[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C Cooley oh boy!

Grimm74

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooley is a mandatory keeper on my roster. When I went early to draft Witten, folks were like It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!??? This is why I drafted Witten, and then went back later and picked up McMichael. Not saying Cooley will be a total bust this year, but he's definitely going to slide into a lower tier among TEs, IMO.

Cooley was busy TRYING to block Tuck most of the night.

Yup. The funny thing is, guys on the radio talking about FF were basically using this as an excuse. Problem is, in FF, just because it's not your fault that you put up crap for numbers doesn't change a thing. Great, maybe Cooley will be traded to a team that can manage to protect the QB with 5 down lineman. However, as long as hes in Wash and they can't defend Campbell, it doesn't matter how good a TE Cooley is. Part of being a good TE is being able to block. Unfortunately, that's the part that Cooley's being asked to focus on right now.

During half-time I don't know who it was, but one of the guys mentioned that Campbell needed to do a much better job of reading the defense and then going through check downs, because he seemed to just have one receiver in mind for each play, and couldn't break away from that one receiver.

New offense. Opening against the world champs wasn't very lucky. Give them time. I think this will work out fine.

I agree but Campbell and the rhythm needed in the passing game has a long way to go though. I don't think we'll see Campbell for very long if he doesn't learn to get rid of the ball on time. The issue of waiting for his WRs to be open was an issue all preseason.

Bright side... it's a miracle Portis managed 84 yds with the Giants tee-ing off on the Skins run game.

Edited by kingfish247

:wacko:

The Giants made Tom f'n Brady look bad last year. Of course Campbell was going to have a rough game last night, even without factoring in the new offense.

These boards after the first game of the year are kinda amusing.

:wacko:

The Giants made Tom f'n Brady look bad last year. Of course Campbell was going to have a rough game last night, even without factoring in the new offense.

These boards after the first game of the year are kinda amusing.

Um, how many starters on D, including Strahan and Osi, have the Giants lost since that game?

Um, how many starters on D, including Strahan and Osi, have the Giants lost since that game?

Wurd. The G-Men recorded ONE STINKIN SACK against the Skins' sorry outfit. Their defensive front is clearly not the same as last year. And to think, I had to draft those bastards in one of my leagues! :wacko:

Spagnuolo knows what he is doing. The scheme hasn't changed from what I saw. And despite the Redskins using Cooley and Portis/Betts to block on passing plays, the the Giants had pressure on Campbell pretty regularly all night.

Are they going to be good as last year - maybe not. But I'm not sure why anyone would have thought that the Giants weren't going to give the Redskins significant problems last night.

Campbell, the WCO and the skins O in general looked bad last night obviously. I would expect this team to start slow and pick it up late in the season. As for Cooley, give the guy a chance. He's been a very consistent fantasy TE. I don't have data to back this up but off the top of my head, I believe Cooley tends to be a slow producer early in the season and pick it up as the season goes along.

Campbell, the WCO and the skins O in general looked bad last night obviously. I would expect this team to start slow and pick it up late in the season. As for Cooley, give the guy a chance. He's been a very consistent fantasy TE. I don't have data to back this up but off the top of my head, I believe Cooley tends to be a slow producer early in the season and pick it up as the season goes along.

That might be because the Redskins change OC every year requiring Campbell and the O to learn a new system. I expect a tough year for the Redskins. However, as the year goes on they will improve. The D will be solid but overworked.

Spagnuolo knows what he is doing. The scheme hasn't changed from what I saw. And despite the Redskins using Cooley and Portis/Betts to block on passing plays, the the Giants had pressure on Campbell pretty regularly all night.

Are they going to be good as last year - maybe not. But I'm not sure why anyone would have thought that the Giants weren't going to give the Redskins significant problems last night.

Don't get me wrong, I was not surprised to see them man-handling Washington's O last night. I merely took exception to you comparison to last year's outfit.

Last year's outfit was better and they shut down the Pats. Now, let's not forget that they played the Pats only a month earlier so might have just happened to come up with the perfect scheme. Now they've lost a bunch of important pieces but are still solid. At least solid enough to shut down a less accomplished Washington team.

That's all.

Skins installed new offense with a new coach ( who clearly will need to improve on clock management and perhaps even a haircut ) and they had a very miserable preseason

I think Giant Defense was solid last night but i think skins offense was equally inept

I had portis lined up in my main league and then took gore last second (basically because i kept reading how bad skins offense was looking ...last night it appeared to be the fact )