[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many Huddlers Come From Oregon and Washington

Reverand2Cent

Im just curious to see How many Huddlers Come From Oregon and Washington

Im From Salem Oregon and have been a Huddler off and on Since Skippy was a Moderator And ive always wonderd how close some of you where from Salem :wacko:

Edited by Reverand2Cent

Im just curious to see How many Huddlers Come From Oregon and Washington

Im From Salem Oregon and have been a Huddler off and on Since Skippy was a Moderator And ive always wonderd how close some of you where from Salem :wacko:<--

Is this an isleseeya alias ?

Live in Bend, OR-land of freakin long winters, powder skiing, but most powder days you can't see 2 ft in front of you and you get vertigo, and 3 months of absolutely gorgeous summers 80-90 degrees and not a cloud in the sky-we only get 10 inches of rain a year. Actually I'm learning the best months to ski here are March and April since there's still plenty of snow and it's warmer. For some reason the "flatlanders" all flock here in Dec.-Feb. Last Sunday it was a bluebird day with 6 inches of freshy and the mountain was vacant.

I'm from the beautiful state of Washington. I live in a town 40 minutes South of Seattle called Puyallup. I commission an Auction league pitting owners from Oregon against owners from Washington.

I just moved from Puyallup to Sumner, WA. (2 miles)

-DD21

Newcastle, Wa here. I can see the Seahawks new HQ right off of 405 from the top of my roof (I'm only about 0.8 miles from it.) Funny how many of my neighbors (well not my actual neighbors but people in my neighborhood) have filed lawsuits against Paul Allen. Last I heard it was north of 25 lawsuits.

That beautiful (to me) structure is way beyond the height regulations that is zoned for that area, blocking a lot of upper class peoples view of Lake Washington and they are p-ssed.

Hey, can we change the name of this thread?? Washingtonian's really don't appreciate being associated with that other state.

Grew up in Maple Valley, WA, now living in Bellevue.

Edited by Seahawks21

Hmm, perhaps this would be a good place to get some information. I'm thinking about moving to Portland in November. I currently live in Brooklyn and work in NYC. I'm in my mid-twenties. I would like to be near stuff to do. What parts of Portland should I be looking in? The area is totally daunting to start looking for a place to live. Add to that the fact that I've never been there, so I have no point of reference. I hear good things about the Pearl district, but what's it really like? I've read it has a high crime rate. Also it's really at the upper end of my current price range since I'm still fairly fresh out of college and not making a ton of money. What other neighborhoods are nice? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hmm, perhaps this would be a good place to get some information. I'm thinking about moving to Portland in November. I currently live in Brooklyn and work in NYC. I'm in my mid-twenties. I would like to be near stuff to do. What parts of Portland should I be looking in? The area is totally daunting to start looking for a place to live. Add to that the fact that I've never been there, so I have no point of reference. I hear good things about the Pearl district, but what's it really like? I've read it has a high crime rate. Also it's really at the upper end of my current price range since I'm still fairly fresh out of college and not making a ton of money. What other neighborhoods are nice? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I've lived in Seattle and suburbs (Tacoma, Federal Way, Everett, Snohomish, Mill Creek, North Bend) for the majority of my life. After moving down to Portland, my wife and I agree that we'd have be have some incredible offer to go back and we really like Seattle. We just like Portland more. Sure, there are some weirdos but they are harmless. Part of Portland's appeal is the smaller town atmosphere. We can drive from one side to the other in about 20 minutes. In Seattle, we probably wouldn't have made it to the highway in 20 minutes. For outdoor things to do, Skiing on Mt. Hood is an hour a way. The ocean is an hour in the other direction. You can enjoy them on the same day.

I read somewhere, don't know if its true or not, that Portland has more 4 star restaurants per capita than any other major US city. What I do know is that unless you're looking for a great steakhouse (which Portland doesn't have), there are a lot of really good restaurants. Beyond that, a lot of really good microbrew restaurants (Rogue, Bridgeport, Alameda, well this list would just go on and on).

We live in the West Hills and like it up there. Quick commute through Forest Park to downtown to work for me. The Pearl is nice / trendy with great restaurants / bars / shops and really expensive condos. Not sure what form high crime rate in the Pearl would come in. That seems very odd. Most people are outside on the streets and in the block parks all the time, certainly throughout the summer. NW Portland is another very neat area.

There are some sketchy areas on the east side, but area are being revitalized closer in and that movement is expanding further east constantly. The Northeast side, just east of the Willamette (Mississippi, Fremont areas) are coming around and seem to be the hotspot for the twenty-somethings.

Just don't come here for professional sports.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg