[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got some very sad news....

Jimmy Neutron

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. :wacko: Like the others in this thread I'm shocked he was so young! With an aneurysm I'm hoping it was fast, and he didn't suffer.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend. :D Like the others in this thread I'm shocked he was so young! With an aneurysm I'm hoping it was fast, and he didn't suffer.

Thanks all.

In a way, he'd been suffering over the last two years. He had a serious aneurysm almost two years ago getting out of his semi-tractor and did a double-gainer onto the concrete highway below. He was never the same after that, but was unable to accept that fact.

I was just thinking back to the day I hired him. I was showing him a tight dock space that I required drivers to back 53' traliers into. When I asked if he could do it, he said, 'I can back a trailer where most men can't drag a limp rope." :wacko: I hired him on the spot.

The picture in my original post was taken on my birthday several years ago. We liked to fish on my birthday because it coincides with ice-off at most of the local lakes. It's a tradition we carried for several years.

Kenny was the best kind of hillbilly. When asked what he was up to, he'd always say, "I'm busier than a two-peckered billy goat, but I've always time for a friend." He was full of colorful phrases and would give you the shirt off his back. The world is a little less light with his passing.

Thanks all.

In a way, he'd been suffering over the last two years. He had a serious aneurysm almost two years ago getting out of his semi-tractor and did a double-gainer onto the concrete highway below. He was never the same after that, but was unable to accept that fact.

I was just thinking back to the day I hired him. I was showing him a tight dock space that I required drivers to back 53' traliers into. When I asked if he could do it, he said, 'I can back a trailer where most men can't drag a limp rope." :wacko: I hired him on the spot.

The picture in my original post was taken on my birthday several years ago. We liked to fish on my birthday because it coincides with ice-off at most of the local lakes. It's a tradition we carried for several years.

Kenny was the best kind of hillbilly. When asked what he was up to, he'd always say, "I'm busier than a two-peckered billy goat, but I've always time for a friend." He was full of colorful phrases and would give you the shirt off his back. The world is a little less light with his passing.

He could have been a writer for Larry, the Cable Guy! :D

I'm sorry for your loss Jimmy. It is another not so subtle reminder to live while you can because there's no guarantees that tomorrow will be here.

Thanks for your thoughts folks, I appreciate them.

A couple more "Kennyisms." It seems therapeutic to remember them, thought I'd share his humor...

He loved his Peterbilt and his pickup and spent a good deal of time detailing them. He had "Straight up Pimpin'" painted on the back of his 379 Peterbilt. He'd often show up in one or the other and say, "She's shinin' like a ruby in a goat's ass, ain't she?" :wacko: Not sure how he came up with that one.

When someone wanted to physically scrap with him, seriously or in jest he'd say, "Boy, you'd be better off tanglin' with a pair of pissed bobcats in a phone booth than mess with me."

May Kenny be catching the big ones as we speak. Sorry for the loss Jimmy. :wacko:

That's a nice thought - maybe with his dad. His pop died almost 10 years ago and Kenny's missed him terribly.

One other memorable quip about my friend. He was the consummate haggler. I don't think he paid retail for a thing in his life. He haggled with the people at the drive thru and usually got something out of it. He was constantly giving me car wash passes and discount cards of every flavor that he'd charmed off somebody - male or female - it didn't matter. He got his cigarettes at a steep discount from a gal at the Chevron by his house. I once watched him talk a guy down almost 50% on an ice auger in a sporting goods store.

Thanks again for the thoughts - it's nice to have a place to ramble like this. I've never lost a friend so close to my age.