[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoffs

keggerz

This has to do with any and all major team sports.....

Watching the Sox/Rays game and its 11-1 in the top of the 7th and MANY Sox fans have left...I have no idea how much those tickets cost but even the worst seats cant be cheap....so that begs the question(s)...

If your homer team were in the playoffs and getting blown out would you leave?

Would it depend on how much the tickets cost?(Free, cheap or expensive?)

For the life of me I couldnt ever see leaving a game early, especially a playoff game.

so what say you?

That ticket is a sunk cost. No sense in compounding the pain by staying an extra hour when you are going to lose. If I'm not having a good time (i.e. my team is getting blown out), I've been known to leave early.

Haven't seen the second half of a Lions game in a while have you? :wacko:

I kid, I kid. :D

i generally do not leave games early. there have been some rare exceptions where i had something going on after the game and getting out a bit early would help, especially if the game seemed to be out of reach. that's only a handful to times.

and yes, i'm a bengals season ticket holder. i stay until the bitter, bloody end.

I've never left a Gator game early. Never. Not in a down pour, not when Georgia beat us 44-0 (Herschell Walker was scary), never.

Speaking only for myself, I think a real fan supports his team in good times and in bad times.

:wacko::D:D

Yer talking Boston sports fans... the biggest fairweather fans in the country, by far.

Worse than Dallas? This town couldn't care less about a losing team. Shoot you'd think they were going to finish dead last in the NFL when you listen to the radio after a Cowboys loss around here.

Speaking only for myself, I think a real fan supports his team in good times and in bad times.

Are there times when you speak for others :wacko:

In any case, I don't see how that makes you a better fan of your team than someone who leaves early if they are down 44-0. I don't particularly enjoy sitting around till the bitter end of a game that was decided in the first half. I could be surfing pron for that hour and a half while you are sitting in a monsoon.

Note: This theory doesn't apply to baseball games (outdoors only) as that is just a good time in nice weather, win or lose.

In any case, I don't see how that makes you a better fan of your team than someone who leaves early if they are down 44-0. I don't particularly enjoy sitting around till the bitter end of a game that was decided in the first half. I could be surfing pron for that hour and a half while you are sitting in a monsoon.

Note: This theory doesn't apply to baseball games (outdoors only) as that is just a good time in nice weather, win or lose.

Not always. They cut off the beer after the 7th inning.

I'll explain how it makes me a better fan, imo. How supportive is it for a team to look into the stadium and seeing it empty because they are losing but full if they are winning? Maybe it's different for me because I don't have a favorite "pro" team. I think in collegiate sports, it matters when they look into the stadium and see it full, win or lose. Do you think the players enjoy losing 44-0? Do the players find it more supportive if the fans are still there or if they are at home stroking their peenys? I try to put myself in the players' places. The college athlete is giving his best effort. I know if it were me, I'd like to see the stadium full--win or lose.

I try to put myself in the players' places. The college athlete is giving his best effort.

The demand on my personal time is at an all time high. If these prima donna's want my undivided attention, they better be competitive at a minimum. Why should I care if the stadium is full? Do they care that I'm missing out on the latest release on youpron. I don't think so.

The demand on my personal time is at an all time high. If these prima donna's want my undivided attention, they better be competitive at a minimum. Why should I care if the stadium is full? Do they care that I'm missing out on the latest release on youpron. I don't think so.

You sound like a bitter Lion's fan. As such, I empathize with you. But I am still a better overall fan than you, if for no other reason than my overwhelmingly blue eyes sparkle and my charming disposition brings joy wherever I go.