep with just a sheet in the summer.

Her? She hated it. She just likes a really firm bed.

The place we got it from, however, is awesome. It has a money back guarantee for any reason. We returned the king and just got a extra long twin for my side. My parents bought a queen from the same place, and love it. IMO, this place gets it right:

Healthyfoundations.com

Edited by The Irish Doggy

My wife and I were really interested in getting some memory foam because neither of us sleep tremendously well. We wake up, we toss and turn, general sleep stuff... neither of us have insomnia or anything.

I bought a 4 inch memory foam topper from Serta, and put it on the bed, because so many people have recommended it and raved about it. It's cool, that's for sure.

But neither one of us are sleeping any better... I actually think I sleep worse on it. When I do go to turn in the night, I'm all sunk in, and I end up waking up more because it's an effort just to turn over. Is this abnormal? Does anyone love their memory foam? Does anyone else have a problem with memory foam? Is it psychosomatic, and I'll get used to it?

could be you both need a denser foam and/or a firmer mattress.

We have the mattress topper with memory foam too. Most awesome substance on earth. We're both more comfortable than before. I have neck and back soreness issues and while they haven't gone away, I'm much better off than before. I even have one of those memory foam pillows.

The one knock on it my husband has is that it's warmer to sleep on than the regular mattress was. This is a great feature for me, but not for him.

I guess it must be you. :D

Are you my wife? She could have written the exact same paragraph inserting Tempur-pedic for mattress topper. Wow.

We got the topper for our futon, I generally like sleeping on a hard surface but my back ached every morning when I woke up. It totally helped with the aches and pains. I love it. Yes, it is an effort to roll over but I sleep better because I only roll over a couple of times and I used to get woken up by the aches at least 5-6 times a night. As others have said, don't go cheap as not all foam is created equal.

Tempur-pedic is the way to go. ITS the best 4,000 dollars I ever spent. Comes with a 20 year or a lifetime guarantee. I really cant remember. But all and all I have had mine for about 3 years. I went from toss and turning to sleeping like a baby. Its great plus I have arthritis and it helps tremendously. So I guess it really depends on how bad you want to sleep well. Also remember it sounds like its a lot of money. But you spend more time in the bed than your car, job, video game or big screen tv. You will use it for an average of 6-10 hours on any given night. But last but not least all that running around you will do all starts with a good night sleep and if you don't get it. IF your like me my employees have hell to pay.