[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Step in dog poo?

westvirginia

Conn. Woman Claims Entire Day Was Ruined When Her Toddler Stepped In Dog Feces

NORWALK, Conn. (AP) ― A New York woman has filed a $100 claim against Norwalk, Conn. saying a family outing to the Maritime Aquarium was ruined by dog feces.

The woman claims her child's shoes, along with the entire outing, were ruined when her 1-year-old stepped in dog feces outside the Maritime Garage.

City attorney M. Jeffry Spahr said the official response is that her claim is denied and, in his words, "poop happens."

Kelly DeBrocky of Mahopac, N.Y., wants the city to reimburse her for $54 she spent replacing her toddler's ruined shoes and the expenses for parking and aquarium admission on April 5.

:wacko:

Now that's good journalism.

Actually, it's really 'refreshing' to see someone sue for actual damages. The woman wants her hundred bucks. I think that is in fact what this day cost her.

There was no suing for emotional distress, loss of consortium, soft tissue injury or any of the other bullpoopy claims people make. She is not asking for a million bucks. She just wants to be reimbursed for her daughter's shoes, and for parking.

Is a city responsible for poop on the street in the same way that it is responsible for cracks and potholes is not a completely whacky question.

Let's give her her day in court

Actually, it's really 'refreshing' to see someone sue for actual damages. The woman wants her hundred bucks. I think that is in fact what this day cost her.

There was no suing for emotional distress, loss of consortium, soft tissue injury or any of the other bullpoopy claims people make. She is not asking for a million bucks. She just wants to be reimbursed for her daughter's shoes, and for parking.

Is a city responsible for poop on the street in the same way that it is responsible for cracks and potholes is not a completely whacky question.

Let's give her her day in court

You know, that thought did cross my mind when I read it. Of course, my first impression (well, and my last one for that matter) was that she just needed to get over it but, you're right, it's not like she's looking for something above and beyond.

That said, she does need to get over it. Who knows how long that poop was there and I'm rather certain that there's a city ordinance against not picking up after your dog. So, is it really the city's fault that some dog owner broke the law and that there wasn't a city worker right there on the spot to pick it up? For that matter, kids are freaking clueless and have no idea where they're stepping half the time anyway. That poops not there and the girl could have just as easily ruined her shoes stepping into a muddy puddle. Is the city responsible for puddles as well?

If anything, the fact that it's "refreshing" to see that this woman is not looking for $1 million is a rather unfortunate commentary on society. Pain and suffering aside, it still means that the second something goes wrong, we look around for who we can get to pay for it. Was this woman under the impression that kids don't go through clothes like mad?