[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are gas prices where you live?

Randall

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're something like 20 cents or so higher than the national average. Supposedly that's because we got an extension to stay on the more expensive summer blend because of prior shortage issues or something. That extension expires in 10 days so our prices should fall a good amount shortly thereafter.

paid 2.14 lastnight....i asked the chick next to me if she ever bought gas there before and is

it any good being so cheap......she said she had, gas was good, but would have bought it down the road

for 1.97 but they ran out

gas being so low right now is good and bad...good on the wallet, but an indicator that the overall world economy

has slowed and demand has slipped....not just a summer/winter thing

paid 2.14 lastnight....i asked the chick next to me if she ever bought gas there before and is

it any good being so cheap......she said she had, gas was good, but would have bought it down the road

for 1.97 but they ran out

gas being so low right now is good and bad...good on the wallet, but an indicator that the overall world economy

has slowed and demand has slipped....not just a summer/winter thing

the summer winter/trends here have always been about a 30 cent swing. Since the gas stations have figured out they can charge in accordance with futures prices, which have no relevance on what they pay at the time, they can adjust their prices accordingly. I would expect that 0.030 to become a minimum of $1 from here on out.

as for the global economy, it will be interesting to watch how Iran reacts to having their export revenue cut in half for the next 4-5 months.

$3.79 for regular in South San Francisco. :wacko:

Do I get a prize?

Don't remember exactly when, but it approached $5/gallon at one point in this area. Somewhere in the $4.65-4.80 range, if I remember correctly.

Last night, it was $2.37 at the Costco right next to the SFO airport. The price has basically been cut in half in the past six months. Meanwhile, I've moved... driving 5 miles a day to work (each way), as opposed to 65 miles each way before (plus daily $5 toll). My commute expense has gone from $800 a month to about $200. Definitely not complaining.