[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

will you marry me?

tonorator

We get our share of proposals in restaurants I've been involved with. This is the funniest:

I used to run a very small bistro that had a small mezzanine section with only two tables. For obvious reasons, they were the most coveted tables in the joint. One night a guy had called ahead and reserved one of them, "for a very special occasion". No prob.

Now, I'm in the kitchen nearly the entire time so this is pretty much second hand, the waiter was giving us blow by blow account the entire night. Girl was pretty cute and sort of young. Dude was older and very much a dork. So, the waiter goes to the table and introduces himself and the guy says, "Adam, tonight I will be proposing to this lovely woman here." Adam, the waiter then glances towards the woman and she's got a very disturbed look on her face. He does the specials in what was a rather tense moment and leaves.

About 20 minutes later, Adam comes back to the kitchen and tells us the guy just told him, "Adam, she's not going for it. What do you think I should do?" He was speachless 'cause the chick is sitting right freaking there! I forget what he said but, needless to say, it did not go well.

Looking at the comments on that site, all or most of the rejected proposals appear to be fake.

The "Almost Late Show" definitely faked. We know the keyboardist, and the couple Mike & Lynn and they know each other. They are a couple but he proposed at the Grand Canyon and she said "Yes". This was Austin cable access.

"Adam, tonight I will be proposing to this lovely woman here."

"Adam, she's not going for it. What do you think I should do?"

What a freakin' tool! :wacko:

I know that hindsight is 20/20 but it would have been great if the Waiter would have just given the guy a ton of advice as if the woman wasn't even there. "Make sure you get her to sign a prenup because she looks like a gold digger to me."