[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wicked

Big Country

Saw this with the wife over the weekend. It was her birthday present from her mom. I got to say, it was actually quite good and funny in parts. It is essentially the story leading up to how the wicked witch came to be, etc. Pretty funny, especially if you like the Wizard of Oz.

So, if your wife or SO or you want to see a musical/play, I can give this one a thumbs up.

I read the book. It was pretty good.

Indeed. I read it as well. An entertaining premise, well delivered by the author -- though there is some chaff to sort through in the book ... I'd cough up the coin to see a Broadway level production of it ...

I brought the family to Chicago to see it a couple of years ago before the one gal left. I will say it was simply an awesome show.....I guess that makes me ghey....better go do something manly before I go to bed....better wipe this mask off my face though first!

BC, Me and my oldest daughter have watched the wizard of Oz about 275 times. Do you think a 7 year old would like it ?

BC, Me and my oldest daughter have watched the wizard of Oz about 275 times. Do you think a 7 year old would like it ?

Whomp - I've been thinking of making the trek to Chicago with the family in the next month or two and was wondering the same thing about my 6 year-old. I found this helpful.

Whomp - I've been thinking of making the trek to Chicago with the family in the next month or two and was wondering the same thing about my 6 year-old. I found this helpful.

Make sure you both get the car version of this for your trip. :wacko:

I've seen it twice. Does that make me doubly ghey?

For those that own the book.....the musical is completely different. Other than the premise (prequel to Wizard of Oz) & the main characters (Glinda & Elphaba) there are almost no similarities between the two.

If you can appreciate the vocal talents of the cast (especially the two witches) you will really like the musical. We took my 7 yr old last year and she loved it. Of course, my wife and I had seen it previously and bought the CD so my daughter had heard the songs a bunch of times and enjoyed singing along.

I've seen a half dozen or so musicals, so I'm no expert or anything, but Wicked is by far and away the most fun I've ever had at a theater performance - musical or play. I'd see it again in a heartbeat. Our "Ga"linda was awesome. Toss toss.

Don't let 'em get to ya, BC. You want to be in touch with your feminine side. It's okay.....really......seriously. :wacko:

I did it to get in touch with my wife's feminine side, if you catch my drift.

Yes, definitely. Younger kids may get spooked a bit by the booming voice of the Wizard of Oz and the opening scene with a dragon, but all in all very child friendly.

See above.