[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh come on.

H8tank

Really? This is what we should expect? :wacko:

I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.

Guess who? :D

So what is factually incorrect about his statements? Is joblessness not a problem? Is healthcare not a problem? Are the polar ice caps not melting and are the oceans not rising?

Now you can debate about just what exactly a President can do to address any of these problems, but the statement is no different than any other political speech where you lay out problems and pledge to work to fix them.

We can't all be as inspiring as John McCain promising more wars and a lot of combat wounds.

No more arrogant than this: :wacko:

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.
Edited by Big F'n Dave

can a a big green egg make kookoo taste better than a regular barbq ?

You insult me and blaspheme when you refuse to capitalize the Big Green Egg. Some do this intentionally to hurt me. Others do it because they are ignorant. In the end, it does not matter. The tears that run from eyes cannot tell the difference.

I'm curious: what was wrong with saying that?

Maybe the part where he said "this was the moment...blah, blah, blah" as if that was the very moment these things started to change. I'm just guessing as I hadn't thought about it until you asked. "This was the moment our oceans rise began to slow" ...well, it is going to take more than a millisecond after being voted in to make changes.

But...I get where he is coming from. It does have a ring of arrogance to it, like Savage alluded to...but again, I get where he is coming from.

Everyday I drive to the ocean with a 2 gallon bucket. I fill the bucket with ocean water and I drive to a sandy place and dump the water. I am doing something real to stop the ocean from rising as opposed to all these blow-hard politicians.

You insult me and blaspheme when you refuse to capitalize the Big Green Egg. Some do this intentionally to hurt me. Others do it because they are ignorant. In the end, it does not matter. The tears that run from eyes cannot tell the difference.

Don't make me post the article again.

I'm curious: what was wrong with saying that?

Nothing. But you can expect a plethora of threads trying to belittle Obama from the drooling backwoods boy from here to November. Except for the odd month or two off as we go along.

Nothing. But you can expect a plethora of threads trying to belittle Obama from the drooling backwoods boy from here to November. Except for the odd month or two off as we go along.

H8 does not drool. That would waste beer.

No more arrogant than this: :D

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.

underscore...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED :wacko:

Edited by devilwoman

But...I get where he is coming from. It does have a ring of arrogance to it, like Savage alluded to...but again, I get where he is coming from.

I guess it might be arrogant if you interpreted his comment literally. But I read the whole speech (click here) and saw it as more of a metaphor. Besides (and hold the presses) H8 quoted a tiny portion of as if it were the cornerstone of Obama's speech. Hardly. He addressed many issues of substance and took shots at McCain.

Edited by yo mama

Really? This is what we should expect? :wacko:

Guess who? :D

In this country, we now have people delivered from hospitals to homeless shelters because of the 'deregulation' movement begun by Reagan in the 80's. How soon we forget.

Everyday I drive to the ocean with a 2 gallon bucket. I fill the bucket with ocean water and I drive to a sandy place and dump the water. I am doing something real to stop the ocean from rising as opposed to all these blow-hard politicians.

Do you have any idea how many microorganisms you are killing when you do that? You're a monster.