[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT/Darth Vader

pig devilz

The SD Union-Tribune today contained many comments by media-types and fans questioning LT's actions yesterday. One commentary by Peter Clark, a UT reporter, sums up the local reaction best:

Philip Rivers: Two bad knees. Took two aspirin and played.

Injured LT: Took two aspirin and sat down.

Injured Antonio Gates: Guess he took three aspirin. Didn't hunker down on bench.

I myself found LT's game-time behavior to be pretty bizarre. I wasn't the only one. We had a houseful of people over for the game, and we all thought his behavior was strange. The shot of him sitting immobile on the bench for the whole game will be forever etched in my memory. Maybe it'll come out later what really was going on, but right now I'm flummoxed by what I saw.

I'm also not happy with the way the Chargers handled reporting the status of the injuries. Today it was revealed that Rivers had surgery last week so he could play yesterday. There was no report of that last week. Norv denied the torn ACL reports last week. Now Rivers' ACL is "totally gone" and he needs reconstructive surgery and a 6 month rehab. Last week we were told LT had a hyperextended knee. Now it's been revealed that he had a sprained MCL. I'm not sure I can believe anything the Chargers report about injuries any more. I know other teams bend the truth about injuries too. The Patriots and Broncos are classic examples. I just didn't want the Chargers to follow suit.

Edited by Chargerz

LT's teammates find it comical to think that the national media is questioning his toughness.

For those who think he might have lost respect among his teammates, scrap that. His teammates just voted him team MVP and Offensive Player of the year today.

To clarify, most of us are not questioning LT's toughness, what we are questioning is his leadership abilities and attitude. I don't think it's a surprise or a testament to his leadership abilities that his teammmates voted him MVP. Being voted the MVP really has nothing to do with what most of us are saying about LT. Besides, who else gets the vote? Nobody on that team stood out and had a great offensive season.

Edited by theprofessor

I'm thinking he was on some powerful meds. It's just not normal to sit still like that the whole game. The other thought I have is that he was just very depressed/sad to not be able to compete in the biggest game of the yr. and was sulking instead of cheering.

Perhaps he has a bit of the Herschel Walker syndrome?

I'm thinking he was on some powerful meds. It's just not normal to sit still like that the whole game. The other thought I have is that he was just very depressed/sad to not be able to compete in the biggest game of the yr. and was sulking instead of cheering.

Perhaps he has a bit of the Herschel Walker syndrome?

Looked more like Ricky with his helmet on the whole day.

It seems like Norv Turner has never wanted the team to rely totally on LT this year. Like it's ok when we screw up because LT will break one on the next drive anyway. That mentallity is gone. There seems to be a disconnect between the coach and his best player this year.

LT was my favorite player going into the championship. He is no longer my favorite player and I have lost tremendeous respect for the guy.

Last year he acted like a baby when he lost to Pats (regardless if he was provoked, this guy is suppose to be a true leader and a major face for the NFL).

And this year, he sat there like a sack of potatoes. Ok I give him the benefit of the doubt he is hurt he cant play. But dont sit there like your miserable. He is a true leader and his team should worship him. He should have gotten up high five Rivers, Turner, Gates. He should have done something. Football is a team sport and sometimes when you cant play you can still contribute.

ALSO to add, a few weeks back when Rivers played like crap, Rivers came to sit next to LT and LT got up and walked away from him.

I am sorry LT but I had enough ....grow up.

Its hard for me to write this because as I said LT was my favorite player. I have multiple spamshirts, football cards, the whole nine.

I lost respect for him.

Edited by MrTed46

There seems to be a disconnect between the coach and his best player this year.

Well considering LT and Marty were like father and son to each other, yeah, totally makes sense. He comes of the best season of his career and then loses and father figure who happens to be his coach.

Well considering LT and Marty were like father and son to each other, yeah, totally makes sense. He comes of the best season of his career and then loses and father figure who happens to be his coach.

His real father also died in a car accident before camp.

LT had a tough season in a lot of ways and still scored more TDs than any RB and earned the rushing title.

Just 'cause some think he should have put on a tube top and mini-skirt and broke out the pom-poms is just dumb. He just has never been that type of player. LT let's what he does on the field do his talking, and sadly in this game was not able to do what he does. Does he do outlandish TD dances and "first down" dances? No. He acts on the field like he's done it before. Y'all can rag him all you want. It is wierd how in this country we try to bring those at the top back to earth with the rest of us average folks.

Have your opinion, fine. But my point earlier was that those who have followed him, for years/seasons, and watched ALL of his games, know the poor kid was hurting inside more than outside. Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me if he didn't act the way YOU think he should have. His team still voted him MVP. They are onviously POed with him. :wacko:

You still gonna pass him up if you have the #1 pick again in your FF draft? :D

AND BTW... :wacko:

Tomlinson turmoil

LaDainian Tomlinson was clearly stunned by the criticism of his not playing more than four snaps in the Chargers' AFC Championship Game loss Sunday. But he did not lash out at the people who are ripping him for letting his team down.

“I don't have big expectations and high hopes in people,” he said. “I know how they change. I'll just keep on going and see what they say next year. If we win the championship next year, we'll see then.”

One thing that was evidently not noticed by the national media or fans complaining about Tomlinson's demeanor on the sideline Sunday is that he was standing up most of the times when the offense was on the field and was talking on the bench with Michael Turner when the defense was on the field.

“I was definitely depressed,” he said. “But I was there for guys.”

I'm glad that your limited perspective from what the TV chooses to show you effects your opinion on the character of someone you don't know!

Bum, bump, bum bum...

People say believe half of what you see,

Son, and none of what you hear.

:D