[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best used cars to buy

AtomicCEO

http://autos.yahoo.com/consumerreports/art..._used_cars.html

These are models that have performed well in CR road tests over the years, and have proved to have several or more years of better-than-average reliability:

Acura Integra

Acura MDX

Acura RL

Acura RSX

Acura TL

Acura TSX

BMW M3

Buick LaCrosse

Honda Accord

Honda Civic

Honda Civic Hybrid

Honda CR-V

Honda Element

Honda Odyssey

Honda Pilot

Honda S2000

Infiniti FX

Infiniti G20

Infiniti G35

Infiniti I30, I35

Infiniti QX4

Lexus ES

Lexus ES

Lexus GS (RWD)

Lexus GX

Lexus IS

Lexus LS

Lexus RX

Lexus SC

Lincoln Continental

Lincoln Town Car

Mazda Millenia

Mazda MX-5 Miata

Mazda Protegé

Mazda3

Mitsubishi Endeavor

Mitsubishi Outlander

Nissan Altima

Nissan Maxima

Nissan Murano

Pontiac Vibe

Porsche 911 (except '03)

Scion tC

Scion xB

Subaru Baja

Subaru Forester

Subaru Impreza

Subaru Legacy

Subaru Outback

Toyota 4Runner

Toyota Avalon

Toyota Camry (except '07 V6)

Toyota Camry Solara

Toyota Celica

Toyota Corolla

Toyota Echo

Toyota Highlander

Toyota Land Cruiser

Toyota Matrix

Toyota Prius

Toyota RAV4

Toyota Sequoia

Toyota Sienna

Toyota Tundra (except '07 V8 4WD)

Volvo S60

Until last week, I owned a Vdub and an Audi. Bought the VW new and the Audi used. I would rate the reliability on them both as OK, problem with the Audi was when it did need service, the mf'er cost a fortune. Even basic stuff was ridiculous. Brake Pads? no biggie right? Wrong, Audi replaces the entire unit, roughly $600 per end. I swear, if we got out of the shop for $500 we were thankful. The VW hasn;t been so bad, a few recalls, but it's possible that my opinion is now skewed due to having my wallet gouged by the Audi. Loved the car, it drove great, excellent feel, handling, but damn.

Still think nothing drives likew a German car, but economics have to be considered. We were driving 2 cars that both took premium. :wacko:

'98 Avalon 150k miles bought 2 weeks ago. on list and paid for

'99 Accord on list and paid for

'03 Impala on list and is a pice. It is paid for and the proceeds from the sale will go into the Avalon pay back fund

'89 Trooper, taking hoopdy suv to a new level. It is paid for and is my forestry and veying vehicle

'86 Dodge 100 4x4, 9 mpg on premium. I have driven it 500 miles in 18 months. Reckon why?

Three japs, one pos american car, and one pre free ussr american redneck truck

Man... They forgot the Isuzu Rodeo... :wacko:

That vehicle was the biggest turd I have ever owned. I must have dropped $6K in repairs on it in 3 years.

I sold it back to the dealership with a blown head and lied about it. Screw them. Lemon piece of crap.

That vehicle was the biggest turd I have ever owned. I must have dropped $6K in repairs on it in 3 years.

I sold it back to the dealership with a blown head and lied about it. Screw them. Lemon piece of crap.

my 89 is an absolute beast. 14 mpg and keeps on going. The power steering pump blew a seal 2 years back and would go through a bottle every two days. I changed over to 30 weight in the pump and it hasn't needed a drop. Best 1800 I ever spent on a ride.