[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scent Of A Woman

Menudo

Yes, I'm about 10 years late on this. Have there ever been movies that you know or heard were good, but, you just never got around to watching them ? This was one of those for me. I just watched it the other night, and I was blown away by Pacino's performance. I never could put Pacino up with the likes of Deniro or Nicholson, but, this movie might inch him closer. It was definitely his best performance since the Godfather.

Still haven't seen Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I heard there was a really hot chick in the movie that worked in the bike shop.

Honestly, I can't even begin to count up the amount of good/great movies that I've missed seeing over the years.

Five Easy Pieces
I think that flick is completely overrated. I was just annoyed with him the entire time until it finally freaking ended. Good riddance dude.

There are some great lines and solid scenes, but...

i disagree. i can see why some people think it is a boring film, but i loved it. nicholson is absolutely fantastic in that...his performance there took me from thinking he was a very good actor with maybe a little too much reliance on some over-the-top scthick, to thinking he's one of the best actors ever on film.

well, godfather 2, serpico, scarface and dog day afternoon were all after godfather -- and they all blow scent of a woman away.

Well, I wasn't saying that the movie was better, I've seen Godfather 2 and Scarface and agree they are both better than Scent Of A Woman. I was talking about Pacino's acting performance in the movie.

i disagree. i can see why some people think it is a boring film, but i loved it. nicholson is absolutely fantastic in that...his performance there took me from thinking he was a very good actor with maybe a little too much reliance on some over-the-top scthick, to thinking he's one of the best actors ever on film.

It wasn't so much boring but I just didn't see what the big deal was. In general, I usually want somebody to pull for in a movie. It doesn't need to be obvious like Hoosiers or anything, but I find it irritating to watch a flick where everyone in it either inspires distaste (his character), pity (his dumb girlfriend) or nothing (basically everyone else).

When you're a total loser, like he was in that flick, I don't find it entertaining that you're a smart ass because, at the end of the day, you're just some poor misguided rich kid who doesn't have enough sense to use your brain. If there's anything worse than a loser, it's a loser with an attitude.

Well, I wasn't saying that the movie was better, I've seen Godfather 2 and Scarface and agree they are both better than Scent Of A Woman. I was talking about Pacino's acting performance in the movie.

well, for the record, i was talking about pacino's performances in those as well. but yeah, the movies themselves blow SOAW away, too.