[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so lets talk about dog pee

Vote Quimby2

I have two female boxers and their pee is wrecking my lawn. Anybody else deal with this and have a solution? Thanks.

My pitbull destroyed my parents lawn by peeing on it. We got these pills that are supposed to help not destroy grass but it was VERY hard to give the dog the pill everyday and I am not even sure it was working.

I think the best thing to do is train your dogs to pee on a particular patch so the entire lawn wont be burned up.

That's funny, we have two dogs that pee on both the front and backyard lawns and we've had no issues. Though I understand it's a problem for some.

We don't give them pills or anything but we do feed them premium food.

The mastiff we had when we were first married would cause the grass to sprout! It was incredible how much more lush the yard would look where he'd pee...and, fwiw, we fed him premium food, too...

Found some good info here. Some people say a little tomato juice clears the problem, but to make sure your dog's stomach can handle it first. I have a female dog as well & have the same problem every now & then. I know that dog can and has eaten just about anything & not get an upset stomach :wacko: so I'm going to give it a try. If that doesn't work I'm going to look for some of the store bought products.

That's funny, we have two dogs that pee on both the front and backyard lawns and we've had no issues. Though I understand it's a problem for some.

We don't give them pills or anything but we do feed them premium food.

Golden Retriever an a boxer, and neither ruin any lawn. I also feed them premium food.

I believe it is typically a problem with female dogs.

I have a 6 month old female boxer pup, no issues here.

Edited by Hat Trick

I have heard that there is too much nitrogen in the urine for the grass to use and it burns the lawn, like when you spill fertilizer on a spot. I have heard that not only watering, but adding lime to the spot and then watering helps break down the nitrogen. I haven't tried this, but my grass seems to have toughened up over the years and isn't sensitive to it as much. Also, our female dog now has prescription food, so that maybe part of the reason.

• 2 months later...

My brother in law used the pills and it was working great but they constipated the dog so he stopped using them. We just split my yard in half. there side looks like Afghanistan and our side looks nice