[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heath Ledger

justin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heath Ledger was a very popular actor in the younger generation, something the Huddle doesn't really have. The guy was nominated for an Oscar. That has to mean something.

And once again, nothing conclusive has really come up about his death it seems. Some of you guys are unreal.

Heath Ledger was a very popular actor in the younger generation, something the Huddle doesn't really have. The guy was nominated for an Oscar. That has to mean something.

And once again, nothing conclusive has really come up about his death it seems. Some of you guys are unreal.

He either died by suicide or died by stupid, and as a result left a daughter without a Daddy. That's about as selfish as you can get. The only thing unreal about it is the fact that he didn't give a sh*t enough to change his ways. You want to put him on a pedestal because he was a flipping actor? I'd rather view him as a human being, who cares that he made a few movies, how does that exempt him from anything?

He either died by suicide or died by stupid, and as a result left a daughter without a Daddy. That's about as selfish as you can get. The only thing unreal about it is the fact that he didn't give a sh*t enough to change his ways. You want to put him on a pedestal because he was a flipping actor? I'd rather view him as a human being, who cares that he made a few movies, how does that exempt him from anything?

Where did I put him on pedestal? If he did commit sucicide, I totally agree with you. That said, everything about it RELEASED says accidental. We probably won't know the whole truth and it should be that way frankly. Lot of kids lose parents due to accidents.

And change what ways? Explain to me what you know that obviously no one else knows about and please provide links.

Get real man and don't assume, nice try though, really. All I said was that IMO he was a great actor and it's sad that he is no longer on this planet. And I said there has been nothing conclusive besides the fact that people are saying it was accidental. That's it.

Edited by Goopster24

Where did I put him on pedestal? If he did commit sucicide, I totally agree with you. That said, everything about it RELEASED says accidental. We probably won't know the whole truth and it should be that way frankly. Lot of kids lose parents due to accidents.

And change what ways? Explain to me what you know that obviously no one else knows about and please provide links.

Get real man and don't assume, nice try though, really. All I said was that IMO he was a great actor and it's sad that he is no longer on this planet. And I said there has been nothing conclusive besides the fact that people are saying it was accidental. That's it.

"He was nominate for an Oscar, that has to mean something". OK, if that's not making excuses for the guy, or putting him on a pedestal, what is it that you are implying that has any relevance to someone who either OD'ed or killled himself? Accidentally OD'ing, to me, means he was a very irresponsible father, that's all.

And you're a kid that can read, so just look up some stories on Heath Ledger and you'll find that he was doind drugs and drinking in excess. I have no desire to do the work for you.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

ignore the small one he is going for daddy of the year

Nah, not at all, let's just say the concept of killing yourself or OD'ing when you have kids hits a special nerve with me because of past experiences, but thanks for your kind thoughts. :oldrolleyes.

"He was nominate for an Oscar, that has to mean something". OK, if that's not making excuses for the guy, or putting him on a pedestal, what is it that you are implying that has any relevance to someone who either OD'ed or killled himself? Accidentally OD'ing, to me, means he was a very irresponsible father, that's all.

And you're a kid that can read, so just look up some stories on Heath Ledger and you'll find that he was doind drugs and drinking in excess. I have no desire to do the work for you.

Are you kidding? Him being nominated for an Oscar was a credit to his acting ability, not the possibility of him being a bad father. If I put him on a pedestal, I did so within the acting world, not humanity or parenting. C'mon now!

And it does seem like more news is coming up about his possile heroin addiction. Although no illegal drugs were found in his body at the time of his death, it is sad that he went down this road.

Please note (which you probably won't) that they said he was he rehab. You will probably assume that I think that means everything is peachy but that probably isn't the case. It does look like he had more problems and that is a shame. I do agree it is sad that now his daughter will grow up without a father, one who was entrenched in his own possibly horrid ways.

Edited by Goopster24

The media reports about sleeping pills and everyone is ready to condemn him as an addict. I'd wait to see what it truly is before passing judgement.

And precisely why I was questioning some spitting on a dude's grave before the whole story comes in.

Ledger may have died of natural causes.

Now just don't ask me why I surf TMZ. :D

:wacko:

And precisely why I was questioning some spitting on a dude's grave before the whole story comes in.

Ledger may have died of natural causes.

Now just don't ask me why I surf TMZ. :wacko:

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

This sounds like someone is grasping for another explanation.

[Miracle Max]He's only mostly toxic enough to have assuredly died from drug overdoes[/Miracle Max]

I think that's possibly jumping to the wrong conclusion. Not EVRY death by drug is 'death by stupid." From what I've been reading, he was exhausted from filming and possibly had walking pnemonia. It is very possible he took a recommended dose of whatever he had been given (either prescription or OTC) and his body had slipped to a point where it was too weak to handle it.

I recently had surgery and discovered that, for instance, vicodin does nothing for me. I talked to so many who were like "oh, you're going to love it" when in fact it did nothing to diminish any pain of mine, and when I took 3 tablets one night (instead of the recommended two it in fact kept me up and made my heart slightly race. And the pain remained.

So my poiny is everyone metabolizes drugs in different ways. Perhaps that's what happened here, and the results should come in before passing judgement on 'death by stupid' which I'll admit it does appear, but only cursory/on the surface.

And before you knock my large vicodin dosage, I checked that I had the 'normal pills' of lesser dosage as opposed to the pills that are maxed (i think 750mg) so I took the 3 pills to try to meet a 2 pill max dosage without pushing myself what were the published safe limits of vicodin. My dad also said the same thing about the drug, which leads me to believe things like this are hereditary and we're not a "vicodin knocks us on our ass" family.

Edited to add: written before I bothered to follow the tmz link.

Edited by Pope Flick

Rick James died of "natural causes" as well. But we all know what led to his early demise.

I suppose it's possible that Ledger has some sort of genetic disposition towards heart abnormalities (like Darryl Kile). And that would be truly sad. But it doesn't change the fact that this guy had a child to take care of, but made the decision to screw up his engagement with excessive drug/alcohol use and by cheating on his fiancee. Even if he had lived, one has to wonder what kind of father he would've been. Addicts typically don't make for good fathers.

• 2 weeks later...
So, all of you guys that were bashing me, can you now concede that he died by stupid?

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

An accidental overdose is one thing but it appears the idiot was taking more than he should have.