[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, if you're like 35ish, did you listen to this in High School?

Hugh 0ne

:wacko: Dude - I actually went to their concert. I will say this about it, however: one of the greatest opening acts I ever saw occurred that night. Steve Howe and Hackett took turns playing solo classical guitar for about 30 minutes each, then did a duet for another 15-20.

Edited March 13.

Chappy is Irish.

Edited by taterhead

I was keeding with that clip.

I listened to mostly country music but also ZZ Top in the late 70's. But I did come of age during the Disco years and that is what they played in all the non-Country bars. Disco was acceptable only in that most the women went to Disco bars.

Sound quality doesn't do the bass line justice....Man I got to see these guys again.

Meh... one of my fave bands still today, base doff strength of their earlier albums like Reality, Monkey and Truth. But I stopped going to see them somewhere around 03 or so... barely anybody left in the band (Angelo and Dirty Walt are only two left I think) and the sound isn't as full anymore, too much use of that weird instrument that Angelo plays (hi pitched sound device). Maybe if I hadn't seen the band live in their full glory, and watched them slowly fade away over the years, I might still be into them. It's just not "Fishbone" anymore.

Meh... one of my fave bands still today, base doff strength of their earlier albums like Reality, Monkey and Truth. But I stopped going to see them somewhere around 03 or so... barely anybody left in the band (Angelo and Dirty Walt are only two left I think)

Wiki says that Dirty Walt left in 2003...I didn't know that ...that leaves Angelo and Norwood as the only founding members. They lost a lot when Jones left the band for a cult.

Wiki says that Dirty Walt left in 2003...I didn't know that ...that leaves Angelo and Norwood as the only founding members. They lost a lot when Jones left the band for a cult.

Yeah, that was the real beginning of the end. The irony of his going nuts was his last great song was "Servitude" on Give a Monkey... and the whole song is basicly ABOUT religion controling people.

Damn, they were great. It made buying their latest albums all the more painful. They never were bad, but when you put out a library like their first 5 albums (up til Monkey) you have set the bar way high to make up for the creative losses.

Yeah, that was the real beginning of the end. The irony of his going nuts was his last great song was "Servitude" on Give a Monkey... and the whole song is basicly ABOUT religion controling people.

Damn, they were great. It made buying their latest albums all the more painful. They never were bad, but when you put out a library like their first 5 albums (up til Monkey) you have set the bar way high to make up for the creative losses.

Truth and Soul was the only album that I thought was truly produced well. I love a lot of the other earlier stuff they put out, but they are a band meant to watch live. And even at there "height of popularity" they were always accessible and easy to BS with after shows. Of course, Angelo seemed more interested in my wife than anything.