[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nintendo Wii

Big Country

Finally hooked mine up. I have the Wii Sport, the Wii Play and Mario Kart.

What are some good games that my wife may enjoy (she says she'll play the Mario kart and some of the Wii Fit stuff once we get it. Friends of ours have this and she has enjoyed it).

What are games I may enjoy?

Game Party can be fun (darts, skeeball, hoop-shoot, air hockey, shuffleboard, etc).

Mario Olympics 2008 (not sure real name) is decent.

Tony Hawk's downhill jam if you like skateboarding type games.

Call of Duty if you want to try a war based game (can be somewhat hard).

Zelda if you want some fantasy play.

Mario Party is good for groups of people. Monkey Ball has a lot of mini-games good for the Wiimote. If you're into 1-player games, the commander-in-chief loved Mario Galaxy... she said it was the best game she's ever played.

I assume Madden is a given and they are making NCAA for the wii this year too. guitar hero, mario kart and mario galaxy are all good. smooth move is also fun, but kind of out there. i have not picked up smash bros yet. the simpsons game sucks.

the special lady friend has dance dance revolution and seems to like it. looks nothing like dancing to me though.

I assume Madden is a given and they are making NCAA for the wii this year too. guitar hero, mario kart and mario galaxy are all good. smooth move is also fun, but kind of out there. i have not picked up smash bros yet. the simpsons game sucks.

the special lady friend has dance dance revolution and seems to like it. looks nothing like dancing to me though.

Actually, Madden is pretty fun, except that you have to relearn the game interface since you actuall make throw motions, etc. But the stiff arm and juke is so much easier to time on the Wii. BIG recommend, especially, I'm sure, the 2009 coming out next month...

Actually, Madden is pretty fun, except that you have to relearn the game interface since you actuall make throw motions, etc. But the stiff arm and juke is so much easier to time on the Wii. BIG recommend, especially, I'm sure, the 2009 coming out next month...

I agree. Madden is awesome on the wii. My bad if I was unclear in my post.

Word of warning - Mario Galaxy is very childish. I thought it was a little fun for about a week, and then I got tired of the the horrible sound effects. Id try renting any game before buying. I had bought RE4, SMG, and Smash Bros Brawl. I ended up selling all of them on ebay recently becauase they got boring, or they just werent fun. RE4, while an excellent game, wasnt the same with the Wii controller. I enjoyed it a lot on PS2, but not so much on Wii.

We have Guitar Hero 3, and honestly, I dont even care for that. My take on the Wii - :wacko:

I plan on buying a PS3 sometime soon.

Word of warning - Mario Galaxy is very childish. I thought it was a little fun for about a week, and then I got tired of the the horrible sound effects. Id try renting any game before buying. I had bought RE4, SMG, and Smash Bros Brawl. I ended up selling all of them on ebay recently becauase they got boring, or they just werent fun. RE4, while an excellent game, wasnt the same with the Wii controller. I enjoyed it a lot on PS2, but not so much on Wii.

We have Guitar Hero 3, and honestly, I dont even care for that. My take on the Wii - :wacko:

Is it possible that you're just a sour joyless person? :D

I loved Galaxy, the Simpsons Game, and Mario Kart. And I just remembered that I bought Madden last weekend, and I haven't even opened it yet. Whoops.

Here's the thing about the Wii IMO: if you complain about the controller or gameplay on that controller, go back to a button based controlling system. The Wii basically demands your rethinking the way you physically interact with the game. The complaint about RE4's controller above is a good example: think of the standard controller split into two leaving both of your arms free. The aiming cursor is not locked in the center of the screen, but is aimed by your free hand. You turn and move with your other. So, yeah, learning to look in one direction, move in another and put your gun cursor on target up in the corner requires more coordination than before. It's also a lot more fun. If you don't like to be challenged and relearn something, then don't bother.

I've played Madden since it came out, and the most fun I ever had on it was playing the Wii version.

Here's the thing about the Wii IMO: if you complain about the controller or gameplay on that controller, go back to a button based controlling system. The Wii basically demands your rethinking the way you physically interact with the game. The complaint about RE4's controller above is a good example: think of the standard controller split into two leaving both of your arms free. The aiming cursor is not locked in the center of the screen, but is aimed by your free hand. You turn and move with your other. So, yeah, learning to look in one direction, move in another and put your gun cursor on target up in the corner requires more coordination than before. It's also a lot more fun. If you don't like to be challenged and relearn something, then don't bother.

I've played Madden since it came out, and the most fun I ever had on it was playing the Wii version.

Hmmm...guess I'll give Madden another try this year. I got it for the Wii last year and returned it a few days later for the PS2 version. I hated having to swing my arms just to hike the ball.

Zelda and Mario Galaxy I thought were 2 of the best games I've ever played. As mentioned, Guitar Hero and Wii Fit are fun as well. I like Big Brain Academy too.

Is it possible that you're just a sour joyless person? :D

I loved Galaxy, the Simpsons Game, and Mario Kart. And I just remembered that I bought Madden last weekend, and I haven't even opened it yet. Whoops.

Hardcore gamers don't typically like the Wii much. The Wii and its games were designed for the 95% of the population that don't play video games several hours each day. I think that Misfit may have put it best (I actually used this as my sig for a while):

The Wii also appears to be a big hit with females, probably because it treats gaming as a social event rather than something lonely guys do in the dark for hours before they masturbate and cry themselves to sleep.

Of the games we have bought, we mostly play Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Guitar Hero and the Lego series games (Star Wars and Indiana Jones). I'd recommend all of those. I have a 8 yr old boy that dictates what we play mind you. Madden is also great.

Although it's not going to have the downloadable songs feature that the PS3 version has I'm looking forward to playing Rock Band on the Wii. I thought Guitar Hero was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard.....until I played it. Now I'm addicted. Of course my wife keeps reminding me that I can't actually play a real guitar.... :wacko:

My only complaint with the Wii so far is they need to expand the online game play. It would be great if Wii Sports could be played online as well as games like Tiger Woods. Supposedly the Tiger 09 coming out in August has some sort of online game play but from the description its not exactly what I was hoping for.

All-New Online Simultaneous Play

Play an entire 4-person round in the same time it takes to play single player. With the all-new Simultaneous Play you'll tee off at the same time as your opponents and see their ball flight in line with yours.

Edited by myhousekey

mario kart is a blast! we just got it for my son's 13th birthday. fun with or without the wheel ... i prefer the nunchuck setup.

Me too. That wiimote-nunchuck setup is probably my favorite control scheme ever of any controller for any system.

Im assuming this is directed at me.I played and enjoyed RE4 on the PS2 as stated, an perhaps its just that the game wasnt as fun the 2nd time. It just didnt draw me in like it did the 1st time. That isnt a gameplay issue, that is just the game itself. I didnt really have a problem with havig to "relearn" the controls. It really wasnt hard to do that. It just wasnt fun the 2nd time.