[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I finally got the bleeding to stop....

jaxfactor

Playing poker tonight with CD, BC, and Whomp. I'm doing pretty sh*tty and the cards just are not my friends. So I hurry up between hands and run to the fridge(about 20 feet away) to grab another beer. Just when I'm about to sit back down I drop the SOB right on my foot. It shatters and the bloodbath ensues. So I get dealt a pair of 2s and decide, what the hell, I'll put all my remaining chips in(only about 800-850) and see what happens. The worst that can happen is I get eliminated and I can then take care of my foot. So I'm watching the hand play out as Whomp goes all in also while at the same time watching the blood literally start puddling up on the floor. I hit a small straight on the river but CD hits a flush to eliminate both myself and Whomp. Now I can take care of my foot. I walk down the hall to grab a towel leaving bloody footprints as I go. Meanwhile, I'm seriously thinking that i may have to go to the emergency room. I manage to wipe up all of the blood on the floor and on my foot. Turns out that there's only one cut between my 2nd and 3rd toes that just bled like I had been shot in the head or something. I still may need stitches, but geez! I didn't realize i could bleed that badly. Now it's gonna be real fun to go to work like this, especially if it rains like it always does in the Florida afternoons.

Sorry bout the foot. Stitches between the toes can't be good....on a poker note...what site do you use?

We use the chris moneymakers software. We used to use pokerroom until they shut down the free tables. We havent played for a while but we will probably start getting some consistent games again in the near future. We play for 10 bucks each payable by paypal or snail mail. The only problem with the moneymakers software for some reason is that only Chief dick and Budlitebrad can open a table. Everyone else that tried cant do it for some reason. Luckily Chief Dick doesnt have a social life and is ususally available to play

We use the chris moneymakers software. We used to use pokerroom until they shut down the free tables. We havent played for a while but we will probably start getting some consistent games again in the near future. We play for 10 bucks each payable by paypal or snail mail. The only problem with the moneymakers software for some reason is that only Chief dick and Budlitebrad can open a table. Everyone else that tried cant do it for some reason. Luckily Chief Dick doesnt have a social life and is ususally available to play

Well if you ever need another player to join the table, let a brotha know!

I went to a brand new emergency medical facility on my route before I went to bed this morning. I figured I could either go to the hospital that my insurance runs through and wait half a day in the emergency room or shell out a couple C notes and get it done pronto. I chose the latter. It took 8 stitches to close it up and the Dr. there told me it would help to stay off my feet for a couple days. I'm off Tuesday this week but am still thinking about going into work on Monday.As long as I wear white socks I should be fine. Injured playing poker. :wacko: That has to be a first.

I went to a brand new emergency medical facility on my route before I went to bed this morning. I figured I could either go to the hospital that my insurance runs through and wait half a day in the emergency room or shell out a couple C notes and get it done pronto. I chose the latter. It took 8 stitches to close it up and the Dr. there told me it would help to stay off my feet for a couple days. I'm off Tuesday this week but am still thinking about going into work on Monday.As long as I wear white socks I should be fine. Injured playing poker. :wacko: That has to be a first.

Man, now I feel bad for laughing at you last night. :D

Get well soon.

Sorry, this story still makes me laugh though. :D:D

I went to a brand new emergency medical facility on my route before I went to bed this morning. I figured I could either go to the hospital that my insurance runs through and wait half a day in the emergency room or shell out a couple C notes and get it done pronto. I chose the latter. It took 8 stitches to close it up and the Dr. there told me it would help to stay off my feet for a couple days. I'm off Tuesday this week but am still thinking about going into work on Monday.As long as I wear white socks I should be fine. Injured playing poker. :D That has to be a first.

Your not going to Vegas this year are you :wacko:

That sucks. One morning (about 14 years ago) whilst backing out of my California driveway to leave work at 4:30 AM, a cat runs across the path of my truck and I slam on the breaks not to hit it. When I do, my piping hot coffee jumps out of the coffee holder, lands on the front of my foot popping open and burning the entire layer of skin of the top of my foot. That sucked and took a long time to heal. 8 stitches is a bunch… sucks.

Edited by Thews40

I went to a brand new emergency medical facility on my route before I went to bed this morning. I figured I could either go to the hospital that my insurance runs through and wait half a day in the emergency room or shell out a couple C notes and get it done pronto. I chose the latter. It took 8 stitches to close it up and the Dr. there told me it would help to stay off my feet for a couple days. I'm off Tuesday this week but am still thinking about going into work on Monday.As long as I wear white socks I should be fine. Injured playing poker. :D That has to be a first.

:wacko: Jeez, that was some cut!! Glad you got that puppy stitched up!