[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JD Power Airport Rankings

MikesVikes

Philadelphia won something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start the parade. :wacko:

i have flown out of many of the airports listed and while I hate the long term parking situation at PHL it is by far a very nice large airport. I dont know if i would rank them 1st but PHL is very nice and it is easy to get in and out of too (cant be said for MANY airports)

Love, John Wayne and BWI are 3 of the best small airports I have ever flown in/out of

Philadelphia won something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start the parade. :wacko:

Of course, if you didn't have a quick way out of that city there would be mass riots and hysteria - similar to when MOVE barricaded themselves and the mayor and police chief decided to bomb their house and burn down several blocks with C-4 taped to a full gas can...

Of course, if you didn't have a quick way out of that city there would be mass riots and hysteria - similar to when MOVE barricaded themselves and the mayor and police chief decided to bomb their house and burn down several blocks with C-4 taped to a full gas can...

I remember when that happened too

Ramona Frickin Africa

I fly relatively frequently, and though I connect through DTW mostly, my trips through MSP have been nothing but delightful. Granted, it sounds like check-in and baggage concerns were big hitters on this survey, but O'Hare is clearly the worst airport in the US. In well over a dozen tries, I've only had ONE trip to, from, or through ORD that didn't have a delay of some sort. I'm not a big fan of ATL, either.

I disagree as well...one of the easiest airports to fly in-and-out of and the security check is generally a breeze...

Yup, I never wait more than 5 or so minutes for security. Orange County is always much longer.

Baggage is relatively quick.

Tons of good food options, good shops, and uh... live freakin' music? Come on. This poll is lame.

Yup, I never wait more than 5 or so minutes for security. Orange County is always much longer.

Baggage is relatively quick.

Tons of good food options, good shops, and uh... live freakin' music? Come on. This poll is lame.

The music is f'n horrendous, usually some godforsaken country crap.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Laramie Wyoming airport is the best of all time....they held up a plane for a few minutes while I went down the street to buy a lock (despite the ton of duct tape on it) for my bow case. Most airports are okay...especially if you strategically avoid checking in on the big ones and just get connections (as convenient and as long as you don't pay for it).

Denver is a really good BIG airport.

LAX sucks but why go there when your destination is probably easier to get to from Bob Hope, John Wayne, or Long Beach?

Sea-Tac kind of sucks but got a bit better

Both Chicago airports suck...but always made it to my connection gate in time.

Dallas and Houston airports were extremely wacked.....Leave it up to a Texan to make things fubared enough that they put you on a trolley for 45 minutes and make you walk through corridors 1 mile along so you barely make your connection in 1 hour in 30 minutes.

Edited by bushwacked

Love, John Wayne and BWI are 3 of the best small airports I have ever flown in/out of

I dig John Wayne, but baggage arrival takes forever. I do like how they gain elevation fast on departure so they don't piss off Newport Beach residents...I get home faster...win win.

Edited by bushwacked

I fly relatively frequently, and though I connect through DTW mostly, my trips through MSP have been nothing but delightful. Granted, it sounds like check-in and baggage concerns were big hitters on this survey, but O'Hare is clearly the worst airport in the US. In well over a dozen tries, I've only had ONE trip to, from, or through ORD that didn't have a delay of some sort. I'm not a big fan of ATL, either.

I've had to fly in and out of O'Hare 8 times in the last 3 months, and I couldn't agree more. I'm actually shocked when a plane leaves or arrives on time. Also, it is so damn crowded. They have some o.k. bars in the United terminals (Fox Sports, Chile's), but, because of the crowds, you have to wait 30 minutes minimum to get a spot..... :wacko: On one of my flights, they changed gates 4 TIMES !!!! Not in the same terminal either, it went from terminal C to B, back to C, then, finally, back to B....... I thought I was on Punkd

I want to see a list that includes international airports (those outside of the US). While I have had issues at DET, O'Hare, LaGuardia, and Biloxi (mainly the fact that the bar closed at 6:30 freaking PM, two hours before my flight out) nothing I have ever been through in the US is as wretched as the Manchester Airport or DeGaulle in Paris... BWI is a great airport and really have no issues with Atlanta, except the international arrival terminal (if your final destination is ATL) which has the most idiotic set up I have ever seen. Oh yeah, Miami airport sucks also.

I have to edit this to simply express how s hi tty the Manchester airport is. DO NOT EVER FLY INTO MANCHESTER,YOU WILL RUE THE DAY, RUE IT, I TELL YOU!!!!!

Edited by SEC=UGA

Ireally have no issues with Atlanta, except the international arrival terminal (if your final destination is ATL) which has the most idiotic set up I have ever seen.

There is a big boondagle of a plan to upgrade the the international terminal with parts of it involving fixing this setup problem with the biggest fix being that you won't need to recheck bags after going through customs as you do now. But the boongagle is the costs of it and the projects overruns so far and it is still in the planning and design phases.

There is a big boondagle of a plan to upgrade the the international terminal with parts of it involving fixing this setup problem with the biggest fix being that you won't need to recheck bags after going through customs as you do now. But the boongagle is the costs of it and the projects overruns so far and it is still in the planning and design phases.

The new international terminal will be great, in 10 years when they finally complete it, at a cost of 4 billion over what it was initially slated to cost...

Try Gatwick - it blows chunks to the nth degree.

Is it a British trend to have sh it ty airports?

Two of my experiences in Manchester, and I'm not kidding.

Lunch time, they shut down the long runway, we're 12,000 pounds to heavy to take off on the short runway. So, we'll unload 12,000 pounds so that we can take off on the short runway. They start unloading, an hour later, we're unloaded, the long runway is open again, they decide to reload the 12,000 pounds, 2 fu c k ing hour delay.... That is both the fault of the airline and the airport.

Land in Manchester, trying to catch connection. Go to the ticketing desk to get my boarding pass for the connection. No one at ticket desk. No problem, I have one hour and 45 minutes before my connecting flight and conveniently enough their is a phone at the ticket desk so you can call for a ticketing agent. I call, one hour and 30 minutes prior to my connection flight, lady answers, "we'll be there shortly". 30 minutes later, call again, "we'll be there shortly". 15 minutes later, getting a little nervous, 45 minutes to my flight, call again, "we'll be there shortly". ME, "you told me that 45 minutes ago and no one has shown up, my flight departs in 45 minutes". Lady "Not to worry, we'll be up there shortly".

10 more minutes off of the clock, call again, no answer.... 5 minutes later, same scenario... with about 20 minutes left until my connection takes off I call again, lady answers the phone, "sir be patient, we will have someone assist you shortly" ME "my flight takes of in 20 minutes, this is the last connecting flight out until tomorrow AM and someone is meeting me at the other airport to pick me up and I can't call them to tell them not to meet me because my cell battery is dead and my charger is in the baggage on the f uc king plane I am about to miss. Can you please have someone come up here to issue my boarding passes?" CLICK, the BIOTCH hangs up on me.

Someone gets their 5 minutes before my flight takes off to issue my boarding pass. They then have to search all of my carry ons and basically strip search my wife. We run through the terminal to try and get to a plane that took off 2 minutes ago.... But wait, what is that line coming out of the gate where our plane is, the plane was delayed, what is going on.... Oh, there is a 10:00 break and they hadn't finished loading the baggage when the break occurred, so the flight was delayed... Thankfully the British penchant for laziness paid off in this case, I made the flight.

I want to see a list that includes international airports (those outside of the US). While I have had issues at DET, O'Hare, LaGuardia, and Biloxi (mainly the fact that the bar closed at 6:30 freaking PM, two hours before my flight out) nothing I have ever been through in the US is as wretched as the Manchester Airport or DeGaulle in Paris... BWI is a great airport and really have no issues with Atlanta, except the international arrival terminal (if your final destination is ATL) which has the most idiotic set up I have ever seen. Oh yeah, Miami airport sucks also.

I have to edit this to simply express how s hi tty the Manchester airport is. DO NOT EVER FLY INTO MANCHESTER,YOU WILL RUE THE DAY, RUE IT, I TELL YOU!!!!!

I flew to Frankfurt once, and the airport sucked! I could hardly find my way around because all the signs were unreadable and nobody was talking english right.

I flew to Frankfurt once, and the airport sucked! I could hardly find my way around because all the signs were unreadable and nobody was talking english right.

No one spoke English in Manchester either... No seriously, I had no clue what the hell those people we're prattling on about. On the positive side, all of the sighnage was in English, that helped.