[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm tired of this CRAP

tazinib1

So I'm going through my desk, clearing out crap and I find that I have accumulated quite a few quarters. $6.75 worth to be exact. So being short on funds at this moment, this was great news as I need gas money in a BAAAAAAD way right now. So I gather them up and head to the local pump to put a gallon 1/2 in my tank. I get told at the register that unless the quarters are ROLLED, they will not except them. Well this almost got my ass in trouble cause I went on to bitch the teller out about this being AMERICA and my quarters were LEGAL FREAKEN TENDER and she better except them!!! After debating with this stupid (word with-held to avoid disgracing myself) for 3-4 minutes and irritating the people in line behind me, she finally caved in and put the money towards my pump.

I'm really sick of this crap. So what if the teller has to take a couple extra minutes at night counting her drawer. And its not my fault if the bank does not allow loose change in the nightly drop.

Money is money is money is FREAKEN MONEY!!!!!

That is pretty stupid. If I could have, I would have pumped the gas first, and then paid. If they said they didn't take quarters, then I'd tell it is all I have, take it or leave it.

On a similar note, I was delivering pizza's in my college days, and a guy I was delivering to, tried to give me $12+ dollars in pennies (unrolled, in baggies) for the pizza. I was laughing all the way back to my car with the pizza still in hand!! Like I was going to sit there counting out 1200+ pennies to make sure the cost of the pizza was met (not to mention the other pizzas in my car that were on the same run were getting colder by the minute). Even funnier, was that he called the manager of my pizza place and tried to raise hell about it...My manager (also happened to be one of my best friends) told him next time think before you order...

Edit: When I have had desperate moments, I have never had problems cashing in quarters (rolled or unrolled). That IS ridiculous, not to accept quarters!! Sorry, didn't want you to think my experience was any indication that yours was wrong, but the one I expressed was just beyond the limitations of reasoning. Oh, and the guy told me that there was no tip included in the pennies...Nice! :D:wacko:

Edited by millerx

Good opportunity to cheat the gas station out of a tank of gas. Not that I would do this, but my wife used to work at a bank & she told me that businesses would bring in rolls all the time with several quarters at each end of a roll & something else stuffed in the middle.

Good opportunity to cheat the gas station out of a tank of gas. Not that I would do this, but my wife used to work at a bank & she told me that businesses would bring in rolls all the time with several quarters at each end of a roll & something else stuffed in the middle.

I don't want to label you (since you said you would NOT do this) but it does bring an article I just happen to read yesterday that refers to the "cheaters" that would... it turns out that they would more likely be liberals...sorry if this highjacks the post...

Cheaters

I don't want to label you (since you said you would NOT do this) but it does bring an article I just happen to read yesterday that refers to the "cheaters" that would... it turns out that they would more likely be liberals...sorry if this highjacks the post...

Cheaters

All that proves is that conservatives are liars. Not exactly news.

All that proves is that conservatives are liars. Not exactly news.

:wacko:

I will step no further as I don't want to highjack the thread or for the FCC (DMD) to come down on it. The earlier comment just "rang a bell" about an article I read the previous day, and fit with the post I replied to.

Cheaters

Like I said, I know this because my wife worked at a bank. I wouldn't have the stomach to pull cheap crap that could ruin my life. All I am saying is by having a policy of only taking rolled quarters they are opening themselves up to people like that because you know darn well that cashier is not going to bust it open to see.

:wacko:

I will step no further as I don't want to highjack the thread or for the FCC (DMD) to come down on it. The earlier comment just "rang a bell" about an article I read the previous day, and fit with the post I replied to.

Man he locked down a bunch of threads that were completely innocent yesterday. Some weren't but some were. Last year was my first of not paying. I'm debating if I want to subscribe this year. Please read them before locking them down.

Man he locked down a bunch of threads that were completely innocent yesterday. Some weren't but some were. Last year was my first of not paying. I'm debating if I want to subscribe this year. Please read them before locking them down.

I don't get this logic. (And now the thread will really be hijacked.)

You don't pay because of something to do with the message boards that are free anyway. :wacko: The pay is for good fantasy football content that is not part of the message board. IMO. And honestly, the tailgate should have no bearing on a fantasy football website.

Edited by Skippy

I don't get this logic. (And now the thread will really be hijacked.)

You don't pay because of something to do with the message boards that are free anyway. :wacko: The pay is for good fantasy football content that is not part of the message board. IMO. And honestly, the tailgate should have no bearing on a fantasy football website.

:highfive: tru dat

there is a wiki page on legal tender that explains it well.

It comes down to this: A business does not have to accept cash for goods under the appropriate circumstances.

Example of when they can legally refuse: I walk into a golf shop and pick up a dozen balls. I go to the counter and try to pay in quarters. They may legally refuse me because I have not yet incurred a debt to them.

Example of when they can not legally refuse: I go to a restaurant and consume a meal. When I go to pay they refuse my cash. I have already incurred a debt to them as I have already consumed the meal. They must accept my legal tender or they have no recourse for non-payment of debt.

While not taking $6.75 in quarters is stupid, where does a business draw the line?

Do you want to wait behind a guy that pays his $60 gas bill in nickels and dimes?

there is a wiki page on legal tender that explains it well.

It comes down to this: A business does not have to accept cash for goods under the appropriate circumstances.

Example of when they can legally refuse: I walk into a golf shop and pick up a dozen balls. I go to the counter and try to pay in quarters. They may legally refuse me because I have not yet incurred a debt to them.

Example of when they can not legally refuse: I go to a restaurant and consume a meal. When I go to pay they refuse my cash. I have already incurred a debt to them as I have already consumed the meal. They must accept my legal tender or they have no recourse for non-payment of debt.

All good points. And I've always wondered what the letter of the law really was concerning this. I guess my beef was that is was a lousy $6.75. As above asked...where does a company draw the line?

And just to clear things up, California does not allow you to "pump first, pay later".

All good points. And I've always wondered what the letter of the law really was concerning this. I guess my beef was that is was a lousy $6.75. As above asked...where does a company draw the line?

And just to clear things up, California does not allow you to "pump first, pay later".

Last place I saw that was in Alabama over a year and a half ago. It had been 15+ since before then. I don't think chains do it anymore.