[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lost

T-Scorp

No but told the other doctor to go upstairs and see if his dad was drunker than he was. Or something like that.

I think he was so heavily medicated that he thought his dad was still alive. The doctor gave him a pretty big sympathy look when Jack said that.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same way. Netflix really has me spoiled. I like watching episodes back to back and with no commercials. We got hooked on 24 through Netflix and got completely caught up before the start of the Season 6 (whatever the last season was). It was almost painful to have to wait a week between episodes.

Agree, Blockbuster online and DVR has changed how we watch TV... We just finished season 6 last week and we both wondered what now? :D:D Guess we've finally got to catch up on our "que" of movies.

Definitely pumped about the new season, we'll be watching.

Edit: Wish I could type... :wacko:

Edited by nhoops

I'm the same way. Netflix really has me spoiled. I like watching episodes back to back and with no commercials. We got hooked on 24 through Netflix and got completely caught up before the start of the Season 6 (whatever the last season was). It was almost painful to have to wait a week between episodes.

We'll see how Lost goes but I'm sure the week long wait between episodes will annoy me.

I recently dumped the movie channels on DirecTV because I didn't enjoy getting screwed by the high cost every month for a bunch of the same ole bad movies and was thinking of signing up for Netflix. I was probably just going to get the Netflix package for 2 movies at a time for $14. Does a whole season of a show like Lost count as one DVD..even though there are probably 5 or more in the box? Just curious how it works.

I recently dumped the movie channels on DirecTV because I didn't enjoy getting screwed by the high cost every month for a bunch of the same ole bad movies and was thinking of signing up for Netflix. I was probably just going to get the Netflix package for 2 movies at a time for $14. Does a whole season of a show like Lost count as one DVD..even though there are probably 5 or more in the box? Just curious how it works.

Pretty sure each disk in the set counts as one. So if you were going to rent a 5 DVD set, you would have to get 2, return them, get 2 more, and then get the final one. At least thats how it worked when I did it.

They have the 1st 8 episodes written and in the bag. Need the writer's strike to end, and pretty darn soon I would think, in order for the balance of the 16 episodes to get done in an un-interrupted manner.

I think there's gonna be another long hiatus after the 8th episode. Given where things stand now anyway.

if you get the 2-at-a-time, then, like zia said, get the first two discs (which should be six episodes). after you finish the first disc, send it back right away, watch the second disc, then when you're done with that one you should have the third, send the second back, and so on. i've had netflix in 3 different cities, and the turnaround for me has always been 2 days -- i send it, they get it the next day, i get the new disc a day later. just know that netflix has no one working on saturdays, so if you send a movie back on friday, the earliest you'll get the next one is tuesday.

I think he was so heavily medicated that he thought his dad was still alive. The doctor gave him a pretty big sympathy look when Jack said that.

Well said!

My thoughts/opinions on a couple things (don't read them if you want a different angle taken on somethings):

1. We dont know whose funeral that was. It was a man and Jack was the ONLY one to attend. Actually it was a viewing, not a funeral. The funeral home director asked Jack if he was "Friend or Family" and Jack replied....."Niether".....So whoever's death this was, they must have made alot of enemies on that island for NO ONE to show up. I was thinking that was Ben's casket because of all the people he has effected in a negative way.

2. That boat 80 miles off shore hasta be Dharma, why else would Ben be so angry that the phone call was made. My opinion is Dharma is coming back because they had so many lives taken when Ben mass murdered them all. Also, Dharma has not heard from any of their crew in a very long time.....remember, Ben had the signal jammed.

3. Locke does NOT want to leave the island. The island gives him life, gives him hope, and gives him two legs that work.

4. Jacob is not real. I feel that Ben has two personalities, and Jacob is actually Ben #2.

5. I have a feeling, I do not know where it came from, but I feel we are going to see Mike and or Walt again very soon.

6. Hurley aka tubs of fun (acording to Sawyer) is going to do something drastic to hurt someone or something. The man is surrounded by bad luck, and I think it's going to be Season 4 where Bad Luck gets worse.

7. I do not trust JULIET one bit!! She is doing whatever she can to get off that island. She will stab anybody in the back to help herself! Watch that lady!

8. Jin-Su is the coolest guy on the island, hands down. He would last at least 30 seconds with Chuck Norris (maybe)

9. RIP Charlie Pace

Just some thoughts - Cant wait till 9pm Eastern!

Edited by BigMikeinNY

Ugh! Lost just tortures me!

Definitely some interesting twists tonight.

Oceanic 6 really threw me. Makes me believe that they either left people behind or they died on the island.

I'm lost more than ever now. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

Definitely some interesting twists tonight.

Oceanic 6 really threw me. Makes me believe that they either left people behind or they died on the island.

I'm lost more than ever now. :wacko:

I think the rest stayed with Locke and Ben.

enjoyed the episode, but it's killing me knowing that there likely will be only 8 episodes this year. they should call it "lost: season 4 -- blue balls."

the producers planned 48 total episodes spanning the final 3 seasons, with 16 each season. so if we get no more this year, they can still do two 20-episode seasons, which is still a fewer number than most shows.

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't watched yet:

Who are the Oceanic 6?

Hurley, Jack, Kate we know for sure.

Juliet?, Sawyer? Ben?, Jin-Su and his wife (and child)?, The older guy and his african american wife (names escape me)?

In the episode Jack mentions growing a beard.......That makes us think that last nights episode happened before the end of last season when he was a drunk with a beard.... :wacko:

Liked last nights episode. Here are a few thoughts...

Agree that the future flashes took place before last season finale.

Interesting that Hurley appologized to Jack about choosing to go with Locke instead of him....

Not sure if I like the future flashes... I keep thinking they are all part of an alternate reality...

It will be interesting to see who the Oceanic 6 are, and when they will reveal the other three. My bet is Locke and Sawyer...not sure of the 6th

I think the funeral was Locke's... he would not have anybody there because he had no family (ex wife I think) and the fact that Hurley indicated those who went with Locke made the wrong choice would account for none of the other 5 being there. He would not be a "friend" of Jack.

Penny knows they are there... but is she part of the "good" guys or "bad" guys.

Spoiler Alert for those who haven't watched yet:

Who are the Oceanic 6?

Hurley, Jack, Kate we know for sure.

Two clues:

In the season 3 finale, when Kate meets Jack she says something to the effect of "I have to go. He's going to wonder where I am...." before leaving. Is she referring to Sawyer?

Also, the funeral home. No one attended the service. Meaning no family. And Jack was not a friend, it seems that we're dealing with either Locke or Ben.

During that awful show featuring the male attorney in San Francisco who listens to George Michael (note I did not say gay), there was the Oceanic Airlines ad for the lifetime gold pass featuring quick splices of someone asking for help, and footage of plane wreckage (looked underwater to me). Not sure if that has any significance, or it just forced me and the sigO to watch Sick Boy act American for an hour.

Got to love Lost. The only show that can start a new season by airing 2 reruns. :wacko: But hey, at least the 3rd show was finally something new on TV.

Edit: And i thought the subs on Wed's episode were pretty funny.

Edited by myhousekey

Other thoughts:

Does Hurley being in the mental ward have anything to do with Season 1 (or early Season 2 - can't remember) flashbacks when Hurley was in a mental ward with that blonde chick that wound up dying on the island?

Charlie seemed pretty real to Hurley in the mental ward, so maybe the life off of the island is different than life on the island.

Edited by justin

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Thursday's episode, which was the second. It was awesome.

It's funny that the new people from the helicopter have dropped in on two fighting factions and craziness, just like the survivors of 815 did.

Still love the show even though every week there are more questions than answers.

That is a good observation Hook.. The word is, and it makes sense, that

Michael is the undercover guy that Ben has on the boat.. It would make sense since he is credited this season.

Pretty fun ride so far..

Locke did make reference to the fact that Walt told him to not trust the boat people.